Show MP3's still sound like shit

Discussion in 'The Artie Lange Show' started by Ipokesmot, Nov 21, 2013.

1. Ipokesmot

Ipokesmot Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Listening now to 11/14, been months since I listened... and the mp3's still sound like shit. Levels are way too low and sounds like it was recorded on a Radio Shack mic through Saran Wrap. So.. who did Dan blow to get this job? :jj: :facepalm:

2. EmperorsNewCaps

EmperorsNewCaps Member

Reputations:
    Honestly I never downloaded the show because the audio is so bad, if I don't catch it live I just miss it.

I thought Artie fired someone for posting the wrong hours, why can't we bitch enough and get a decent sounding recording?
    I bet he has no idea. Dan does it? I bet he's supposed to like, plug a cable into a slot labeled "soundboard" but he's plugging it into his laptop with the online player's stream running.

It literally sounds like they just record the online stream from www.artielangeshow.com
    This is why I prefer the stream from www.theboneonline.com , it sounds like actual radio.

Something's wrong, man, always been wrong, no fuckin' way any radio show "podcast" should sound like that, MOST off-airwaves podcasts don't sound like that. I've heard 16kbps stern clips that don't sound like that.

3. Ipokesmot

Ipokesmot Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    I don't know if Dan does it or not, but as producer it's his responsibility to make sure it's good. Listening back to the old N&A show, it's hilarious that Dan couldn't even fade in/out one clip to another without fucking it up. :jj: I'm sure he's a nice guy and all, but jesus.......

Artie: "What happened Dan?"
    Dan: "I DUNNO!!! EHHHHHH!!"

4. EmperorsNewCaps

EmperorsNewCaps Member

Reputations:
    I really feel like if his fans bitched enough via Twitter or otherwise, Artie would definitely do something about it, but something tells me Artie's fanbase ain't exactly audiophiles.

The fact that it's pretty much just you and I complaining confirms this. But god, I would love if the show sounded great, or if there was an RSS feed for the full show versus only the hourlies.