so I finally cancelled sirius

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by baby booie, May 8, 2013.

1. baby booie

baby booie Active Member

Reputations:
    I called up to cancel, they said OK, then within a minute the signal was gone, nobody tried to sway me to stay on, even though I have been a subscriber for 8 years.

Not that I would stay, I can listen to Howard live or 101 anytime for free, I'll probably just wean myself off the show, it's barely worth getting it for free anyways.

I would highly recommend cancelling and saving yourself the money by the way, there are a shitload of internet radio stations and other options nowadays, you don't even need a sim card.

this site has proven to be a reliable source of info and entertainment and I'll continue to lurk

thank you and good night:hat:

2. NotMyBro

NotMyBro VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Someone there really fucked up. Their retention team sucks shit now if they don't even try to keep people like you on.

But good for you for not paying those shitheads!

3. Junior

Junior Active Member

Reputations:
    In two days they will call you and offer 6 months for 25 bucks.

4. TelegramSam

TelegramSam I love Sam's cock Banned User

Reputations:
    It's really sad, it's a great technology but they have shit for content now. When I first signed on, it was so great: Fangoria radio, Fred Schneider's 1st Wave show, the original Hard Attack hosts and their metal show, uncensored BTLS (before his show turned to shit), and now there's nothing except Ellis and Jay Thomas, who they have head to head for some reason. How Greenstein hasn't been fired, I'll never know.

5. baby booie

baby booie Active Member

Reputations:
    it's actually been over a week, no calls, fuck em I'm not going to pay for bullshit

6. Lou Cypher

Lou Cypher New Member VIP

Reputations:
    I didn't renew when I got my last bill. I barely listen to it. On Monday, I had it on in the laundry room and my sub expired during Robin's news song. I said, "Oh", and turned it off. :)

7. Jake Dog

Jake Dog Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    The number of my credit card on their files has changed so they keep sending me e-mails to update it because they can no longer automatically renew my subscription. They say in their e-mail that they will continue my service but they will bill me. Lotsa luck!!!

8. Herc

Herc New Member

Reputations:

How do you listen for free? :dontknow:

Last edited: May 8, 2013
  9. NotMyBro

NotMyBro VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    :facepalm: dude… do you really want these fucks to screw your credit? they'll sell your bill to collection assholes who will call you incessantly and will destroy your credit rating. send them an email and threaten a lawsuit if they don't cease & desist from harassing you and tell them that you never agreed to receive service in lieu of deferment of payment.

10. Uncle Larry

Uncle Larry Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I cancelled a while back - still get an email every few weeks with offers to restart my sub. I would rather just listen to my own music in the car and the content is not even worth the free weekly internet subscription anymore.

11. zerokarma

zerokarma Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I cancelled a few months ago, I had previously had a year for $70 and they offered the same to me again but I told them I don't think it's even worth that. I told them I can get Howard for free on shoutcast and there are plenty of awesome Internet radio stations. They didn't argue it or try to change my mind, they cancelled it and that was that, haven't heard from them since.

12. Turtle Man

Turtle Man Hello Darling Gold

Reputations:
    howie will be broadcasting on outQ next year..so you wont have to pay premium

13. Herc

Herc New Member

Reputations:
    I never paid that greedy Heeb a dime. Never subscribed to begin with. I felt the scam douchechills the day he announced it . . . :coffee:

14. Chimney Portions

Chimney Portions I drink cum Banned User

Reputations:
    But did you ever listen? To Sirius?

15. Herc

Herc New Member

Reputations:
    In my company car I get Sirius for free. So yes I do . . . :)

16. Donkeyboy2190

Donkeyboy2190 Never earned a dimes

Reputations:
    Check your box

17. Herc

Herc New Member

Reputations:
    I'll Rep you as soon as my Reps recharge my friend! :)

18. baby booie

baby booie Active Member

Reputations:
    I work from home so thank god for the internet, if I was stuck in the car for hours I would probably have to boost my 3g for free options

19. AngryWhite

AngryWhite New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    i've been a subscriber before howard, and since sirius began. i called to cancel a couple of weeks ago due to them charging me $217 for 1 radio for 1 year. they offered me $6 a month and i took it. they gave me a rebate for the rest.

fucked up way of doing business.

20. Stinkfist

Stinkfist Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Just make sure you keep an eye on your bank statements.

I called to cancel two months before my next payment was due. They told me OK and that my radio would be playable once I called back to unlock it. I asked if I still had two months before the radio was shut off since my sub still had two months of prepay. They told me they thought I just wanted to pause my service. Told them no. Cancel the sub. They said they did and I hung up.

Two months later, I began wondering when my radio would stop getting a signal. It didn't. Called back and told them to shut me down. They no longer had my card info, apparently, because they did not charge me beyond the two months. They told me I was shut down. Radio no longer had a signal and I thought I was in the clear.

Another two months down the road, I got mail from a collections agency claiming that I owed Sirius for another couple months of service. Called collections and told them the hassles I had at Sirius and that I had no intention of paying.

Called Sirius back and pretty much told them to fuck off and stop charging me for service I was not getting.

I recently started getting mail from them again asking me to renew my subscription.

Shady ass company.