Seth Meyers odds on favorite to replace Fallon

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Rob0729, Mar 22, 2013.

1. Rob0729

Rob0729 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    From the NY Post:

http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/lat...tm_campaign=SFFBPageSix&utm_source=SocialFlow

Funny, I thought Howard was being groomed for the job and couldn't talk about it because of the negotiations. Are you telling me it is bullshit?

2. GaryPuppet

GaryPuppet Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Everyone knows how horrible stern's work ethic has been the last few years. He a big nobody now. Fuck him the the whorse he married.

3. fletchman71

fletchman71 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Wow, Seth Meyers is fucking worthless and unfunny. His SNL Weekend Update is worse than when Kevin Nealon was doing it and Nealon was by far the worst ever. NBC is circling the drain.............

4. landfill

landfill Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  5. Kilroy

Kilroy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Meyers is horrible...ugh..

6. landfill

landfill Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Only part of SNL I fast forward. He is terrible.

7. crazypreacher

crazypreacher Hey yo

Reputations:
    I know I'm in fantasyland, but, .......... Norm!

8. mattzane227

mattzane227 Active Member

Reputations:
    Wow I thought this might be one guy that wouldn't be shit all over. I'm shocked.

9. bucketbuddy

bucketbuddy New Member

Reputations:
    i like seth :dontknow:

10. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    This. You'd have to be a moron to think he's funny at all.

11. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    Don't blame the Salooners, blame 34,003 horrible unfunny overlong SNL skits.

12. Jon Hein is God

Jon Hein is God New Member

Reputations:
    Seth Meyers is great. I've enjoyed every one of his appearances on the STern show.

13. kicksave7

kicksave7 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Read about this today. Howard's vain attempts for trying to drum up attention to himself with fake stories about him being the new host of ANY late night talk show are pathetic. Howard is so delusional, he really thinks he can attract a young, hip audience...Seth Meyers might not be funny but even NBC would prefer him to old, pale, stale Stern who hardly works at all anymore. At least Meyers would work 24/7 on the show. Shout out to Howard...you're done. Take the millions you have made thus far and retire already...you only work three days a week as it is (only two days this week) on the radio show and the AGT show is a mess and unwatchable. You ruined your "brand" by judging some third rate talent show and you know it.

14. newcastlefan

newcastlefan גֵּרְשֹׁם VIP

Reputations:
    good! Meyers has the most arrogantly obnoxious on screen personality since David Spade's Buh-Bye character. I won't feel like i'm missing anything by watching mid-channel static instead of Meyers.

15. shani3

shani3 Active Member

Reputations:
    Agree that Seth is horrible and should've been fired as "head writer" a long time ago. A lot of his sketches involve men kissing each other; he's got to be the gayest "straight" guy since Howard. But I do hope he gets Fallon's old slot, as just yesterday Buchwald floated that Howard was being groomed to replace Jimmy (this after nobody bought the "Howard Stern being groomed to replace Leno" story).

Personally, if they're gonna go with another SNL alumnus, I think Bill Hader would be a much better choice than Myers.

16. Droog

Droog Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    They're never going to give Howard a late night show. When was the last time they gave a show to a 60-year old? Never. Letterman is around at his age only because he is an institution. Carson got to go as long as he did for the same reason. Neither of those guys broke into late night talk at an old age. It's too bad the networks were afraid of Howard back when he was funny. That failed Fox pilot sucked because Howard tried to be Letterman rather than doing the show he did on WOR.

17. Droog

Droog Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Seth almost got to replace Regis. I never watched him sub for him, so I don't know if he was any good or not. The networks seem to be looking for ways to use him. I don't think he's that great. Then again, who would have thought Fallon would settle in? He's turned out to be pretty good.

18. Rob0729

Rob0729 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I really don't care who wins the 12:30 slot as long as it isn't Howard. Who watches these shows anyway? Other than a few sketches here and there that you can find online and the Kimmel show where Matt Damon hijacked the show, the whole late night talk show

I want to see Howard's TV career end in shame when the AGT ratings go down in flames. Of course he will spin it as he thought the 12:30 gig was too good for him. And for AGT, four judges was too many and no one cares about Heidi Klum or Mel B. He will blame everyone else for his 23 million subscribers not following him to NBC.

19. unclefreddy

unclefreddy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I don't know Seth Meyers, but look at it from a network stand point. Seamless transition, or as close as possible. These network types want to put in the least amount of time and money to get a new show started. Seth probably already writes his own material, will allow himself to be led and controlled by the network and most importantly follows the cookie cutter template for Jimmy Fallons show which made enough bank. That's all that counts, no unnecessary risks, definitely no pelican and smooth sailing ahead for all involved.

20. Doberman862

Doberman862 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I also think Howard's problem is he is more comfortable on radio. He is too distracted in front of a camera - he can't help but look at himself - as I think would be a problem for most of us. He is just so OCD and controlling he needs to see "what's doing" on camera. Just think of all his Letterman appearances - his eyes are always darting to the monitor. Its distracting. I can't imagine him doing a monologue every night. He can barely handle his camera time on AGT. He is much more relaxed behind the mic where he can control how he looks for Howard TV.