Simon Cowell paying Britney Spears $10 million, Howard $15 million

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Jon Hein is God, Mar 9, 2012.

1. Jon Hein is God

Jon Hein is God New Member

Reputations:
  2. AGT Blows

AGT Blows Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Howard should be so proud of himself. That's some rarefied air.

3. somedude61

somedude61 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    So a rich fuck is getting even richer. That's about right in these times.

4. LessMoonbeams

LessMoonbeams New Member

Reputations:
    20 mil 4 Howie

5. MutteringJohn

MutteringJohn Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Why does Howard command more money than artists who have actually had a career. Britney doesn't need $10 million as I have posted before her worth is somewhere in the $150 million dollar range. It seems like a lot but she had a run of massive worldwide tours. Tours are where artists make money. She didn't have to split money with a group. One thing Britney never wasted money on was clothes and jewelry. Every candid shot of her she was wearing clothes from K-Mart. She was semi-trailer trash before she became famous. J-Lo came from the hood and spent money like a "baller". She spent like an NBA player, drug dealer or pimp. Wardrobe, jewelry, houses, cars. Since she went on AI she is probably earning 3 times what they pay her. It revived her career. She is doing cosmetic TV ads, selling cars, releasing music again, getting TV deals. She needs all that to support her outrageous lifestyle. Britney is happy with a pack of smokes and a Bud. Howard has raised the bar. Now all the celeb judges are going to want to get paid what Howard is making.

6. FlaFlaFlunkie

FlaFlaFlunkie Fabulous!

Reputations:

Okay, I got your point about their salaries being really high (even outrageously high), but consider this: The television show E.R. (on NBC) was wildly successful. The networks make a TON OF DOUGH off these shows and the most the actors get paid are about a $1M an episode (reportedly, they offered Juliana Marguiles 2M/episode and she still turned it down).

A "reality" show pays for ZERO actors, ZERO writers. Understand how much money they pay Howard for AGT and still make money, so it's not necessarily whether or not you feel Howard is worth 20 million -- it's that the show makes SCADS OF MILLIONS OF DOLLARS. Paying Howard 20M is merely an affordable salary that AGT (and the network) can pay him.

If they couldn't afford it, they wouldn't pay it, ya dig?

7. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    Britney... 13,772,412 Twitter Followers

Wiggy.... 1,050,169 Twitter Followers

8. MutteringJohn

MutteringJohn Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    It is still so bizarre to me that they are willing to pay the three judges and the host somewhere between $40-$50 million in salaries and pay the winner $1 million over 40 years in $25K installment. You can elect to take the present cash value of the annuity which might be around $400,000. To truly give the contestant a full million dollar lump sum is only going to to cost them $600,000 more which is nothing when you look at the total cost involved. Marbles could have made a magnanimous gesture and given up part of his salary to insure the contestant received the full amount.

9. Tinman

Tinman Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    According to the most honest man in radio.:facepalm:

10. chapped

chapped Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    $10 Million is chump change when you consider the add revenue for the Show, their Website that airs the show and then you have to look at syndication... the shows budgets all mostly go to pay the three judges.. the contestants are all but free... so yea.. these shows basically print their own money..

11. HS closet homo

HS closet homo Member

Reputations:
    I laugh every time I see the name "wiggy". :backlol2:Not sure why but it hits my funny bone everytime.:cwl:

12. Asshley

Asshley New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    I see a lot of people here have adopted the Howard Stern attitude of how much the show makes VS MEEE!!!

13. stripes

stripes Active Member Banned User

Reputations:
    i'm sure the britney camp is thinking the exposure will revitalize her lypsincing ass shaking career.
    look what it did for that other no talent over the hill jlo's career...unknown to back in the spotlite.:dontknow:

..this country is pretty stoopid regarding talent.

14. BethSucks

BethSucks Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reputations:
    Howard said he was #1 in every market he was on when the show was on free radio. In reality at the show's peak he was #1 in three or four markets and as low as #7 or 8 in others as he was here in San Diego where he got moved from the #1 rock station to a lower rung station due to poor ratings. He was no longer #1 even in Manhattan by the time he left for satelite. I think the same exaggeration is true of the salary figures, the quoted sources in these situations are coming from Buchwald's office and they inflate the payout to make Stern seem more than he is.

15. LessMoonbeams

LessMoonbeams New Member

Reputations:

============

Imus stated Howie is gonna be paid 20 mil by
    AGT ?:dontknow:

16. Tinman

Tinman Well-Known Member

Reputations:

In Howards world fiction and reality are always getting twisted.

"but he(Howard) wants $20 million and the show to move to New York."

http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/stern_puts_move_on_talent_HPI5njNbIkRdNtsLzlizKO

He wants 20 million, no one has ever confirmed what he's being paid.
    My guess is 5 million tops.

17. isabella

isabella VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    i thought it was 10 mil...like anything that has to do with howard, we never know the truth. it's just like him to over-inflate his value.

18. FlaFlaFlunkie

FlaFlaFlunkie Fabulous!

Reputations:
    I was with you, right up until that last part.

The magnanimity should've come from, again, the show's producers. THEY'RE the ones with ALL the cash and, like you said, paid $40-$50M in salaries for the judges, so why the fuck are they being so cheap with the contestants?

Why do you automatically look to Howard to give up part of his agreed-upon salary? Why don't you take a portion of your salary and donate it to a similarly underpaid colleague of yours?

Because you shouldn't have to; it's your boss who's screwing that underpaid employee, not you, right?

I just don't understand that automatic "Howard is the enemy because he's successful and commands a high salary" mentality.

19. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
  20. PI Nate

PI Nate Disenfranchised since 1984... Gold

Reputations:
    it makes you wonder how cash do these shitty shows generate? :nooo: