Amazon Prime

Should Blaek StateTroopers be able to incorporate Ebonics into their report writing?

Discussion in 'The Bar' started by 2Manboobs, Dec 15, 2012.

1. 2Manboobs

2Manboobs New Member Shot Dead

Reputations:
    Or are law enforcement agencies justified in forbidding such communique?

[​IMG]

Former state trooper claims falsely fired for his report-writing skills

HARRISBURG — A Sewickley man has filed a federal lawsuit against the state police for firing him as a trooper three years ago over his report-writing skills.

William C. Peake, 29, who is a Boon, claims in a lawsuit filed Tuesday in federal court in Pittsburgh that he was targeted because of his race and falsely accused of using Ebonics in his incident reports.

According to the Center for Applied Linguistics, Ebonics is a term applied to dialects used by African Americans. It has become a controversial term because many use it to refer to slang and poor English.

Peake, who successfully completed police cadet training May 4, 2009, said in his lawsuit that he was one of only four black graduates of the State Police Training Academy, out of 75 graduates at the time, and the only one assigned to western Pennsylvania.

Peake then began an 18-month probationary tour of duty and was assigned to the Uniontown barracks, according to court documents. Peake said in his lawsuit that he was informed at various times that his report writing was deficient, even though he was awarded two certificates in report-writing training and was told by trainers his communication skills were satisfactory.

In the last few months of his employment, Peake was taken off the road and assigned almost exclusively to desk duty and then terminated Nov. 3, 2010. His termination notice cited “lack of solid job knowledge and basic skills,” according to the lawsuit.

Peake claims in his lawsuit that he was judged more harshly than other troopers because of his race. He is seeking reinstatement and back wages and benefits he would have received if not fired.....

http://www.timesonline.com/news/pol...cle_5aaa63c5-5bf2-516e-b43b-37922002d335.html

2. Sponsor

Sponsor

Reputations:

Shop Now At eBay
  3. crazypreacher

crazypreacher VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Lemme axe up a ketchin.

4. HeinousMark

HeinousMark Creepy-Ass Cracka VIP

Reputations:
    Forma state trooper fronts falsely fired fo' his bangin report-writin game

By Patrick O’Shea po’shea@timesonline.

Put ya muthafuckin choppers up if ya feelin dis shiznit!com Timesonline. Put ya muthafuckin choppers up if ya feelin dis shiznit!com | 19 comments

HARRISBURG - A Sewickley playa has filed a gangbangin' federal lawsuit against tha state five-o fo' firin his ass as a trooper three muthafuckin years ago over his bangin report-writin game.

Lil' Willy C. Peake, 29, whoz ass is black, fronts up in a lawsuit filed Tuesdizzle up in federal court up in Pizzlesburgh dat he was targeted cuz of his bangin race n' falsely accused of rockin Ebonics up in his crazy-ass muthafuckin incident reports.

Accordin ta tha Center fo' Applied Linguistics, Ebonics be a term applied ta dialects used by Afro Americans. It has become a cold-ass lil controversial term cuz nuff bust it ta refer ta slang n' skanky English.
    Peake, whoz ass successfully completed five-o cadet trainin May 4, 2009, holla'd up in his fuckin lawsuit dat he was one of only four black graduatez of tha State Popo Trainin Academy, outta 75 graduates all up in tha time, n' tha only one assigned ta westsideern Pennsylvania.
    Peake then fuckin started a 18-month probationary tour of duty n' was assigned ta tha Uniontown barracks, accordin ta court documents. Peake holla'd up in his fuckin lawsuit dat he was informed at various times dat his bangin report freestylin was deficient, even though he was awarded two certificates up in report-writin trainin n' was busted some lyrics ta by trainers his communication game was satisfactory.
    In tha last few monthz of his wild lil' fuckin employment, Peake was taken off tha road n' assigned almost exclusively ta desk duty n' then terminizzled Nov. 3, 2010 yo. His termination notice cited “lack of solid thang knowledge n' basic game,” accordin ta tha lawsuit.
    Peake fronts up in his fuckin lawsuit dat he was judged mo' harshly than other troopers cuz of his bangin race yo. Dude is seekin reinstatement n' back wages n' benefits he would have received if not fired.
    A state five-o spokesman up in Harrisburg holla'd Wednesdizzle he could not comment on tha lawsuit cuz his thugged-out agency’s policy prohibits any hood comments on pendin litigation.

5. crazypreacher

crazypreacher VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Laughing like a teenage biatch kver here.

6. 2Manboobs

2Manboobs New Member Shot Dead

Reputations:

I'll have to get one of my negro employees to help me with some of these words.... My Ebonics is only proficient up until about 1993

Last edited: Dec 15, 2012
  7. Lemmy

Lemmy Douchebag Extraordinaire Staff Member

Reputations:
    This looks like a good portion of police reports I run across as well.

8. DogStar69

DogStar69 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Yo ah arrested da suspect afta he ran uh red light an' ah found out dat he wuz rollin' fucked-up and git Sheniquah's ass back ova' heeah.

9. HeinousMark

Reputations:
    I understand completely; I'm still trying to comprehend "word-up", "yo", "boyeeeeee" etc. Thanks to Sickfeeling, we now have this tool to help us: http://gizoogle.net/

10. PI Nate

PI Nate Disenfranchised since 1984... VIP

Reputations:
    "yo cracka, sign this muthfuckin' ticket or I be bustin a cap in yo ass!"

11. HeinousMark

Reputations:
    "Yo Honum, de purpletradah were clockin' eighty-fo' off up in de Skoo zone..."

12. FlaFlaFlunkie

FlaFlaFlunkie Fabulous!

Reputations:
    Wasn't there already a thread about this? :scratch:

13. sarnie

sarnie a.k.a. sarine Gold

Reputations:
    :chimp:

14. Stevie

Stevie My number's 7097556EL3 Gold

Reputations:
    I didnt know Clutch wazz a cop...

15. gwartney

gwartney Naturally Autodidactic Gold

Reputations:
    There is a black lady at the local TV station here that is being groomed for big things. She already anchors the the weekend news and reports on the big stories. She is really pretty but it drives me crazy that she pronounces words that end in "ed" with a "t" sound. Like if a man is wanted, she says "wantet." She's a good reporter but annunciation should be one of the first rules of broadcasting. It makes me think she is getting a pass because she is black.