Signs of Life on THSS?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by chief0124, May 15, 2013.

1. chief0124

chief0124 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The interviews have been harrible, but pretty big name guests recently. Sal and Richard have been back in studio more in the last month. Richard shoved something up his asshole. Maybe positive changes are being made?

2. ElRexican

ElRexican Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    It seems like they're Getting Things Done....

3. BethSucks

BethSucks Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reputations:
    Don't forget America's Wig heads out to Vegas week for AGT in the next couple of weeks then all the summer breaks and live AGT shows begin. They had to squeeze everything into one week because they won't be on the air.

4. artful dodger

artful dodger Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  5. FSFN

FSFN Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    A bunch of old time rockers & someone sticking something up their ass are positive changes?

Do yourself a favor, turn the show off. Listen to a podcast or some local morning zoo for a few months. Then turn the Stern show back on. You'll thank me later.

6. knu3421

knu3421 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    When AGT starts going live it will go

[​IMG]

7. Herc

Herc New Member

Reputations:
    Signs Of Life On The Stern Show? :cwl:

8. chief0124

Reputations:
    I'm not saying the show is what it once was, but today was the first show I've found to be worth listening to in ages. The whole thing between Rob Cordry and Benjy felt real and interesting, not like the contrived shit they usually do.

Normally I shut the show off after about an hour and listen to O & A On Demand, but today I was able to listen all the way through and the WUS was really awkward and good.

9. Rob0729

Rob0729 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    IDK, it seems to be the same crappy show they have been producing for the last few years to me. The only difference is more decent guests who aren't part of the 6 month rotation (Jonah Hill, Whitney Cummings, Seth Rogen, Amy Schuler, etc.).

10. chief0124

Reputations:
    Yeah. Joan Rivers hasn't been on in a couple weeks. I see that as a positive.

11. MFnAntiChrist

MFnAntiChrist Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Agreed. I'm not sure if anyone else caught it but Benjy did say something really interesting during the interview. Something to the tune of "What happened to the new A-list format?" when going at it with Cordry. That got my attention...

12. tHISisKiSSeL

tHISisKiSSeL ♡❂❁❀♡ Gold

Reputations:
    nobody likes guests

13. Markyjonz

Markyjonz Active Member

Reputations:
    I actually really liked the Rod Stewart interview. I like it when they have real celebrities on the show.

I'm bored with the weirdos like Beat and Debbie, since Hank died the Whack Pack has been terrible.

14. MatthewRosa

MatthewRosa New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    I thought this was some Hanzi "reptilian shadow government" conspiracy thread when I read the thread title

15. somedude61

somedude61 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Have to disagree here about the show having some life. Sure they have had some bigger stars and more of them. But I have had to turn off the interviews after a while. Just too boring. And these old time rock and roll stars should just call it a day and take retirement. Rod Stewart was never good. The Who had a few good songs. And ZZ Top is well past their prime. Granted there are no truly good musical acts these days but hearing some old fuck sing a song you might have liked when they were young is pathetic.

16. shitcunt

shitcunt Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    the show just isn't on enough to have any life. it's jam packed with shitty interviews. not enough room to breathe.

17. HooHoo

HooHoo Well-Known Member

Reputations:

Pretty much this. By the way, anyone notice how the phrase "in the sense that" flares up like some sort of OCD hives as soon as he starts in with anyone famous.. I counted five in the span of a minute during the Tyson interview.

Somehow his interviews have taken on this lame tone compared to the old days nd I can't put my finger on it.

18. tv910

tv910 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I think they're going completely in the wrong direction. The interviews (no matter who it is) are the weakest part of the show but now they dominate it. Every one goes at least an hour and becomes boring and repetitive - by the end Howard is just killing time by asking slightly re-phrased versions of questions he's already asked. Back when they had talented staff who were actually funny, the best shows were the ones with no guests. Those days are gone forever, there's no hope the show or channels will ever improve.

19. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    Howard is trying to prank the new guys at Sirius into another 5 year deal.
    Because Stern has no pressure of regular radio rating his new primary target audience is lefty media and lefty Hollywood.
    The wigged idiot stammers and stutters because EVERY thought in his head must run through several PC filters before it exists those big fake teeth. His Q rating is all he cares about.

Caller: "I never heard of Tom Corduroy or that movie 'Spin-cycle Washing Machine' before this interview. That 3 hour interview went by so fast I only jerked off twice. Thanks Howard!"

20. 1Vegasgirl

1Vegasgirl Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    The PC bullshit is why it is difficult to even listen to him anymore. With Robin's fraudulent news stories, and Howard saying that these 3 current scandals by the White House are just kind of jokes and not really serious stuff, he is way off the rocker. The three I assume he means are:
    1. Benghazi where Ambassador Stevens and three other Americans were killed on 9/11/12 after being denied more security. Obama, Hillary and Susan Rice blamed it on a u tube video. Obama came to Las Vegas the next day to fund raise.
    2. IRS stonewalling groups who requested 501C 3 or C4, opposed to the current administration's way of thinking. Anything with the words "Tea Party", "Conservative", "9/12" we stonewalled for up to 27 months while groups with term "progressive" were given a quick pass to acceptance.
    3. Wiretapping reporters.

These are not minor and not jokes and to have Robin cackling in the background is disgusting.