Serious question...

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Beth143nacho, Oct 25, 2013.

1. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Thinking about the nsal calendar... Got me wondering. Is Howard merely entertaining his wife, or is this the extent if Howard sterns influence these days?

I'm not sure a Howard stern calendar would sell nearly as many copies as Beth's...

Is the Howard stern brand now reduced to relying on his wife to remain relevant?

2. Joe Bauers

Joe Bauers Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    His calender just shows, that he's a hack

3. itpdude

itpdude New Member

Reputations:
    I should have saved a post of mine from about a week back. . . . it went something like this:

Beth wanted to have cool parties in the Hamptons.
    Pelican knew he'd have to pay.
    Beth knew Pelican would pay if there was some sort of scheme involved to mitigate expenses.
    Beth got with the NSAL.
    Pelican gave the NSAL a pile of money, tax-deductible.
    Beth throws "fundraisers" that are better described as wine and crumpets affairs with her Hampton's friends.
    That equals Pelican funded parties that are at least charitable deductions.
    Beth wants to be in print media showing off her "modeling" skills.
    Beth comes up with the NSAL calendar.
    Pelican makes another tax-deductible donation to the NSAL for the specific purpose of a calendar.
    Calendar is put under "fundraising."
    Pelican buys camera equipment and software.
    That is tax-deductible because he "needs" it to do charity work.
    Beth gets new outfits. Pelican buys them.
    Those are tax-deductible because she "needs" them for the calender.

And now we have Beth promoting the NSAL and doing an annual calender and doing fundraising that really about quenching Beth's thirst for extravagant parties in the Hamptons with her rich "friends."

4. basketcase

basketcase Pissed that Naz only has 2 legs

Reputations:
    You got it!

5. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Right... But is the calendar a side project or a main focus on staying relevant?

6. sammyr134

sammyr134 Mister Sunshine Banned User

Reputations:
    in 3 more years her uterus will be completely dried up and so will his pandering.

7. itpdude

itpdude New Member

Reputations:
    Did you ever watch the Sopranos? There was a season where Carm was building a spec house. She then ran into inspector problems because she used the wrong 2x4 or something. She wanted Tony to fix it. Tony could fix it but he wouldn't for whatever reason. Meantime, Adrianna was killed by Sil but that was kept quiet with the rumor that Adrianna just up and left Chrissy.

Carmen continues to be curious about Adrianna but Tony keeps staving her off until finally Carmen talks about hiring a PI to look into Adrianna's disappearance. Next thing, Tony gets on the phone with Sil and says, "call the inspectors to get Carm's spec-house approved. My wife needs a fuckin' job." He does that to avert Carm's attention from the disappearance/death of Adrianna.

How does all this apply to Pelican and Beth? Pelican is making sure Beth has a "job" to distract her from several things ranging from her rapidly deteriorating uterus, the puke Pelican is in real life, and a host of other secrets Beth holds.

The calendar isn't some sort of exposure for Pelican, although Beth takes it as exposure for her. I'm sure she sends the calender to her friends and family to make them feel jealous or something.

For Pelican, the reasons are more practical: Keep Beth complicit.

8. SomerSky

SomerSky Obsessed with what I hate Banned User

Reputations:
    In the waning years of his career, where he is making more money than he ever has before, he NEEDS acceptance into the moneyed set he resides in.....so set Beth up with something that will keep her dull brain entertained, at least it shuts her up about having children, and it gives them the charity set....it's a "look at me" issue, he needs it, she needs it, and they now feel appreciated by those who are really talented and have made it....Now they will do the same thing in Palm Beach.....she will be fostering some other animal that doesn't need fostering to curry favor with the new set....problem is PB is the oldest of the old money, hard ass republicans, and elderly....it will be interesting to see how they fit in, I'm sure the ladies who lunch are already turning their noses up at H & S......and the men who gold can't stand him going back to the 80's...

9. GaryPuppet

GaryPuppet Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Why doesnt put his foot down and keep Beth from doing that shitty kitten bowl show?

He had no trouble shutting down back office radio, the block party or sal's sunday twitter recipes.

10. Oozay

Oozay Member

Reputations:
    [h=1]Mi Want Mi Cow Foot[/h]

11. tHISisKiSSeL

tHISisKiSSeL ♡❂❁❀♡ Gold

Reputations:
    If Howard put out a calendar with wackpackers as the models I would want it. It has to be the good wackpackers though.

Hank, Beet, ETM, Bigfoot, Jeff the drunk, Crazy Alice, Wendy the retard, Gary the Retard, Nicole Bass, Andrea Miss Howard Stern, Crackhead Bob, Elephant Boy

It was hard to come up with 12. They could dig up Croix again too, she posts here as BenBas. Just no Bobo or Maryanne or Boots or Hillbilly the guy who won that stupid contest. I think Siobhan deserves to be in it but he's too repulsive to have to look at his picture for a month.

12. SomerSky

SomerSky Obsessed with what I hate Banned User

Reputations:
    maybe Elliot Offerman

13. koclem

koclem .|..O..|. VIP Banned User

Reputations:
    please explain this theory :what:

14. nicksgt

nicksgt Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    so here is what i can't figure out..let's assume everything you say here is accurate, and i believe there is a lot of truth to this, you're a pretty smart guy...

Why the pretense of the calendar? From a pure marketing perspective, the way the calendar is done doesnt make any sense...it's too weird. They had two options..make it a puppy and kittens calendar alone and they could have sold them to realtors and insurance agents across the country by the thousands as cheap giveaways. Or if you still buy into Beff Oats as the hot FHM bikini modoe, why not just make it a slutty butt pin up calendar and he probably could have gotten more of his fans to buy them....i dont get it..couldnt there have been a more cost effective way to have done all of this?

15. N Copter

N Copter Shot Dead Banned User

Reputations:
    Good question.

I'd say his brand his shot. I remember thinking there might be some issue when Private Parts came out. At the time I was shocked when it didn't make a hundred million the first two weeks. Didn't the release of Empire Strikes Back knock it out of the top spot after one week?

16. tHISisKiSSeL

tHISisKiSSeL ♡❂❁❀♡ Gold

Reputations:
    Ronald Reagan and several others stole Croix's "architecture". Croix was truly a mentally ill old woman who may have once been attractive but continued to dress and act as if she still were so even though she looks like this:

[​IMG]

BenBas has a mantra she repeats in almost every post about how the show staff and perhaps even Stern himself read her posts to steal her ideas (like Croix's architecture). Part of her mantra is that she is an attractive female fan and that people attack her because of it; even though the only pic she's ever shown was 80x80, blurry and taken 3 decades ago. They're very similar.

17. koclem

koclem .|..O..|. VIP Banned User

Reputations:
    :wigtip:

18. SillyOldMan

SillyOldMan Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Brilliant!!

19. Dlist

Dlist Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Side project to keep the Beff happy. Since no one else cares to hire her as a modeo...she probably bugs the crap out of Howard to do this, so she can pretend at being a real modeo.

And since he gets tax deductions, he'll put up with it.

20. ohmicah

ohmicah Real Gad About Town

Reputations:
    I'd recommend watching that show over going to a shrink anyday. I read a book "The Phycology of The Sopranos" and it laid out a lot of the life lessons in that show. Remarkable series.