Amazon Prime

*****Sirius conf. call - Q4 earnings, future plans LIVE LISTENING THREAD 2/5 8am**

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Dead Air Dave, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Dead Air Dave

Dead Air Dave Active Member

Reputations:
    SiriusXM will hold a conference call at 8:00 am ET on Tuesday, February 5, 2013 to discuss these results. Investors and the press can listen to the conference call via the company's website, www.siriusxm.com, and on its satellite radio service by tuning to Sirius channel 123 or XM channel 173. The call will also be available on the Sports Play-by-Play channel 962 on SiriusXM Internet Radio as well as through the SiriusXM Internet Radio App for the Apple iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch, and on BlackBerry and Android-powered smartphones.

2. Dead Air Dave

Reputations:
    Big meeting the same afternoon! Will something be announced on the call????

3. Obi Drunkenobe

Obi Drunkenobe Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I might have to actually listen tomorrow.

4. pheelios

pheelios One Guy, One Pumpkin. VIP

Reputations:
  5. Dead Air Dave

Reputations:
    These things are VERY dry, so be prepared. First they go over the numbers, then they talk future plans, then they take questions.

Somone who invests or has a bank connection should sign up to speak and drop a Z3

6. Scarfo

Scarfo New Member Shot Dead

Reputations:
  7. Dead Air Dave

Reputations:
    Anyone listening?

8. Rodney21a

Rodney21a Active Member

Reputations:
    Hope Howard gets put out of his misery. He knows that has been on the downward spiral from his apex for years now. So.

[video=youtube;wanoXM90yHE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wanoXM90yHE[/video]

9. Mike

Mike Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Yeah did they announce anything?

I'm sure Howard's meeting this afternoon would be based on anything that happened this morning

10. RevHortonHeat

RevHortonHeat Member VIP

Reputations:
    nothing show related. q&a seemed to be focused on stock buyback. they're going to offer something pandora related with "MySXM"?

11. Mike

Mike Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    yeah just found a transcript. no talk about stern and no questions about him. aka no one cares

12. Rodney21a

Rodney21a Active Member

Reputations:
    http://seekingalpha.com/article/115...s-earnings-call-transcript?source=google_news

highlights

John Meyer CEO-

David Frear - EVP, CFO

Question-and-Answer Session

OperatorAnd our next question is from John Tinker with Maxim.John Tinker - MaximYou haven’t discussed your ratings for a while, in terms of how many people actually listen to your service who take the service versus, say, listening to an iPod or radio. And I wondered if you could give us some idea of how that’s going. Jim MeyerWell, we’ve been competing against iPod and terrestrial radio for 10 years now. I’ve been here for 10 years, I don’t ever remember having talked about ratings between satellite radio, terrestrial radio, internet radio, and iPod listening. But there’s a lot of competition in audio entertainment. There are complementary services. Many of our subscribers are internet radio listeners, and many of them have personal digital music collections, and so that’s just been part of the program for 10 years now. John Tinker - MaximI think actually you published a number about two or three years ago, I think in the K, and you suggested that people that had your service listened - you had said about 70% of the listening, which was obviously pretty high..

Jessica Reif Cohen - Bank of America Merrill LynchRight. And then just switching gears, I have a question for Scott. You said that he’s on the call. You have differentiated content, and I think Jim was the one who kind of laid out a lot of the stuff that you have, the town halls and interviews, etc. As you look out to this kind of content, which is really unique, and exclusive, do you begin to see pressure on costs, or conversely are there ways for you decrease costs in other areas? Scott GreensteinThere’s always going to be pressure on cost, because people that have valuable content and copyrights want to maximize the amount they can get for them. On the other hand, they definitely see the benefits of their content being used and distributed on Sirius XM, whether it’s through awareness or the fact that often our listeners and therefore their content are being heard by credit card-bearing audience, and that provides a valuable filtering tool to get to people that can buy content, which is what their key offering would be, or to buy concert tickets or anything else, sports tickets and all that. So while the pressure is there, we’re trying to make sure that we offer the best we can in a two-way street to those copyright holders to do the best we can. So, so far that’s working and it’s clear our costs are being held under control.

13. Rodney21a

Rodney21a Active Member

Reputations:
    So after reading through the transcript I draw these conclusions.

The Growth of Sirius XM listenership is nonindependent of what Howard is doing for them currently because they are converting from people who try the product from OEM installs on new cars. So if Howard goes, resigns, or gets fired it will have little of no affect on the companies bottom line.

Things aren't looking good for Wiggy.

That is not to say that he was instrumental in keeping XM a vialbe brand in 2005-2006 but he served his purpose.