Sharknado 2 begging public for money to finish film

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Willowglen, Apr 21, 2014.

1. Willowglen

Willowglen Lookin thru the glass ceiling & up Stephs skirt VIP

Reputations:
    They are on Indidgogo trying to raise money to finish it. They claim its for a "bonus scene" but it seems strange that a 250K movie needs 50K for one more scene.

$15 gets you a shout out on social media on premiere night (a twitter post with a massive list of names)
    $25 A DVD of behind the scenes on set photos (Ozzys skank daughter in front of a blue scree)
    $35 for an advance DVD of the movie (after its in Sci Fi of course)
    $45 They will "name" a shark after you and show everyone where it appears in the film (it will go great with the stars in the sky everyone paid to have named after them)
    $50 A copy of the script (all 10 pages)
    $65 a poster and copy of the script (that makes 11 pages)
    $75 gets you a tshirt identifying you as a backer (Wear it once and after you wash it your toy poodle can wear it.)
    $120 They will record yopur scream and use it in the movie. As background noise in a crowd scene)
    $175 A tshirt DVD and script (great for a camping trip. three different things to wipe your ass with in the woods and throw away)
    $1200 Your name in the credits (Cause its something you will want to be proud of considering your not actually in the movie)
    $5000 Walk on role either a heroic scene or a death scene and in the credits (I'm confused I thought this whole thing was for "one bonus scene")
    $10000 All of the above plus a thank you in the credits and a VIP trip to the red carpet premiere and cast party
    $25000 All of the above and an exec producer credit (The Ostrowsky special it would be the least amount ever it cost Howard to get her an IMDB credit)

So basically all of Wiggys promotion didn't help them and they didn't get it out in time to capitalize on the first one so they cant even raise the money to finish it.

2. chapped

chapped Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  3. datchguy

datchguy New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Hahaha oh wow.

4. cia212

cia212 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    For a role any hot wannabe starlet would get DP'd for? That's a deal.

5. EmperorsNewCaps

EmperorsNewCaps Member

Reputations:
    This is the main reason I find it short-sighted when aging commentators deride the "entitlement of this generation" or those selfish youth. Um. A bunch of 50 year olds & grandpas+ like Adam Carolla, Neil Young & TV execs like this are panhandlers. Entitlement has permeated all ages & income rates of society.

I'm waiting for Bill Gates & Oprah to start begging for money. But it's the A group of lovely people with EBT that are the real problem, right?

Last edited: Apr 22, 2014
  6. JameGumb

JameGumb We're all out of toner!

Reputations:
    My current life savings is in the 48000 range. Would that get me all of the above, and an hour with Kira Reid? Yes I would still bone that pepperoni titted mess.

7. Chimney Portions

Chimney Portions I drink cum Banned User

Reputations:
    Wow, that's a stretch. As pitiful as it is, there's a huge difference between asking people to voluntarily help fund a project (with the promise of getting something in return) and demanding that taxpayers feed you and provide a roof over your head.

If people are dumb enough to hand over their hard-earned cash to millionaires who don't feel like risking/spending their own, that's on them. Nobody is forcing them.

8. HooHoo

HooHoo Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The "bonus scene" they're talking about is called Sharknado 2.

You knew this thing was a POS made for VHS production when even Hasselhoff passes on it and they're scraping the bottom of the fucking barrel trying to get free plugs on a cable "radio show" by hiring one of its flunkies for a 5 second shot.

Absolutely hilarious that Wiggy thought he was solely responsible for the 15 seconds of internet buzz the first movie achieved, when in reality by the time he came back from a vacation and caught wind of it, it was already old news.

9. BarberFloyd

BarberFloyd God Bless DuPont Chemicals Banned User

Reputations:
    What this current generation of media doesn't understand is: what makes us laugh now may not make us laugh five minutes later.

When my instagram, myspace, twitter, ect is being constantly updated every second with new buzz words, memes, movies, celebrity meltdowns, ect, what may have been interesting three minutes ago could be completely forgotten about within two seconds because Miley Cyrus decided to go to rehab the same day Sharknado 3 was announced. Which might also happen on the same day Russian troops cross over into Ukraine and Miley's career could be over by just one news update. By this time all media hype for Sharknado 3 has dissapeared and the executives are scrambling to regain from the losses.

Fifteen minutes of fame is currently more akin to five seconds of fame, the average amount of time a post is looked at before my finger swipes down newer, funnier, and crazier media all on my cell phone.

10. JameGumb

JameGumb We're all out of toner!

Reputations:
    Sharknado was only famous because it showcased Kira Reid hitting rock bottom. It also had the.fat cousin from The Brady Bunch in it.
    :coffee:

11. BarberFloyd

BarberFloyd God Bless DuPont Chemicals Banned User

Reputations:
    she has a face like a Mac Truck, not sure how she ever got above rock bottom

P.s. if BBC America didn't play the Hannibal trilogy 24/7 I wouldn't have gotten your brilliant name reference +reps

12. Bungzilla

Bungzilla Active Member

Reputations:
    :bully:

13. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    people choose to donate to this piece of shit. The government steals my money and hands it to the ebt culture. See the difference? no? How about the fact that we give tattoos, booze and cash to the ebt crowd with Near zero oversight while not only being absolutely broke, but in so much debt that our government officials refuse to even acknowledge the severity. See the difference now?

14. booybob

booybob Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Yes it is.
    The celebrities are not demanding that the TAXPAYERS continue to give them freebies they are looking for SUCKERS to donate. You do know the difference, right??

15. scoobyla

scoobyla Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    A thread about billionaires and millionaires begging poor people for money, turns into a thread trashing welfare. :facepalm: Yeah I see the difference, because one has nothing to with the other.

16. Joe Bauers

Joe Bauers Well-Known Member

Reputations:

Tara, she let you bone her, unless you know her name.

17. Rob0729

Rob0729 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    So does this mean Howard is going to have to shell out $2500 to get Beth an Executive Producer credit for her IMDB profile. Or maybe he will get it for himself so he can brag about yet another project that he produced that got picked up by a network.

18. Willowglen

Willowglen Lookin thru the glass ceiling & up Stephs skirt VIP

Reputations:
    And for the record Kira Reed was a hot piece of ass that used to do cinemax movies.I don't think she would do this POS.

19. PelicanWig

PelicanWig Beautiful Soup

Reputations:
    It was already in the New York Post and the Daily News before he came back from his 44th vacation of the year. The articles both talked about how the movie was a twitter phenomenon. Wiggy is delusional and cannot come to terms with the fact that he has no "juice" anymore.

20. R.P. McMurphy

R.P. McMurphy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    ...sharknado wasnt funny the first time around.