Sexual orientation of guys that wear Jahn Varvatos?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by JoeyG, Nov 2, 2012.

1. JoeyG

JoeyG Active Member

Reputations:
    Is it well known that those who wear John Varvatos are gay? The reason I am asking is that I'm watching an old Law And Order called "Gov Love". It originally aired in 2004. Anyway, the episode is about the NJ governors wife being murdered. Through their investigation, they find out the gov is gay. When the detectives find out he is gay, Dennis Farinas character (he's one of the detectives) says "I should've known - if I'm not mistaken, he was wearing a John Varvatos sweater..........". He says it at about the 24:00 mark. Is this a well known thing?

Edit: Just so you know, I normally wouldn't assume that anyone that wears a certain designers clothes means he's gay, or otherwise. But the way Farina said it on the show just made me wonder if it's common knowledge or just some kind of New York thing.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2012
  2. h89fvh8dfha8hfv9a0

h89fvh8dfha8hfv9a0 Xavier's water boy Banned User

Reputations:
  3. Butcher

Butcher ?

Reputations:
    VERY gay

[​IMG]

4. BethsZygote

BethsZygote In Utero VIP

Reputations:
    if you can visually pick out a john varvatos outfit you might be a redneck.... wait i mean fag.

5. Goo For You

Goo For You New Member

Reputations:
    That would be such a weird thing to put in a script without evidence to back it up. However, I have personally never heard of this association, and a quick search revealed basically nothing; the only even remotely relevant article was the guy himself talking about AIDS:

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2004-11-04/features/0411040153_1_clinic-fashion-show-saks-fifth

I associate the brand with the other big names of fashion with no special connotation (except that people who wear them have a decent taste;)).

I think Ralph has really stepped up his game recently. The next thing would be to wean his client off those baggy cargo pants...

Last edited: Nov 2, 2012
  6. skytzoboy

skytzoboy not a fuck to give

Reputations:
    He's had Wiggy wearing "skinny" jeans for awhile now.....another fashion trend which tends to raise questions about the sexuality of those who wear them.

7. Goo For You

Goo For You New Member

Reputations:
    ^ Fashion-wise, I think this has been the way to go for a long time. Looks awful if you're flabby, though.:D

8. crazypreacher

crazypreacher Hey yo

Reputations:
    Retarded jerry only.

9. Goo For You

Goo For You New Member

Reputations:
    In fashion, btw, gay has long been the new straight, I think. Makes me wonder if we'll eventually see Wiggy in a more avant-garde garb, like Rick Owens (my personal favorite);)

10. schnauzer

schnauzer Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I can tell you exactly what Varvatos wearers are like -- middle-aged Arabs. If you visit the menswear in Barneys, while blindfolded :)sgay:), the Varvatos section is easy to find. Just follow the stink of VERY strong cologne, sacrificial goat & Russian cunt juice.

11. Goo For You

Goo For You New Member

Reputations:
    lol

12. skytzoboy

Reputations:
    I hope you're a chick. :hhh: Even guys that are skinny enough for skinny jeans look like flaming douchebags wearing them.

13. Goo For You

Goo For You New Member

Reputations:
    ^ Fashion is really quite simple: Wear what good-looking and fashionable people wear, unless you have a good reason to do otherwise (e.g. you're into a certain genre). If you don't, the odds are that you'll choose clothes that people will generally think look like shit; and at that point, you might as well do what Artie does: wear sweat pants when you go out, and boost your self-esteem by calling everyone else a fag.:D

14. skytzoboy

Reputations:
    Ok....fag. :jj: