SFRT Email

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by JohnnyGuapo, Jan 19, 2012.

1. JohnnyGuapo

JohnnyGuapo Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Anyone know who answers the emails I send to the link on Mutts SFRT thread? I emailed and asked why Mutt is against SOPA, but censors hisown site. I got an email back explaining what SOPA was. I replied back, no assholes, how can Mutt have it both ways. Never received a reply back from that one.

2. FtM

FtM Starless & Bible Black Gold

Reputations:
    Just call into the show...Bye You! and Elias both got through last week.

3. telecaster

telecaster Get Yer Ya Ya's Out

Reputations:
    I didn't know that posters were getting through..I missed that last week. Then again I never listen to SFRT. Did anyone get a chance to say anything worthwhile to Mutt?

4. FtM

Reputations:
    Yes...Elias was a bit suspicious about the relaunch of SFN, but Mutt had a very Sabien-esque attitude about it. Elias wasn't trying to be challenging or anything, It was a very straight-forward matter-of-fact call, but that's Elias's attitude, he's a nice guy.

Bye You! talked about Robin's weight hypocrisy and she was very concise and on-point. She even pointed out how Robin became mad at Howard in the past because he didn't confront her about being enormous.

I normally don't listen either, but as long as Saloon members keep calling in, I'll listen.

5. JohnnyGuapo

Reputations:
    I highly doubt they will take any callers. If Elias is around and can answer.... Did you set the call up in advance with Mutt? Much like Hamptons, I dont see Mutt taking just any old caller, that's a recipe for disaster.

6. FlaFlaFlunkie

FlaFlaFlunkie Fabulous!

Reputations:
    If a site owner prevents/stops others from file sharing, they're not being a censor -- at least not one who attempts to violate your free speech.

If a site owner prevents/stops others from posting copywrited content, they're not being a censor.

Not all actions are free, bro.

7. FtM

Reputations:
    No they did not....at least that was the impression that I had.

8. JohnnyGuapo

Reputations:
    Guess I'll have to use an ass kisser name like baba baloney, he won't pick up JohnnyGuapo I'm sure of that.

9. JohnnyGuapo

Reputations:

So "Beth is a Horse" is copyrighted I'm guessing?

10. whatsit

whatsit Dawg Lover VIP

Reputations:
    well.. can't blame him for that :D

11. JohnnyGuapo

Reputations:
  12. FtM

Reputations:
    Just use a fake name like Dennis from Philly, or Sam from Pensacola and pick a generic topic you can talk about, go into the topic a bit, then talk about what you reaaly want to talk about. Not """"Johnny Guapo from the Gulag at Churchill Downs" wants to talk about Howard's ex-wife"".

13. FlaFlaFlunkie

FlaFlaFlunkie Fabulous!

Reputations:
    Parody is free speech, especially when the subject of the parody enjoys celebrity status.

Fair use allows for the transformation (into an entirely new entity) of copywrited materials, but that's not to what I was referring in my post.

Posting the original photographs, if they belong to another entity, and without permission (or at the very least, attribution [meaning, you give credit to the owner of the material{s}]) is not okay.

Keep it simple. If it's not yours, SAY/WRITE where you got it and don't post the materials in their entirety. Post an excerpt and link to the source site.

Just like in school. Avoid plagiarism.

Plagiarism and "lifting and republishing without attribution" are theft. Intellectual property theft.

Ya dig?