So it seems Coast is telling guests they must choose between shows

Discussion in 'Other Shows' started by Dlist, Oct 20, 2013.

1. Dlist

Dlist Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    The 2 ghost ladies were on and they said that Coast producer told them b/c of "competitive reasons" they could only go on either C2C or Art's show. They chose Art. What is C2C thinking?? Of course there is going to more loyalty to Art by his guests. WTF, C2C is just going to become an all open lines show if they stick with this stance.:facepalm:

2. TelegramSam

TelegramSam I love Sam's cock Banned User

Reputations:
    I think Snoory's days may be numbered. I'd love to know if he's losing affiliates or not as well.

3. Dlist

Reputations:
    Snoory said he recently signed a 7 year contract so he may be around.

4. TelegramSam

Reputations:
    If he worked for anyone other than Clear Channel I'd agree with you, but I don't know that they've ever failed in finding a way to shitcan a DJ while not paying out their contract (just ask Stern).

5. Dlist

Reputations:
    I wish George Knapp was a regular, and I loved Ian...but since his tinitus, he isn't doing C2C anymore.

6. pheelios

pheelios Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
  7. KDK12

KDK12 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I haven't listened to knapp in a while. I've been getting shitfaced every sunday at my friends Browns parties. I think I'll skip the next time Knapp host's. George is bitter Art came back. George always seems so phony when he talks about Art. Anyways that is pretty stupid of Snoory to give ultimatums. I would probably choose Snoron though because you get to write the questions he asks. All you have to put up with is "could it be Angels?" he asks every guest this no matter what.

8. RH Goatcabin

RH Goatcabin Notable Member VIP

Reputations:
    Cored out rectums. Lol Whitley. :jj:

9. RH Goatcabin

RH Goatcabin Notable Member VIP

Reputations:
    Anybody here on Bellgab?

10. cia212

cia212 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    No. I've lurked since it was mentioned here but that's all.

11. Dlist

Reputations:
    No, just lurked..they seem to be a pretty serious bunch over there.

12. Dlist

Reputations:
    THAT. And I hate when kiss ass callers tell him he is a "light worker" or whatever that BS is about.:facepalm:

13. GloriaGrace

GloriaGrace Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I wonder if anyone else notices how George doesn't even seem to be listening to the guest and when the guest is finished their sentance, he automatically responds with a half-assed, "right, they sure are/do...". The feeble, distracted answer really shows itself when they have some sort of expert on that is talking about something very specific and esoteric and he throws out the old, "yeah, that's true". I don't like that guy. I like John Wells so much more than that goofball George.
    I'm tempted to cancel my sub after what I heard C2C is doing with guests.

14. Night Ape

Night Ape Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Agreed! Ian and Knapp are my favorite Coast hosts next to Art.

15. Night Ape

Night Ape Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    A couple years back, when I still listened to Coast even semi-regularly, Noory was doing open lines. He welcomed a caller on the air and the caller proceeded to drone on for a couple minutes about either Michio Kaku or Zachariah Sitchen (I get the 2 names conused) and then asked a question... to dead air.

Noticing George wasn't on the line, the caller said "Hello?"
    There was a pregnant pause, followed by what sounded like something falling and clanking on the floor of the studio.

George rushed back on the line and said: "Yes. Thanks for the call and we'll be sure to look into that individual you mentioned."

As host of Coast, George definitely knows both those names, as would any regular Coast listener. He wasn't even on the line, let alone listening to the caller. It was the most unprofessional thing I've ever heard on the show.

Pretty much sums up George Noory in a nutshell.

16. GloriaGrace

Reputations:
    Wow! Really not surprised. I think it was Sunday that George was doing the show from a telephone. Not an ISDN line - a telephone. Talk about unprofessional.

17. TelegramSam

Reputations:
    Pretty pathetic considering Art is more professional doing HAM in his spare time. :jj:

18. GloriaGrace

Reputations:
    I've also noticed that C2C has spiced-up the bumper music. Made me think that because Art has such a wide range of music filling his breaks that they want to keep up.
    It's funny that Art is using the sound effects, like the lightning crack and other bits, from C2C. I figure it's kind of the middle finger to C2C, as he was the founder of the show. That Art is a ball-buster.

The only thing Art has against himself currently is that he's only on 4 days a week. Some weeks he has Wig's schedule. Maybe it's a Sirius thing.

19. Donkeyboy2190

Donkeyboy2190 Never earned a dimes

Reputations:
    I used to really like Ian but towards the end he became more argumentative with the guest and tried to push the interview he wanted to do instead of going with the flow.

20. Balls Jablowski

Balls Jablowski Member

Reputations:
    This is absolutely awesome that Art Bell is back and even more amazing that my favorite Stern site has dedicated a sub-forum to his new show!

George Noory is a fucking hack and he made that show unlistenable. C2C is a monster of Primrad and is sold as part of a package where if you want Rush Limbaugh you have to take C2C as well but hopefully Art destroys Noory.

I absolutely love Knapp as well and wish he was the regular host. That dude is great. I'm an even bigger C2C fan than a Stern fan yet over the last decade I rarely tune in unless Knapp is hosting.