News Shock Jock No More: Artie Lange & ‘Stuttering’ John Melendez Let Loose On Howard Stern’s New Image

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by codeine, Sep 16, 2015.

1. codeine

codeine Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    http://radaronline.com/celebrity-ne...-melendez-howard-stern-political-correctness/

[​IMG]

Two of Howard Stern‘s key ex-show members, Artie Langeand “Stuttering” John Melendez, expressed their shock over the radio icon’s transition from bad boy shock jock to mainstream TV star in an unprecedented chat Tuesday, and RadarOnline.com has all the details for you.

Politically Correct
    The trigger for the line of discussion was a recent NY Postarticle detailing the huge shifts Stern’s made in his career. In the story, insiders said that Stern’s radio show, once notorious for FCC fines over comedy related to race, sex and other bodily functions, has been tamed by an Sirius executive named Marci Turk in an effort to sanitize his image and make him family-friendly. “I think he’s reinvented himself to be the nice guy, the guy that didn’t want to put people down,” said Melendez, who left the show in 2004 to work as Jay Leno‘s announcer on The Tonight Show.

‘She Clearly Never Saw Those Transcripts!’
    Another hotpoint was Stern’s mended fences with the celebrities he used to rip on, such as Ellen DeGeneres,Kathie Lee Gifford and Rosie O’Donnell. Lange recalled how he and Stern “used to bash” DeGeneres relentlessly, adding, she “clearly never saw those transcripts — I mean, vicious!” Referring to Stern’s longtime 1990s punching bag Kathie Lee — who the Private Parts star has since apologized to — Melendez joked, “I was shocked he didn’t do the eulogy at Frank Gifford‘s frickin’ funeral!”

Gone Hollywood
    Both Lange and Melendez seemed shocked at the bonds Stern’s formed being in Hollywood’s inner circle, as evidenced by his recent attendance at Jennifer Aniston‘s wedding toJustin Theroux this past summer. Stern’s “like best friends with” Theroux, Lange said, describing Aniston’s new husband as the “f**king pathetic pretty boy a** wipe who Jennifer Aniston just married,” and “the type of actor you would like to punch in the face.” Lange called Theroux the type of guy, who, “in the old days we would bash for hours and have fun doing it.” He added, “I wouldn’t be able to bite my tongue with that, I don’t know how I could say I like that guy … that was not the show we were on, it’s a different world.” Lange, who left the show in 2009 amid a drug crisis, seemed equally dismayed at Stern’s budding friendship with Orlando Bloom: “He has a bromance with Orlando Bloom … how do I keep a straight face? Can you imagine not goofing on Orlando Bloom? I wouldn’t want to be on that show.”

Double Standard?
    Melendez, who has a stutter, was often ridiculed for his stutter by Stern, and with soundbites and impressions from Stern writer Fred Norris. Both Melendez and Lange said they were shocked over Stern’s super-sensitive reaction to Drew Lynch, a stuttering comedian who appeared on a recent America’s Got Talent this season. “Howard almost started crying! For 15 years, every time John opened his mouth” he was taunted relentlessly, Lange said. “For Howard to do that with a straight face, he should at least come clean and say, ‘I know it seems weird … it’s such a 400-pound pink elephant in the room that you’re not acknowledging the fact that, ‘I used to torture a stutterer!'” Melendez added that everyone he knew was “astonished” over Stern’s gooey reaction to Lynch.

Watch the video on RadarOnline.com

No Longer Welcome?
    Melendez and Lange, citing the NY Post report, cited the longtime absence of longtime Stern guest Gilbert Gottfried, whose shocking comedy has caused discomfort with corporate sponsors over the years, most famously his 2011Aflac firing over insensitive tweets linked to the tsunami in Japan. Said Lange, “Gilbert was a little bit hurt by it and he called [producer Gary Dell’Abate,] who told him, ‘We don’t have comedians on anymore.’ Meanwhile they do.” Lange went on to say that he found it “odd.” Melendez said of the situation: “I think they’re afraid, I don’t think Howard wants to pi** anyone off anymore.”

Whitewashing
    Melendez said he’s heard rumblings that Stern has had his archives edited to remove any offensive content. “I’ve heard — and I don’t know if this is true — at least from other bloggers and stuff … that they have gone back and re-edited all the shows … and took out some of the things that would be considered politically incorrect or whatever — that’s what I heard.” Lange said he didn’t think so, as many of the replays have a lot of the “crazy stuff” included.

Artie Lange’s Uncensored Podcast is available atartiequitter.com.

2. wigtropolis

wigtropolis Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Oh

Mr Sinister and codeine like this.
  3. MarvelComics85

MarvelComics85 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Alot of cocksucking Stern fans there:

DrPozer Tyrannosaurus Thunder3 hours ago
    Stern and the show has evolved. I still listen everyday and I am just as entertained as I was when I first listened. I have no respect for anything John Melendez has to say, he showed his loyalty and his opinion shouldn't even be considered. Artie is a very talented comedian and he has a style, one that was very entertaining for the show the he was on and with what he continues to do. Now that the show has changed I get it, he couldn't be on it and I am not surprised that he wouldn't want to be on it.

With Howard's contract coming up he is looking for something that is interesting to HIM. Can you blame the guy for wanting to change? Who has been at the same job for over 30 years and not want something else. He has mentioned a couple of dream opportunities in television that are open for him to take. I support anything he does because I find him endlessly entertaining. I feel that he has been so loyal to me that I owe him the same in return!

CTan hour ago
    Couldn't care less about any of these no talent losers including their old (OLD!) boss.

legallady2 hours ago
    that's what happens when you become bitter betty number one and bitter betty number two, and Artie Lang really needs to shut his coked-up pie hole. that man was given chance after chance and he f'd it up over and and over again.

Sam Cove2 hours ago
    YEAH WILL LITTLE HOWIE IS ALMOST A BILLIONAIRE AND THESE TWO CANT AFFORD LUNCH AT PINK'S

JohnnyComeLately4 hours ago
    Some people change, some people actually grow up and change, some grow, grow up and change...then you have these two.

MeonlyMe3 hours ago
    He is the king of all media.

4. Caffeinated

Caffeinated Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Quite a pleasurable read.

5. Bianca's Dead Carcass

Bianca's Dead Carcass Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Thanks for posting…Hopefully, a lot more turn on the old, phony queen...

smichal, monsoon, Guacamole and 12 others like this.
  6. DogStar69

DogStar69 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I bet Howard doesn't curse on the air anymore and hasn't said Fuck since Marcy Turk began.

Dlist and ScottBaiosPenis like this.
  7. wigtropolis

wigtropolis Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Money can't buy you cawk
    Only Ralph can

Dlist and Mr Sinister like this.
  8. JonnySoul

JonnySoul Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Howard should go back to his classroom and read this to the kids

9. newcastlefan

newcastlefan גֵּרְשֹׁם VIP

Reputations:

generally when a creature loses the ability to grow, and loses the ability to create it is not called "evolution" but decadence and devolution.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2015
  10. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    Artie's not so bad after all. Finally grew a pair.

11. tv910

tv910 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    That's great! Now that we know Howard is so sensitive about Marci Turk he censors her name, I love it when she gets mentioned. You can tell no one in the media fears Howard any more, hopefully this is just the beginning of many more embarrassing revelations.

Fatass, Barry Soetoro, Dlist and 20 others like this.
  12. NyMarkNy

NyMarkNy VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    absolutely amazing.

Fuck stern

13. ScottBaiosPenis

ScottBaiosPenis Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    someone must have told him wig ain't reupping so he doesn't have to hold out hope for an interview/plug

14. Bye You!

Bye You! The n word guy Gold

Reputations:
    Who are these people?

15. Bye You!

Reputations:
    There's a thread on this already. With audio.

16. HorsetoothBeth

HorsetoothBeth Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    And none of those cocksuckers listened before 2010. Guaranteed.

17. Bye You!

Reputations:
    Absolutely. If they're not living in India, that is.

18. todd packer

todd packer Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

19. HorsetoothBeth

HorsetoothBeth Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Why did I even read those comments? They just drive me up the fucking wall. Just like opening Beth threads....WHY DO I DO IT?

:facepalm: :suicide:

smichal, monsoon, Dlist and 10 others like this.
  20. Getthepoisonout

Getthepoisonout I regret my username

Reputations:
    Everyone is dishing the dirt except Winst.