So, how are things going?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by SouthernListen, Jan 21, 2014.

1. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    How is the economy from your personal perspective? Things going well or not? Our income is down from the last few years, from business to job to investment income.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/wall-...isery-index-worst-in-40-years/article/2542604

[h=1]Wall Street adviser: Actual unemployment is 37.2%, 'misery index' worst in 40 years[/h]BY PAUL BEDARD | JANUARY 21, 2014 AT 1:08 PM

Don't believe the happy talk coming out of the White House, Federal Reserve and Treasury Department when it comes to the realunemployment rate and the true “Misery Index.†Because, according to an influential Wall Street advisor, the figures are a fraud.
    In a memo to clients provided to Secrets, David John Marotta calculates the actual unemployment rate of those not working at a sky-high 37.2 percent, not the 6.7 percent advertised by the Fed, and the Misery Index at over 14, not the 8 claimed by the government.
    Marotta, who recently advised those worried about an imploding economy to get a gun, said that the government isn't being honest in how it calculates those out of the workforce or inflation, the two numbers used to get the Misery Index figure.
    [h=1]Sign Up for the Paul Bedard newsletter![/h]
    “The unemployment rate only describes people who are currently working or looking for work,†he said. That leaves out a ton more.
    “Unemployment in its truest definition, meaning the portion of people who do not have any job, is 37.2 percent. This number obviously includes some people who are not or never plan to seek employment. But it does describe how many people are not able to, do not want to or cannot find a way to work. Policies that remove the barriers to employment, thus decreasing this number, are obviously beneficial,†he and colleague Megan Russell in their new investors note from their offices in Charlottesville, Va.

and more AT THE LINK

2. chuk

chuk Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    "Marotta, who recently advised those worried about an imploding economy to get a gun"

Sounds credible...

3. SEGA

SEGA Permanent Vacation VIP

Reputations:
  4. broccoli rob

broccoli rob thanks for the memories DW3

Reputations:
    I'm living through the end of a family business that has been around for over 60 years. Construction industry, waste hauling to be specific. For the longest time it was due to the economy, but now that building is picking up (somewhat) in South FL, the larger companies are putting the strangle hold on smaller competitors. I lived a pretty lavish lifestyle until the last few years and now i'd say the worst its ever been for me financially. It doesn't much matter since I have no desire to own a business in the future, especially in garbage.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2014
  5. Atomic Wedgie

Atomic Wedgie Crash Victim

Reputations:
    I'm living large and in charge.

6. illini fan

illini fan New Member VIP

Reputations:
    I'm doing ok...my client base is good and most of my wealth is in the stock market (up 108% since Obama took office) and my house (up 10% since Obama took office)...I can't complain...

...However, the least fortunate (bottom 10%) are doing shitty

7. chuk

chuk Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

8. koclem

koclem .|..O..|. VIP Banned User

Reputations:
    Doing great, work is stable, just got a big xmas bonus and the wife scored a fancy new job a couple months back.

9. chuk

chuk Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    "Don't always believe statistics, they will tell you that the average human has one breast and one testicle."

10. Beer Chugger

Beer Chugger Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Hey, how's it goin', what's goin' on?

Living every day like it's Saturday night.

[​IMG]

Where are all the little white girls at (allegedly)?

11. killallposers

killallposers VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
  12. R.P. McMurphy

R.P. McMurphy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    ...i always gauged the economy by how many tower cranes i see swinging around the city, i needed those to make my money. right now the number of cranes working in the area is way above where it was in 2006/07. lots of commercial construction going on and that has always been a good indicator to me. even the welding shop where i used to buy oxygen is busier now than they were even 5 years ago.

13. broccoli rob

broccoli rob thanks for the memories DW3

Reputations:
    the "legit" garbage biz has similarities to the mob. its as corrupt...a lot of the guys do time, get forced out of business for embezzelment, congregate in a "committee" where everyone lies to each other trying to set up the best opportunity to stab your fucking back. I don't want my kids to even know about this business. Evolution will smile down on me once I shut it down and get my bloodline out of this pseudo-soprano lifestyle.

14. Atomic Wedgie

Atomic Wedgie Crash Victim

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

15. HowieStearn

HowieStearn HateClub

Reputations:
    business has been in the toilet since Obama took over. I fear this is new new shit American economy.

16. koclem

koclem .|..O..|. VIP Banned User

Reputations:
    the real question is do you still have 3 girlfriends? pics plz

17. Scooter

Scooter Active Member

Reputations:
    I make ok money but am killed by taxes. AND just got a supplemental property tax bill on saturday. FUN!

18. WillyBest

WillyBest Achiever Gold

Reputations:
    My personal life is at a noine, but my professional life is at a three... hundred... thousand... dollars! So, yeah, things are fine in the one percent!

(IRS Disclaimer: actual net income after taxes, lawyers, agents, managers, accountants, bookkeepers, stock brokers, actuaries, hedge fund managers, gardeners, nannies, pool boys, sex slaves and Russian mail order au pairs may be more or less than $3000.000.00. Thanks, Obama!)

Last edited: Jan 21, 2014
  19. datchguy

datchguy New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Still mowing lawns. :beer:

20. MyLazyHand

MyLazyHand Russia and France Know What to Do

Reputations:
    I had a shit job for 2 years but they just promoted me 2.5 levels and more than doubled my pay. This will be a lucrative year. Back in the swing after a long bad run.