Six teens attacked man because 'they were just bored,' police say

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by RobinsLapBand, Aug 15, 2012.

1. RobinsLapBand

RobinsLapBand Member

Reputations:
    Hmm, guess what color the kids are and shockingly the cops said they were "arrogant" when interviewed. Oh, by the way, the cops said its not a hate crime. I'm sure if the roles were reversed it would have been!

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20120815/NEWS0107/308150032

NORTH COLLEGE HILL — Pat Mahaney was walking home Saturday with a six-pack of beer, looking forward to a quiet evening watching sports, when something hit him in the back of the head.

“The next thing I knew I woke up on my neighbor’s front step and the life squad was there,†said the 45-year-old North College Hill resident.

Six teenagers, who according to a police report “were just bored and were looking for something to do,†ambushed Mahaney from behind as he turned off Simpson Avenue onto Dallas Avenue. He was immediately knocked unconscious.

“I don’t remember anything,†Mahaney, 45, said as he recovered this morning at his mother’s home. “I was walking home from the store - and bam.â€

It was probably a blessing he was knocked out during the worst of the brutal attack -- one of the teens even grabbed a can of beer and hurled it at his head.

The boys, ages 13 and 14, face felony charges of aggravated riot and felonious assault.

The sixth and final suspect was arrested Tuesday. All but one have been released from Hamilton County’s juvenile detention center and are on house arrest at their parents’ residences, court officials said today.

The teens are scheduled to go on trial Aug. 24.
    When police rounded most of the teens up, took them back to the police station and questioned them, they admitted Mahaney had done nothing to provoke being kicked and punched repeatedly in the face while he was helpless on the ground.

The boys told police they only stopped assaulting Mahaney when a neighbor began yelling at them and said he was calling police.

An officer who happened to be in the area responding to a call about dogs fighting was nearby and spotted a crowd of people gathered at the corner of Dallas and Simpson. Several witnesses told the officer Mahaney, who was covered in blood, “was jumped by six children,†the incident report states.

Mahaney was taken to Mercy Mt. Airy Hospital, where he was treated for four days before being released Tuesday. He suffered so many internal injuries that doctors had to insert a tube down his throat to remove all the blood from his stomach.

A tube remains in his right nostril as blood continues to seep out of his head, and his left eye is heavily blackened.
    The attack couldn’t come at a worse time. He has no health insurance and has been unemployed for “years,†he said.

He is looking for factory work but with the economy slow, jobs are almost impossible to come by, he said. Now, his job search is delayed while he recovers.

He was not surprised he was attacked but said he is taken aback at the age of his assailants.

“I didn’t think kids could do something like this,†he said. “They should be punished.â€

Neighbors and police remain shocked at the brutality of the crime.

“It was a heinous crime but it was not a hate crime,†said North College Hill Police Chief Gary Foust of the teens, who are all black.

He said several residents have called police inquiring if Mahaney was specifically targeted because he is white. He was not, the chief stressed.

Police were more struck at how cocky the boys were for being so young.

“They were pretty arrogant in the interview with us,†Foust said. “It’s appalling. I think it’s despicable. This appears to be premeditated and there was no remorse on behalf of any of the assailants. Thirteen-year-olds ought to be playing basketball, not running the streets looking for ways to entertain themselves at the expense of somebody.â€
    Foust credited Mahaney’s neighbors with coming to his aid, saying they helped to quickly apprehend the suspects.

“If not for their assistance, we would not have been able to investigate and complete it with the arrests,†he said. “The community as a whole was not tolerable of the offense and were very instrumental in giving us the individuals involved.â€

A wood plaque on Mahaney’s house reads “Protected by Angels.â€

“He is real sweet,†said Kita Hill, 26, who lives next door to Mahaney. “He says hi to me and my kids all the time. I think it is ignorant what happened to him. Why would kids jump on a man minding his own business? I think it is sad. I hope nothing like that happens again here. I keep my kids inside unless I am outside to watch then. You just never know what might happen."

2. h89fvh8dfha8hfv9a0

h89fvh8dfha8hfv9a0 Xavier's water boy Banned User

Reputations:
    "Teens"

[​IMG]

3. Snotty

Snotty My Snothand be strong!!! VIP Gold

Reputations:
    You should have put in...."You'll like us cause you HAVE to"......

4. koclem

koclem .|..O..|. VIP Banned User

Reputations:
    :coffee:

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/08/06/mississippi.hate.crime/index.html

Video shows white teens driving over, killing black man, says DA

Jackson, Mississippi (CNN) -- On a recent Sunday morning just before dawn, two carloads of white teenagers drove to Jackson, Mississippi, on what the county district attorney says was a mission of hate: to find and hurt a black person.
    In a parking lot on the western side of town they found their victim.
    James Craig Anderson, a 49-year-old auto plant worker, was standing in a parking lot, near his car. The teens allegedly beat Anderson repeatedly, yelled racial epithets, including "White Power!" according to witnesses.
    Hinds County District Attorney Robert Shuler Smith says a group of the teens then climbed into their large Ford F250 green pickup truck, floored the gas, and drove the truck right over Anderson, killing him instantly.
    Mississippi officials say it was a racially motivated murder. What the gang of teens did not know was that a surveillance camera was focused on the parking lot that night, and many of the events, including the actual murder of Anderson, were captured live on videotape.
    CNN has exclusively obtained that surveillance tape. The group of teens that night was led by 18-year-old Deryl Dedmon, Jr., of Brandon, Mississippi, according to police and officials.
    [​IMG]
    Deryl Dedmon, Jr., right, could face two life sentences in connection with the killing. John Aaron Rice, left, has been charged with simple assault.

"This was a crime of hate. Dedmon murdered this man because he was black," said Hinds County District Attorney Robert Shuler Smith. "The evidence will show that."
    Asked if there could be any doubt whether the intent was to actually hurt and kill a black person, Smith responded: "No doubt about it. They were going out to look for a black victim to assault, and in this case, even kill."

Dedmon led and instigated the attack from early in the evening, he took part in the beating of Anderson, and Dedmon was also the actual driver of the Ford 250 truck that would serve as the murder weapon, according to officials.
    As the teens were partying and drinking miles away from Jackson that night, in largely white Rankin County, Dedmon told friends they should leave, saying "let's go fuck with some A group of lovely people," according to law enforcement officials.
    Then, the gang of teens climbed into Dedmon's green truck and a white SUV Cherokee, and drove 16 miles down Interstate 20, to the western edge of Jackson, a predominantly black area.
    The teens would have seen Anderson immediately as they exited the highway, as the parking lot where he was standing is just beside the exit ramp.
    "This is the first business that you get to coming off the highway and so that was the first person that was out here and vulnerable," said district attorney Smith.
    On the videotape, obtained and reviewed by CNN, the group of teens is seen pulling into the parking lot, and stopping where Anderson is standing, though he is just off camera and not visible.
    The teens can then be seen going back and forth between their cars and Anderson. Witnesses told law enforcement officials this is when the repeated beatings of Anderson took place.
    Dedmon pummeled Anderson repeatedly as he crumpled to the street, according to officials, though this is not visible in the videotape. Finally, after the beating some of the teens left and some got into the green truck.
    At this moment on the video, Anderson becomes visible, as he staggered into view and walked towards the headlights of the truck. The truck suddenly surges ahead, running over Anderson, then continuing at high speed away from the scene.
    Shortly after he allegedly drove the truck over Anderson, Dedmon allegedly boasted and laughed about the killing, according to testimony given by some of the teens to detectives.
    "I ran that Reggie over," Dedmon allegedly said in a phone conversation to the teens in the other car.
    He repeated the racial language in subsequent conversations, according to the law enforcement officials.
    "He was not remorseful he was laughing, laughing about the killing," said district attorney Smith.
    Later that morning, James Craig Anderson's family learned their 49-year-old brother and son died in a hit and run. Only later, when witness statements were taken did they learn the real horror.
    "It appears there is no doubt that this was a racially motivated killing," said Winston Thompson, the attorney representing Anderson's family. "The family is still in shock still in disbelief."
    Smith and officials in the Hinds County District Attorney's office say they plan to indict Dedmon for murder and a hate crime.
    Deryl Dedmon is thin, weighing a mere 130 pounds, and short -- at 5 feet; he has straggly blond hair and piercing blue eyes.
    The teen, just 18 years old, has been charged with murder and now faces a possible double life sentence. Calls to Deryl Dedmon's attorney have gone unanswered.
    During a bond hearing his attorney told the court he saw nothing to back up the "racial allegations."
    At Dedmon's home, a girl who answered the door pretended not to know him though the pick-up truck he allegedly used as a murder weapon sticks out of the family's garage.
    Police say they returned it after the vehicle was processed. A second teen, 18-year-old John Aaron Rice, has been charged with simple assault, for his part in the beating his attorney also did not return calls.
    Neither teen has entered a plea.
    The other teens in the group have not been charged.
    And James Craig Anderson's family has decided to remain silent for now, trying to come to grips with a crime they thought was in Mississippi's past: the murder of a man just because he was black.

5. koclem

koclem .|..O..|. VIP Banned User

Reputations:
    enough with the fucking blatant racism

6. TehLivingDeath

TehLivingDeath New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    That should be a $50 fine, plus court costs, at most.

7. RobinsLapBand

RobinsLapBand Member

Reputations:
    Too harsh! I say 10 hours of community service.

8. Howard Stork

Howard Stork "Big Nosed and Jewish"

Reputations:
    Bored? I wish today's punks grew up in my time period. No cable tv, video games or cell phones. They wouldn't have lasted a week, those pussies.

9. Wesmantooth

Wesmantooth VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    they should each be givin 50 lashes singapore style. Maybe the next time a semi retarded group of spear chuckers will think twice before they fuck w whitey

10. TehLivingDeath

Reputations:
    If the 10 hours is throwing bricks at minorities, then we are in total agreement.

11. RobinsLapBand

RobinsLapBand Member

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

12. FishySausage

FishySausage Original Nuttah VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Buncha savages.

We're fucked as a society

13. TehLivingDeath

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

14. Wesmantooth

Wesmantooth VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    :backlol2:

15. TehLivingDeath

Reputations:
    :lo5:

16. Snotty

Reputations:
    Your likeable.....And yes this does happen on occasion with the white boys, And they should go to jail and be fucked up their asses until their guts slide out...And then be executed.....But the blaecks "Chimping Out" Is a daily occurrence.....Don't be a white guiltist.....It's not becoming......

17. Snotty

Reputations:
    Holy Shit!!! LOL......Horror......LOL.....Revulsion....LOL.........

18. RobinsLapBand

RobinsLapBand Member

Reputations:
  19. RobinsLapBand

RobinsLapBand Member

Reputations:
    Well said!

20. Snotty

Reputations:
    You wanna' punish your kids with guranteed results? Make them live circa 1972 complete with clothes..........I did that to my Daughter....It only took one time....