SNL on LANGE!!!

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Jon Hein is God, Mar 9, 2013.

1. Jon Hein is God

Jon Hein is God New Member

Reputations:
    (Disclaimer: This thread discusses a show called Saturday Night Live. Please refrain from saying that show sucks and is no longer funny. Blah, Blah, Blah, We've heard you a million times, now fuck off.... I'm keeding. Please, don't destroy me. Please!!)

I really, really loved the SNL on Stern special.

I mean, Howard has TV history gold with interviews with SNL castmembers from every era.

The thing is Howard hasn't had any recent SNLers on his show, especially when a lot of them have been doing terrific work, from Andy Samberg to Kristen Wiig to Bill Hader to Amy Poehler to Seth Meyers to Will Forte to the fat guy Bobby Moynihan to Jason Sudeikis (who fought with Artie Lange and banged January Jones and Olivia Wilde).

Howard hasn't interviewed any of these people.

In fact, Howard has only interviewed 1 person who's joined the cast in the past 10 years.

And that would be Kenan Thompson, who joined the cast in 2003 (10 years ago).

(Recent guest Fred Armisen joined the cast in 2002. Oh, and Poehler and Meyers joined the cast in 2001.)

I'm bringing this all up because tonight Artie interviewed Taran Killam, one of the funniest new cast members of the past few years.

And it was a terrific interview.

Killam was on Mad TV at age 19 and he's the only MAD TV cast member to join Saturday Night Live.

Oh, and he's married to that hot chick from How I Met Your Mother.

I do wish Howard would interview these folks because in the case of Samberg and Wiig, they end up becoming very influential in pop-culture.

And it would be good practice when Howard goes to work near SNL when he takes over for Jimmy Fallon.

Anyways, here's the interview.

[video=youtube;_10PHW4xgQA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_10PHW4xgQA&feature=youtu.be[/video]
    [video=youtube;HQb-htZRjcE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQb-htZRjcE&feature=youtu.be[/video]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 9, 2013
  2. ryanv1978

ryanv1978 New Member

Reputations:
    Howard take over for Fallon?

LOL

Now that's a good one.

did you see what Howard did to AGT ratings

3. Jon Hein is God

Jon Hein is God New Member

Reputations:
    Howard's AGT ratings were a fluke. It was a slow build and Howard's fans had no idea when it was on, thanks to lack of promotion by Howard on his show.

But Howard on Late Night is going to be a hit.

25 million Stern fans will flock to NBC at 12:30 am -- more than any other show.

Late-night will become the new primetime.

Count on it.

4. smichal

smichal A1 Dick Game

Reputations:
    Glad to see that Artie does not seem to be on drugs in this one!! I think Taran is ok and cute.

5. IlluminatiJones

IlluminatiJones New Member

Reputations:
    I look forward to it! :up:

So what do you think Howard will bring to the late-night table?

Bits/sketches?

Will he do a monologue?

Top-notch musical guests, perhaps even using his clout to reunite broken up bands?

Will he get the old gang back together or will he scour NYC comedy clubs and hot, hip podcasts for ambitious new talent?

:munch:

6. gridlockd

gridlockd Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Dude, do you know where you are?

7. newcastlefan

newcastlefan גֵּרְשֹׁם VIP

Reputations:
    it's very sad when the cast of SNL makes Artie seem funny.

it's kind of like adding cat shit to dog shit and suddenly creating gold. sounds like a fairy tale.

8. FlaFlaFlunkie

FlaFlaFlunkie Fabulous!

Reputations:
    :lol:

9. Nervous Mark

Nervous Mark Member

Reputations:
    The odds of Howard Stern taking over Fallon's spot are 0.0. If Leno gets bumped, it will only be because he is not drawing in younger viewers (under 40). Stern would not draw young viewers. Want proof? While interviewing Ryan Seacrest to promote AGT, Seacrest said that Stern was good for attracting an audience of males over 40, and Stern said nothing to correct him, just conceded the point, despite the fact that it is a career killing statement. He did not try to claim otherwise, because Seacrest was absolutely correct.

10. RoachCoachJokes

RoachCoachJokes Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I can't believe anyone is actually falling for this phony idea that Howard somehow is in the running to take over Fallon's late night slot. The one and only source for this idea is "a source close to Howard" quoted by that NY Post columnist that he recently interviewed on-air. In other words, the source is Howard's agent Don Buchwald.

NO WAY is Howard considered to be a hot enough property nowadays to succeed Fallon. Whatever JHIG is smoking, I want some.

11. Ving

Ving Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Excellent post, thanks.

12. DarkFriday

DarkFriday Fired as a MOD...Twice. Gold

Reputations:
    :cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl::cwl: