So annoying: women who sign up for Tinder, yet aren't looking for a hookup

Discussion in 'The Bar' started by Lucky Pierre, May 5, 2014.

1. Lucky Pierre

Lucky Pierre Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    In big, bold letters on their profile:

"NOT, repeat NOT looking for a hookup. If that's all you want, then you can just move on to the next profile".

Then why the fuck are you even here? Tinder is a hookup app you stupid fuck. If that's not what you want, then stick with eHarmony or Match.com.

It's like joining the gym and announcing, "I am NOT, repeat NOT here to exercise, let's make that point clear to begin with"

"I thought I could meet a nice guy... then become friends first... then, you know, take it from there, see how things go as the relationship develops".

Yeah, like that's going to happen.

[​IMG]

2. Zarathustra

Zarathustra Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    they're just pretending to be classy in case a friend sees their profile picture

3. Lucky Pierre

Reputations:

You're probably right.

4. Gomez

Gomez Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    desperate people problems :coffee:

5. redshirt

redshirt Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Yup plausible deniability to people they know who might see their profile.

6. Lucky Pierre

Reputations:
    Yes, but they continue it during the chatting phase too. You've matched each other, then started the small talk with the bullshit fake questions and fake answers (How are you? Good. You? Doing great thanks, how was your weekend? Busy, ready for a drink, lol. How was yours?)

I think they want to wait until the meet-up, then they'll posture a bit more when you say "let's go back to my place" then... finally.. finally... they can act like they wanted to act all along.

7. gwartney

gwartney Unafilliated Gold

Reputations:
    Setting you up for a rape charge when you take her out and fuck her.

8. HelloCleveland!

HelloCleveland! Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Why don't you try grinder instead?

9. Lucky Pierre

Reputations:

Gays are at least honest with themselves vs the pathetic games women have to play so they're not labeled as a slut. Oh no. Not that.

10. Lemmy

Lemmy Douchebag Extraordinaire Gold

Reputations:
    [video=youtube_share;KDveDuHo3qo]http://youtu.be/KDveDuHo3qo[/video]

11. EasyJesus

EasyJesus Pappy Gold

Reputations:
    Is this the new norm for social dating? I've been out of the single scene for 14 years and have no clue. I wish I had these options when I was in my 20's, I had to go out and work for it :nocheer:

12. VeeB

VeeB I have a Full Member VIP

Reputations:
    Dude, no. I have a gaggle of divorced friends our age who are dating this way. There are 10 crazies to every one normal. It's easier to hide the crazy online than it is in person. It sounds like such a headache, I'd rather lean up against my washing machine if that was my only option.

13. Lemmy

Lemmy Douchebag Extraordinaire Gold

Reputations:
    I never really thought it was that hard to meet people where this kinda shit was needed. I'm a fucking disaster socially too. :dontknow:

14. RenchFries

RenchFries Official Dawgshed Dutch representative Gold

Reputations:
    Doing it without apps is still the right way to do it.

15. Johnnykstaint

Johnnykstaint VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Its not "needed", per se. It increases your volume though, and makes it easier. For guys, its awesome because we dont give a shit what we fuck...just make sure you stay relatively anonymous as far as location and name so the psychos cant track you down. Back in my dating days pre-marriage, i was not any kind of stud and would get laid every month or two via the bar and party method. Fast forward to divorce days and the internet and there are literally enough women who will fuck a shlub like me to get laid twice a week or more. Additionally, women seem to lower their standards as they age which allows guys to have an unreasonable high standard.

16. Lucky Pierre

Reputations:

Interesting post.

Knowledge is power.

I bet you could have gotten laid just as much back in your pre-marriage days but the problem was once you're out a bar, you have no idea which groups of women are single and looking. Then, out of that group, who might also have an interest in you vs. those you'll never have a chance with, those with religious or height requirements, etc. Back then, if you only approached those gals you had a chance with and didn't waste your time with the others, your success rate would have skyrocketed.

Women, even though most don't act on it, have the ability to hookup anytime they want, any where they want. Fast forward to the internet and Tinder, now you can hit that target demo of women that you know are single and looking and you know are at least somewhat interested in you too (meaning they've viewed your pics and your profile and started to engage). At this point, you have a reasonable playing field as a guy where before women had all the power. Truth be told, they still have all the power because they're the ones still doing the choosing, but at least men have much better odds.

Last edited: May 6, 2014