News Sex Offender Teacher arrested again..

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by chapped, May 6, 2016.

1. chapped

chapped Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — A former Leeds Middle School teacher who spent time in prison for sex crimes against a child was rearrested on Wednesday. Investigators believe Ashley Hurst Casiday violated state sex offender laws.

Lt. Jacob Reach with the Jefferson County Sheriff Office Sex Offender Unit told CBS 42 that they received information that Hurst was working at a location that was within 2,000 feet of a daycare. She was also charged with failing to register her employment.

Laura Bento, publisher of Good Grit Magazine, confirmed that Casiday had worked as her personal assistant since September of 2015. However, she said that Casiday did not work out of their office in downtown Birmingham. She also claims that Casiday has been working as a contractor. “She does not report to this office,” Bento explained. “She’s not a staff member. I have eight or nine that collect paychecks from Good Grit Magazine, but she is not one of them.”

As her personal assistant, Bento said that Casiday’s responsibilities include assisting her with scheduling and organization. She also complimented Casiday’s skills as an English major in assisting her with the magazine. Bento said she would often meet Casiday at coffee shops, or Casiday would work out of her home. “She’s an independent contractor–just like our printer,” said Bento. “We have a printer that’s based out of Kentucky and they are an independent contractor. We write them the same type of check that we would write Ashley. She is not an employee of Good Grit, although she does provide a service to Good Grit.”

Casiday’s name does, however, appear under ‘staff’ in copies of the magazine obtained by CBS 42 where she is listed as Ashley Hurst. When asked why a personal assistant’s name would appear in the magazine, Bento answered, “We govern Good Grits by five core values, and my favorite core value is to own it, fix it, and move on.”

However, police wondered if there was more to the listed name in the magazine. “It’s a concern for us,” said Reach, ” because we don’t know if there was an attempt to deceive. However, if you pull the individual up on a sex offender registry, which we’re required to keep and maintain from the Sheriff’s Office, she’s listed as Ashley Hurst Casiday.”

Bento said she believes it’s possible that Casiday’s arrest was part of a bigger misunderstanding, possibly spawning from her name’s appearance in the magazine. “I don’t know why this has happened,” she said. “The greater part of me loves to assume the best in people, and so if I’m assuming the best, I’m assuming that maybe there was just–maybe it’s a misunderstanding because her name is printed in the magazine, and maybe somebody saw that and thought, oh well she reports to that office and that’s too close to a daycare.”

However, investigators said that the information they gathered confirmed that Casiday was in violation of the sex offender laws. “We educate these offenders,” said Reach. “She should have contacted us and provided us with the address. We have the software system to check the address, and we would have told her that it’s a non-compliant address and she cannot work there. The fact that she did not check the address, did not register the employment–again shows the intent of violating the sex offender act.”

Investigators also expressed concern that Casiday was in violation of the act by attending certain philanthropic events put on by Good Grit. “Certain employment may do certain charity events or work around children, even though that’s not exactly what their employment is,” Reach explained. “So with that said, we want to make sure that they’re not next door to a school. They’re not within 2,000 feet of a daycare. The law is written the way it is to try and keep the community and neighborhoods safe to prevent individuals from continuing to prey upon children.”

Bento claims while Casiday could attend some of the magazine’s events as a contractor, she was never in violation of the sex offender act. Bento also said she was aware of Casiday’s past prior to hiring her. “She told me,” she said. “I think because she is required to–she did tell me of her past. But it didn’t change her capacity to do the job that I was contracting her to do.”

Bento said Casiday is still employed as a contractor, and that she has been in contact with her since she bonded out of jail. The case has been turned over to the Jefferson County District Attorney’s Office.

2. Stew Nod

Stew Nod Hello VIP

Reputations:
    LOPz....can't help herself

3. Stew Nod

Stew Nod Hello VIP

Reputations:
    Oh, just read this...So happy law enforcement is protecting us from this recent horrible crime...Uhhhg, fuckin pikers

Butters Stoch and jaw_belize like this.
  4. chapped

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

Casiday, then a 31-year-old eighth grade teacher, resigned from Leeds Middle School in February 2014 amid allegations that she had inappropriate contact with a 14-year-old student. She was arrested in March and charge with one count of transmitting obscene material to a child. She was jailed, and then released on $100,000 bond.

A St. Clair County grand jury later indicted her on five charges: the one count of transmitting obscene material to a child and four counts of possession of obscene matter. In October 2014, Casiday pleaded guilty to the charge of transmitting obscene material to a child. In exchange for her guilty plea, the other four charges were dismissed.

Casiday, court records show, was sentenced to five years in prison, with six months to serve. She began that sentence in January 2015, and was released in July 2015. Following her dismissal from prison, she was to serve three years on supervised probation and have no contact with the victim.

Because she pleaded guilty to a Class B felony, Casiday must abide by Alabama's Community Notification Sex Offender Law. Under those requirements, she can't live within 2,000 feet of a school or daycare, and she must register her current name, address and employment with the Jefferson County Sheriff's Office.

Christian said the sheriff's office Sex Offender Unit received information about her new employment and obtained warrants on Tuesday. She had listed an address in Pelham has her place of employment.

jaw_belize likes this.
  5. dancearmstrong

dancearmstrong Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Wow 5 years in prison for sending a few nekkid pictures to a kid. She only served 6 months but damn. There are violent criminals who get less time than that.

I wonder what the 4 possesion of obscene material charges were? I'm guessing he sent her pictures back?

jrstinkfish likes this.
  6. Kanye West

Kanye West Yeezus!

Reputations:
    good lord id smash

chapped likes this.
  7. slab0meat

slab0meat negative creep

Reputations:
    You ain't the only one

[​IMG]

chapped likes this.
  8. chapped

Reputations:

she didn't shave

MorningSong13 likes this.
  9. Austinchota

Austinchota Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leeds,_Alabama#Demographics

The racial makeup of the city was 78.7% White, 14.3% Black or African American, 0.4% Native American, 0.6% Asian, 0.1% Pacific Islander, and 2% from two or more races. 6.6% of the population were Hispanic or Latino of any race.

chapped likes this.
  10. Streaks

Streaks Active Member

Reputations:
    She looks a bit crazy...Guilty!!!

11. Muffler

Muffler Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Down in that part of the country birth control info or medical anatomical books could probably be considered obscene.

"Musky but not pooney" Mr X

chapped likes this.