Silent Bob Dead?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by boognishstern, Sep 17, 2015.

1. boognishstern

boognishstern Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Silent Bob Will Have SHOCKING Role in Kevin Smith’s ‘Moose Jaws’
    Posted on Thursday, September 17th, 2015 by Peter Sciretta

[​IMG]

At Comic Con 2014, writer/director Kevin Smith announced that Tusk was actually the first film in what he hopes will be a trilogy of films he called “The True North Trilogy.” That film was followed by the PG-13 horror/comedy Yoga Hosers and Smith is prepping the third film, a movie called Moose Jaws which he described as “Jaws, with a moose” to conclude the Canadian-set series.

But Smith has now revealed that his Askewuniverse character Silent Bob will have a role in Moose Jaws, and you will be shocked to learn what that role is. Hit the jump to read Kevin Smith’s comments, which probably contain spoilers.

[​IMG]

I apologize in advance for the “click-bait” looking headline, but I really couldn’t find a better way to present it without revealing the “spoiler.”

Writing this story up, I was confused as how to present it. The information I’m about to share with you is most likely a spoiler, but its a spoiler that the writer/director is freely sharing with his audience in a widely read news publication. And unlike most filmmakers, most of Kevin Smith’s audience follows him closely, which begs the question: Is this even a spoiler?

Kevin Smith told Australian news outlet news.com.au that his character Silent Bob will have a tragic death scene in Moose Jaws:

“I just finished writing the scene where — spoilers — Silent Bob gets eaten by the moose. That’s how he f—ing goes out! Isn’t that fun? I was talking to Jay [Mewes] about Moose Jaws and I’m like, ‘I’m thinking about bringing us in as the Captain Quint character’. And he goes, ‘Yeah, but Quint gets killed!’ I was like, ‘One of us has to get eaten’. And he was like, ‘You. Not me’. I was like, ‘Why?’ And he was like, ‘Because I wanna be in other movies!’ Fair enough, dude. So, rather than let [Silent Bob] go out with dignity, he’ll be eaten by a fucking moose.”

But why would Smith spoil this surprise in advance of even making the film? I know if I saw this during the movie I might be taken out of the film for a period of time. As funny as the scene could be, I’d be thinking what this means for the character. So maybe Smith is announcing the character’s death in advance as a way of avoiding that kind of reaction? Who knows.

Now of course, this isn’t the first time that Kevin Smith has tried to close the door on his past creations — The filmmaker originally claimed Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back would be the the end of the series, and the film ended with God herself literally closed “The Book” of the Jersey Saga. But Jay and Silent Bob have since popped up in more films, and Smith has been working on a third Clerks film and a Mallrats sequel titled Mallbrats.

Is Silent Bob Dead?
    But with Silent Bob dead, killed in Moose Jaws, this might finally mean the end of the character which originated in Smith’s 1994 independent film debut Clerks.

Jay and Silent Bob have appeared in Clerks, Mallrats, Chasing Amy, Dogma, Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, Clerks II, Jay & Silent Bob’s Super Groovy Cartoon Movie, the upcoming films Mallbrats, Clerks III and Moose Jaws. The duo also appeared in Clerks: The Animated Series, and non Kevin Smith-directed films Scream 3, Drawing Flies, Fanboys, as well as a handful of tv shows.

This must also mean that Smith will complete Mallbrats and Clerks III before he films Moose Jaws, as the filmmaker has said that the character has a big role in both of those View Askew sequels. And of course there is always the out that Smith could set any future films featuring Silent Bob before the timeline of Moose Jaws. Besides that, the whole View Askewuniverse is almost a cartoon, so maybe he wouldn’t even need a canonical excuse to bring him back in a future film.

sstressed likes this.
  2. the G-man

the G-man Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Smith is incapable of producing a hit movie that doesn't have Silent Bob in it. Any " death" will last only until he needs to make a mansion payment.

3. Lster

Lster Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Those aren't all bad movies, and most surprisingly The Clerks cartoon was actually a very funny show that was never given a chance by the network. But I think you'd have to be insane to give a real shit about the Kevin Smith cinematic universe and the characters. It reminds me of how people went apeshit over Brian from Family Guy dying.

4. F Timmy

F Timmy Well-Known Member

Reputations:

Who will be the Sancho Panza to Jay's Don Quixote if Silent Bob gets offed by a moose. It's BS. How will Jason Mewes stay off smack & Oxys without hope of the next installment of the dynamic dou?

5. suckemnuckledus

suckemnuckledus Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Will the mother fucking Time be in the movie? [​IMG]

6. Roland Schwinn

Roland Schwinn *Likes reported as of October 14, 2016 Gold

Reputations:
    "But why would Smith spoil this surprise in advance of even making the film?"

Because more people are likely to see the tweet than the movie. HEll the movie will probably never be made.

ScottBaiosPenis likes this.
  7. Humongous

Humongous Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I cannot wait to see the Box Office returns for 'Yoga Hosers'. :snicker:

Night Ape and Richard Tucker like this.
  8. chapped

chapped Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Snootchie boitchies

9. Hal E. Burton

Hal E. Burton Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

Humongous likes this.
  10. Humongous

Humongous Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    These upcoming movies are what happens when you believe that what you find funny or interesting while stoned will be funny or interesting to everyone else.

11. EmperorsNewCaps

EmperorsNewCaps Member

Reputations:
    Kevin Smith is worthy of the irrelevant "oh, that guy from the 90s?" address as Stern is.

12. Gretsch Man

Gretsch Man Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Fuck fatty Kevin Smith

SlinkyNeckStern likes this.
  13. UpInSmoke123

UpInSmoke123 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    His next movie stars his daughter and Johnny Depp's daughter. This is payback for Depp appearing in Tusk. Nobody in the world wants a movie starring these 2 spoiled cunts. It will make Tusk look like a masterpiece.

14. The Booey

The Booey Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Shannen Doherty: "Fuckin' Miramax! Cut!"

15. ScottBaiosPenis

ScottBaiosPenis Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    He hasnt made a good movie in this century

killallposers and Richard Tucker like this.
  16. peterfonda

peterfonda Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    "That shit was so gay - '80s style."

Richards Dad likes this.
  17. Samurai

Samurai Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    When is the last time one of this guy's projects made serious $$$ or was a big hit with fans and critics?

I don't dislike him, but at this point, I assume anything he's working won't be good. He has to prove otherwise.

Richard Tucker likes this.
  18. Bri7

Bri7 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Kevin Smith ♥♥♥

19. tycho1972

tycho1972 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I'm a fan, but I have to agree with you. He has really made some bad choices and, unfortunately, too often relies on ideas generated while stoned. Clerks, Mallrats and Chasing Amy were incredible. Clerks II was decent, but overall, he has steadily gone down hill.

20. Samurai

Samurai Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Yeah, some guys just lose their fast ball. Hey, I just made it Howard related!