So... How's your new year going?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Beth143nacho, Jan 6, 2016.

1. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    so far, on this end not bad.

In politics, the pace is still rather slow. The 24,000 candidates running for office haven't yet started their advertising, so commercial breaks are still relatively quiet. The phones haven't started ringing constantly with focus groups and pollsters and were generally being left alone on social media. I expect this to stop REAL soon.

At work, things are NUTS. I'm pretty much back in the routine and chugging away at a massive workload, understaffed and lots of corporate goals to meet... My friends all work for a company about to become the first mega-merger in 2016 (if wall st is to be believed) so they're all wondering what their future holds. They're the ones doing the buying, but the other company is far more mature....

Home front: never anything to complain about there.

How's your 16?

2. playitagainfred

playitagainfred Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    my kids got good grades in the fall term. our health is good. bills are paid. still a nice piece of change saved up. I haven't lost a beehive to winter cold yet. it could be worse.

yaddc and TeeDonkey like this.
  3. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I tried to make my own beehive once. Built a decent one per some drawings I found on the web. Put it out in the field waiting for bees to find it and make a new home.

Checked on it a month or so later and found the biggest black widow I've ever seen living in it.

4. playitagainfred

playitagainfred Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    yikes. next time find a swarm or just find a local keeper willing to do a split of an existing hive with you. a lot of times you can get a hive started like that if you split the honey with the guy the first harvest. of course you could just buy a nook yourself though. for starting out, its best to do 2 hives than 1. you can compare 1 to the other to gauge how things are going and if one hive is just struggling, you can kill that queen off and combine the remaining bees with the stronger hive (you have to introduce them gradually though, dont just dump them in LOL)

5. luvsimpsons

luvsimpsons Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Meh

x76 likes this.