SiriusXM celebrates 10th anniversary with concert

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by FSFN, Feb 1, 2012.

1. FSFN

FSFN Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    SiriusXM Celebrates 10 Years of Satellite Radio with a Concert by Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band at the Apollo Theater on March 9, 2012. http://finance.yahoo.com/news/SiriusXM-Celebrates-10-Years-prnews-3390123735.html?x=0

Predictions...? There should be a red carpent with paparazzi, our beloved cunt Beth Stern front and center with her castrated dad Howard Stern. Fellow AGT judges in tow. Gary gushing over Bruce and how great they are. Anything else please add...

2. Peau de Soie

Peau de Soie Edit Button? Thanks LaserTilt!

Reputations:
    Much much anger expressed the next day for every perceived slight throughout the event. I just hope he makes it entertaining this time.

3. ZeroZed

ZeroZed New Member

Reputations:
    This is why Sirius stock sucks. Why hire Springsteen to do a concert? How does that really benefit your average SiriusXM subscriber? If you're a hardcore Bruce fan, you've got a Bruce channel anyway--why go to the expense of hiring him (millions of dollars probably) and renting a venue (not cheap)....

Although Sirius can and probably does write it off as a business expense, is it really anything other than a way to throw a party for rich New Yorkers and a handful of celebs? Not much different than the scumbag shit that NSAL pulls if you ask me.

4. Peau de Soie

Peau de Soie Edit Button? Thanks LaserTilt!

Reputations:
    Are publicly traded companies obligated to disclose itemized costs for expenses like this? This is a serious question. (I guess the lawsuit isn't too taxing on them.)

5. ImmaJudge

ImmaJudge Member

Reputations:
    That's exactly what it is. If it was for the subscribers, why not hold it in a different city than the last one?! You know, to make it accessible to more subscribers.

The choice of performer sucks, too. I know Bruce Springsteen has fans, but they're not exactly who Sirius should be trying to win over. When you're trying to grow a technology business you might want to cater to a younger crowd.

Sirius is run so poorly I feel like it's just a front for some shady business.

6. Francis Begbie

Francis Begbie New Member

Reputations:
    : oy:I might be wrong about this, but for that last McCartney thing didn't they claim there would be tix available for the general public, only to ultimately have only about 230 for regular people? And McCartney was sort of hacked-off about it? This just appears to be another SiriusXM party for the ridiculously over-entitled Zapin-types.

7. Uncle Larry

Uncle Larry Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    The handful of subscribers fortunate enough to win a chance to attend will get crappy seats, as the Sirius execs and their friends will get all the good tickets. Great way for Ross to get free tickets - maybe he can jump on some dude's back again like he did at the concert he went to with the monkey. I live on the west coast and got the email for a chance to enter and win tickets - of course, the winners have to pay for their own travel to NYC.

8. Nick Manning

Nick Manning Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:

Despite a concert for subscribers, only a small portion of "civilans", as Baba Booey calls people will be in separate section. I sure hope the Apollo theater has some good ventaltion, because Old Shit Breath will be there with Booey.

[​IMG]