Should Howard Stern Be Sued?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Judy Garland, May 23, 2013.

1. Judy Garland

Judy Garland New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Hi Everyone,

Do you recall...

...when Howard first moved to satellite radio and indicated that his channels would be filled with content that matched his sensibilities? Do you recall his website listing shows like "Crack Whore View" and "Lesbian Dial A Date?" Do you now recall that he produced only a handful of these shows before cancelling them, presumably pocketed the production budget and then proceeded to air endless repeats of his stale show?

Do you recall...

...when Howard visited the Late Show With David Letterman and in reply to a criticism from the host that he was taking Fridays off, he said, "...we're only taking some Friday's off" but then proceeded to TAKE EVERY SINGLE FRIDAY OFF FROM THAT POINT ON (WITHOUT EXCEPTION)?

Do you recall...

...when SIRI was trading near ten dollars a share but then dropped to pennies before "rebounding" to about two dollars and change?

Do you think that Howard Stern should be sued for making misrepresentations about the product he would be producing on Sirius satellite radio? Do you think that SIRI shareholders should demand, at the very least, his immediate firing for bringing an expensive lawsuit against Sirius, a company that overpaid him enormously?

All opinions are welcome but I'm especially interested in the thoughts of any attorneys here who may be able to indicate whether any legal action can be taken against Stern for his poor performance on satellite radio.

-----

P.S. Yes, this is The Judy. The one banned repeatedly by the Howard Stern Bulletin Board for posting a black and white picture of a horse's face and then labeling it as Beth Ostrosky's photo negatives. I'm glad so many others have come to think of Howchie as the Shylock that he has always been. Long live Dawg's Saloon!

2. Lola

Lola little-known member

Reputations:
    Welcome to Dawgs! :cheer:

3. redwolf

redwolf Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    well now that you put it that way..... Yes!!! please file a lawsuit on behalf of his ex-fans, I wouldn't mind getting my money back that I paid for I think 6 years of service, what a fool was I.

4. Judy Garland

Reputations:
    Many thanks to you and the person who just gave me a million bad rep points for "continuing the schtick" on this board. How dare they insult The Judy?!

P.S. Thanks to the mod for cleansing the hater!

Last edited: May 23, 2013
  5. Judy Garland

Reputations:
    We're owed money as both subscribers and shareholders. I'm surprised that Stern hasn't faced a legal complaint about this already.

6. Vashier

Vashier VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    If he said he would produce those shows, and he did at least 1 of each style, how has he not delivered on what he said he would do? I agree that he hasn't put forth the effort he should have, but none of those that went to sirius for big money did. Not oprah, not eminem, none of them did what was promised. Sounds like the suit should be leveled on Sirius for breach of contract.

7. Judy Garland

Reputations:
    I don't believe one can promise a subscription based service (that implies ongoing content will be delivered on a regular basis) and then cancel that content almost immediately after producing it and then claim that he delivered.

At the very least, those of us with shares in this stinker should get Big Bird fired. Taking him off the books would be a good start at getting the share price up.

8. Jim Lahey

Jim Lahey Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    FWIW I agree with the OP. I have no idea if this is some sort of mult or any of that, but put me on record as a lead plantiff in a class action suit.

9. PopeNambla

PopeNambla New Member

Reputations:
    Im not a lawyer, nor do I have extensive knowledge on this area of law, I have a minor in Business law, which isnt much.

But from what I know, Sirius really doesnt have a case on any of those points unless they were explicitly outlined in his contract. If they could prove he is intentionally tanking his show, they might have a case there, but would be really hard to prove, too many factors to account for, would be very hard to pinpoint the show's demise as Howards intention.

If they really wanted to be shrewd and go after wiggy-wiggerton, I think they might have a case against him for all his back door deals(not the ones with Ralph and buttsex though). If Sirius can prove wigs has taken money to promote stuff on his show, ie. all his stupid CrApple plugs, they might be able to sue him for lost revenues. Advertisement on Sirius is their business, not the wigged closeted one's. Thats like a city bus driver telling passengers, "Dont worry about the $3.00 fare, just pay me $1.50", that's stealing from his employer.

I would love to see him get sued for that, poetic justice. We all know thats why he was tapped to do AGT, for all the free advertisment they would get on his show, also the reason he wont be there for a 3rd season, as he no longer goes on for hours about how great it is because his real fans stood up and said enough.

Him getting sued would be hilarious, but then again who really cares, it would be another Super rich guy Vs. Really super Rich guy in court, the real losers are the tax payers that have to pay for Judges/courts to hear these rich people problems. Did you know as of 2006 Exxon still hadnt paid a red cent in damages for the Valdez spill?? While tax payers have already absorbed the cost of the trial and were still absorbing the costs of the lengthy appeal process that was on going in 2006 (dont feel like looking into it now to see if anything new has happened there, but I doubt it)

10. Judy Garland

Reputations:
    No way, I'm the lead. That means I'll get a check for $5 while the lawyers pocket $50,000,000 plus dinner on me.

11. Judy Garland

Reputations:
    ...but what about complaints from subscribers and shareholders? I couldn't give a damn about Sirius management and their complaints.

12. Vashier

Vashier VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    But he did not leave the stations with dead air, so even though he did not continue those shows as serialized, he was putting out products on both stations. I just don't see where the suit is. If he left the stations offline any portion of the day, sure. But they are never dark so he is producing. Just because one doesn't like the product you're not going to be able to sue over it this far along into the second contract.

13. Judy Garland

Reputations:
    I'm not arguing you with, Vashier. I just think it's bullshit that when I subscribed, I did so on the basis of "Lesbian Dial A Date" and "Crack Whore View" etc. I really did not want endless repeats of the HSRS on the channels. Once I subscribed, however, I found out that this fucker was going to take every Friday off and not too long after that, those interesting (and highly stylized and produced) shows were nowhere to be found.

I, and many others, were completely cheated by this guy. Have we no recourse? I'm pretty sure HBO would be sued if they promised "entertaining original programming like Game of Thrones" and then replaced it with Three's Company re-runs after signing up a few million subscribers.

14. tHISisKiSSeL

tHISisKiSSeL ♡❂❁❀♡ Gold

Reputations:
    you're welcome. people who don't know any better will rep you. you'll probably earn more negs when the schtickcoma becomes more apparent here.

15. Mlaw

Mlaw Quite Contrarian Gold

Reputations:
    lol--you could cancel at any time --but good luck

16. PopeNambla

PopeNambla New Member

Reputations:
    Well their shareholders are the ones that would profit from the added advertisement revenue, as it would most likely boost company/stock value. At the annual shareholders meeting they could raise their concerns to have them heard by management, then if management doesnt react appropriately in the view of the majority of shareholders they(management) could be sued or removed.

You have to remember that Howards responsibility is to Sirius, not to his fans (for contract purposes at least). We do not hold his contract, we have no agreement with him, we have an agreement with sirius. So our gripes will have to go to Sirius, and if successful Sirius might have a case against Howard. It would depend on what they were sued for and what the ruling was, if it could be tied to his poor performance then Sirius could possibly have a case to sue him to recoup their damages

Subscribers have no say what so ever a side from cancelling their subscriptions, no one is pointing a gun to your head and making you subscribe. Thats the beauty of a free market, you dont like something you dont buy it, what economists call "Dollar votes". If you have a lifetime subscription, the argument will be that the stern show is only 2 channels out of idk 100's? and you should not have expect his show to last your lifetime, buyer beware.

17. Judy Garland

Reputations:
    You should forfeit the right to use a Jerky Boys reference as your name. Be gone, hater!

18. Judy Garland

Reputations:
    I cancelled long ago. I do want my money back for the crappy equipment and several years of subscriptions that were based entirely on misrepresentations made by Shylock Stern.

19. VAsiCkBoy

VAsiCkBoy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  20. crazycreep

crazycreep Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Not to mention reimbursement for expensive equipment purchases based on what he promised everyone including minimal commercials. Ethically promising us the world and ultimately saying he will piss on us.