Shuli: "One chance would be awesome."

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Chimney Portions, Jun 1, 2012.

1. Chimney Portions

Chimney Portions I drink cum Banned User

Reputations:
    I'm listening to this morning's Jay Thomas Show. At one point, Jay talks about how he was given every opportunity in showbiz. After he finished his story and repeats that he had been given every chance, he then tells Shuli that maybe one day he'll be given the same. Shuli interrupted saying, "One would be awesome. One chance would be awesome."

So now Shuli is blaming his failure on the lack of opportunities he was given, even though he was given each one of these:

A chance to Win Stuttering John's Job
    Howard100 News
    Miserable Men
    Jay Thomas
    Carte blanche to sit in on the WUS
    Studio time on THSS
    Exposure via The Killers of Comedy Tour, Ronnie's Block Party and the failed, "Israeli Funny: Call of Shuli" DVD.

And this is after "15 years of doing stand up."

Shuli, who isn't funny and has no actual talent, is now insinuating that he's yet to have a lucky break. I don't know why that pisses me off so much, but it does.

2. AuntDolly

AuntDolly Musculature Gold

Reputations:
    Agreed!

How many CALLERS over the years (who didn't win the Win John's Job Contest) have been given the opportunity to work on THSS?

3. R.P. McMurphy

R.P. McMurphy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    ...15 years of standup? he must be counting those playground days from the 8th grade. all he does is complain.

4. gridlockd

gridlockd Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Seriously. He couldn't be on more shows. His fuckin news briefs run every time i turn the radio on. He's gotten more opprutunity than someone like him deserves. Anyone worth their salt could have parlayed being on the Stern show into something lucrative by now. Look at Stuttering John. Hell, even Sal and Richard have gotten bit parts in shitty movies.

Ronnie drives limos for a living and gets offered sitcoms and it's up to him to sell out Shuli's shows.

It's not a lack of exposure, shules, it's what's being exposed. Namely, your lack of talent.

5. Mr Fantastic

Mr Fantastic Found Nemo VIP

Reputations:
    Israeli getting old

6. bobartbooey

bobartbooey Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    He's "Israeli Funny".... why you be hating on a hack-packer?

BTW, just have to say how much I love Dawg's and that bashing Shuli threads are not moved to the Looney Bin/WGAS!!! :yay:

7. Chimney Portions

Reputations:
    I believe he claims he's been a "comic" even longer than that. Back during the Artie vs Shuli fight, he said he's been a comic for 13 years and that was in 2007.

So Shuli's stand up "career" supposedly approaching the two decade mark and he still needs Scott Salem, Beetlejuice and Howard's limo driver to sell out a KoC hall. :jj: :jj:

8. EndOfLine

EndOfLine PLATINUM SPONSOR VIP

Reputations:
    He needs Doug to give him more baby clothes - that'll be one more shot at airtime.

9. R.P. McMurphy

R.P. McMurphy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    ...yeah he was working in a liquor store use to call the show and try to make howard laugh. i remember him like a bobo caller inner-shuli in vegas, shuli yer on the air-then he would proceed to fail on the phone. shulis version of paying his dues. hes so funny, howard put him in the news department. what bits is shuli writing for the show? comical? you betcha.

10. skytzoboy

skytzoboy not a fuck to give

Reputations:
  11. Chimney Portions

Reputations:
    Shules. :jj:

Look at Jimmy Norton. He turned into a huge deal in the comedy world thanks to his time on O&A. I hated that show, but when I did listen, Norton was hilarious. Shuli has had just as big of an opportunity and you couldn't get one single non-HSS or Jay Thomas Show fan to even recognize his name, let alone his face or his act.

12. PI Nate

PI Nate Disenfranchised since 1984... Gold

Reputations:
    in his mind, thats exactly what he did...

13. Vashier

Vashier VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Kinda but it's He Israeli funny

14. dalecooper

dalecooper Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I've been listening to 2003 shows lately and back then Shuli used to call in all the time exactly like Bobo does now, with a bunch of retarded questions nobody cares about except for Howard because they're engineered to pique his interest of the day so the dumbass can get on the air.

Talentless Shuli having any kind of job at all working for a powerful fellow tribesman in media is the equivalent to a Gentile going on welfare. Nobody has any delusions that it's a pity case except for Shuli himself, which is pretty funny considering that he acts like he's somehow downtrodden.

15. Ruffypup

Ruffypup Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Toronto set the bar high America!

16. bobartbooey

Reputations:
    I could ask "what do you do for a living?" Vash, but instead I will bury my head in shame :facepalm:

17. bobartbooey

Reputations:
    Given what Howard pays his former intern/frequent caller staff... he probably is downtrodden... only the King pranks/gets marbles!

18. Chimney Portions

Reputations:
    What's weird is that I've been a die-hard fan since 1993 and still don't remember Shuli as a caller. I remember Wheels, Bong-Hit Bill, Bong-Hit Eric, Irish John, etc. I have no recollection as Shuli.

19. drsieb

drsieb Member

Reputations:
    After Artie sliced himself open and there was discussion about filling the Artie chair, Howard said at one time that if he filled it, he'd probably give it to a guy like Shuli.

I'm sure just hearing Howard say those words made Shuli cum in his pants instantly. The problem is, he's living off of that glib comment and now has an expectation and a belief that he is better than everyone else in the back office.

The problem for Shuli is that he isn't better than them. Richard and Sal are much funnier than him and Sal especially is a far better stand up comedian. Shuli is annoying and makes people want to cock punch themselves to distract from his voice on the radio.

When Shuli was bitching at Scott the Engineer and talking about how he deserves all this extra money, I was hoping that Scott would just punch him out. The bottom line to the whole block party debacle is that if anyone deserves the extra money, it's Ronnie. It's his name on the event and he is why most people are coming out. When Scott mentioned that they could replace Shuli with any two bit comedian, I was incredibly proud of him to finally call him out. And yeah, if they got a two bit comedian like Nick DaPaulo or Jim Florentine, I can bet that the block party would make more money than they do now.

Bottom line...Shuli sucks balls.

Sorry for the rant.

20. PI Nate

PI Nate Disenfranchised since 1984... Gold

Reputations:
    Doesnt he "headline" BBQs?