Sixx A.M.

Discussion in 'The Bar' started by squigglyline, Oct 8, 2014.

1. squigglyline

squigglyline Double Secret Probation Gold

Reputations:
    Ive been in LA for a couple of days for work and won tickets to see the bands only show this year. Pretty kick ass venue that holds about 450 people max. It was broadcast over the web as well...

[​IMG]

The new album out today "Modern Vintage" is pretty good as well. A bit different in places but that's a good thing. James Michael can sing his ass off...

2. Dream Theater

Dream Theater DAWGS E-BULLY Squad Gold

Reputations:
    Been a fan of them since day one.. Great music!

squigglyline likes this.
  3. Gator

Gator What?

Reputations:
    Exactly. Great band. I like Tommy Lee's Cd's also.

squigglyline likes this.
  4. Gator

Gator What?

Reputations:
    Would have loved to see/hear them live. Where was this? Didn't Nikki sing on the first CD?

squigglyline likes this.
  5. squigglyline

Reputations:
    Nah, James sings... It was at the iheart radio theater in Burbank. Pretty bad ass experience. They're touring next year as well...

6. Gator

Gator What?

Reputations:
    Downloadable? nudge nudge wink wink

7. squigglyline

Reputations:
    I'm going to pull a copy of this from the web tomorrow when get home. I'll share it with you when I do...

Last edited: Oct 8, 2014
    Dream Theater likes this.
  8. Hateman

Hateman Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    This thread is old and lame. 80's "rock" is pathetic and pretty laughable.

9. Phan Neepack

Phan Neepack Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Is that Kajagoogoo?

10. squigglyline

Reputations:
    I see nothing lame here other than your response. Pull the dick outta your ear and listen to the new album. It's not 80's rock.

11. Colleen

Colleen Awesome Banned User

Reputations:
    I've been a Fan since the first song they made

Dream Theater likes this.
  12. RenchFries

RenchFries Official Dawgshed Dutch representative Gold

Reputations:
    Been there, done that, and done that a whole lot better. I guess it's kinda cool to see Nikki Sixx, but at the same time, Motley Crue wasn't that great. I tried listening to the first Sixx:AM CD, and tuned out halfway. One big cliche-fest. There are bands out there that make the same kind of music they do, but do it with a lot more originality.

Sorry to be a downer.

cg256 likes this.
  13. squigglyline

Reputations:
    Nah - it's cool and I can absolutely see what you're saying regarding Sixx:A.M. I don't think they've ever really claimed to be a completely new/original sound. I guess for me, what they do - they do well. If you get a second, check out the new single on spotify. Very different sound for them.

As for Motley - I grew up loving the band so I'm enjoying the ride into the sunset with them. Vince cannot sing anymore (not that he was ever amazing to begin with) and Mick can play his balls off but looks so old and frail. I've seen them once on this final tour (Dallas) and will be seeing them again on Friday in Okc and I imagine that will be it.

RenchFries likes this.
  14. RenchFries

RenchFries Official Dawgshed Dutch representative Gold

Reputations:
    Oh, I completely get what you're saying. I drove 2 and a half hours to see Sebastian Bach and his new band a couple of years ago. It was in a tiny venue that was basically a bar with a stage. Maybe 200 people fit in there. :jj: It was great in its cheesyness. I loved listening to Skid Row as a teenage loner/outcast/rocker guy, I was probably the only one in my entire high school who knew of that band. The only reason I listened to Skid Row, was because I already listened to all the Guns 'n Roses albums and bootlegs a million times. I also went to see the new Guns 'n Roses, and it was awesome in its own bad kind of way.

Motley Crue will stop after this tour. They even signed contracts promising that they will. I do like some of their songs. Their work represents a strange period in time, where music wasn't the greatest, but sure was a lot of fun. At least that's what it looks like to me. I came of age in the late 90s and early 2000s, when everything had gone to shit a long time ago. Thanks to the internet, I still managed to grow up on good music. Sad thing is that I can't share that joy with my peers, as they were into Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park, rap, and all the electronic bullshit that the radio played. Almost no one my age knows about Led Zeppelin, Hendrix, Guns 'n Roses, Van Halen, and all that other awesome shit from yesteryear, because they are too lazy to dig beyond what's in the hit lists.

squigglyline likes this.
  15. squigglyline

Reputations:
    There was some legal reason (above and beyond the contract the band signed) that Motley is going to stop touring. Vince's rep leaked something last summer eluding to something more than "going out on their own terms". I'll see if I can find it. I looked into who she claimed she was and she's actually the real deal so whatever she was referring to has at least an ounce of truth to it.

I think that Motley came along at the right time when Kiss was played out and kind of picked up the ball to run with it. Much like Kiss, they weren't the best musicians but knew how to entertain.

16. HelloCleveland!

HelloCleveland! Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Mick's health was probably a big factor. The dude can barely walk or even stand.

squigglyline likes this.
  17. squigglyline

Reputations: