Since we are listening to replays this week......(If you're listening)

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by TallTyrion, Apr 22, 2014.

1. TallTyrion

TallTyrion Triggered like a mofo VIP

Reputations:
    Do you find yourself less entertained by the tapes?

I personally have brought my personal emnity for the Wigged Pelican to this and it's hard for me to enjoy shows that I considered "good" before.

2. PelicanWig

PelicanWig Beautiful Soup

Reputations:
    I think it is probably because things that you used to buy into when the show was great you can now see through them like glass and realize that was all bullshit. At least that is how i feel.

3. Pooh bear

Pooh bear Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I like listening to the old shows because of the camaraderie of the different personalities. It made for more interesting shows and it was fun to see who would be on the chopping block that day. Even over the last 2 yrs the show has totally changed-none of the back office guys come in anymore and it's just not fun or funny.

4. PelicanWig

Reputations:
    That is real infuriating stuff and the stock fraud investigation and insider trading accusations make it even worse. Technically Wiggy stole from his entire loyal fan base that followed him to satellite.

5. BethSucks

BethSucks Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reputations:
    There's also an aspect of the material becoming more dated, the purely comic segments tend to hold up pretty well, goofing on Jackie's houses/parties as an example while other stuff that was great in the context of the time doesn't hold up so well, Clinton's impeachment for example.

6. itpdude

itpdude New Member

Reputations:
    Yeah, topicality can really put an expiration date on comedy.

7. PelicanWig

Reputations:
    And I am one of them. :facepalm: I paid for one of that dumb fucking cunts designer hand bags. I have to live with that every day. :facepalm:

8. reno

reno VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    I used to laugh at the wackpackers too. It's not so funny now. You have a man making more in a week than they will make in a lifetime. Looking back it's pretty sad.

9. TallTyrion

TallTyrion Triggered like a mofo VIP

Reputations:
    See, I was annoyed by him goofing on Jackie, because Wiggy does his goofing in private or through his people. Jackie had no other outlet BUT to do it in the public forum if he wanted to get himself a bump. I liked Jackie on the show and thought it suffered when he left, regardless of hour good Artie was....