So, my night last night...

Discussion in 'The Bar' started by deverrant, Mar 30, 2014.

1. deverrant

deverrant VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    I was home, minding my own business, posting away and having a few beverages.
    Then at about 2:30 I get a phone call and it's my good friend (who is also my nephew's father). He was HAMMERED. They'd attempted to turn his car around in this fieldy area and sunk it in the mud, about a quarter-mile from my house. He was with a girl he knows, who was also drunk, as well as his driver who was not drunk, but who was...

My crazy ex.

(Not the most recent one; the one before that who crashed my car and stalked me and all that. The CRAZY crazy one.)

:facepalm:

So. I figure, I don't want my friend to get a DUI, especially because that affects my nephew. Plus he doesn't deserve one... he had a DD. He can't help if that person made a bone-head decision. But if they're fucking with this car and a cop rolls up, and the real driver isn't physically driving, they can tell the cop whatever they want but it doesn't matter. HIS name is on the car. He's fucked.

My friend said he had tow chains. I was not able to leave the house. My daughter was here, plus I'd had a couple drinks and am still on probation so I can't risk my ass.

So now I'm thinking, what the fuck am I supposed to do?

2. deverrant

Reputations:
    ...Well, my friend and the crazy ex arrive on my porch. Since I can't leave/risk driving, and since my friend can't stand up straight, I reluctantly hand my keys over to the ex (the same ex who totaled my last car). I figured, it's only a quarter-mile. It'll be okay. Then again, he's about to hitch it up and attempt to pull another car out of mud that's rocker-deep and apparently the front two tires weren't even touching the ground.
    BUT I don't want my friend getting in a WHOLE LOTTA trouble that he, nor my nephew need or deserve.

I felt I had no choice.

I paced in my livingroom until they returned, one car short. The tow chain had broken. Their attempt was unsuccessful. So all three of them come in my house. For over a half hour we're attempting to call anyone we know with a big truck, etc to yank the car out. Nobody was answering. It was now almost 4am. I said "I'm sure you've thought of this, but does anyone have AAA?" At this point the dumb girl my friend was with said "I do".

So she called. She didn't have her card and it's not even her policy. It's her parents' but she's on it. She was fumbling through her words as she attempted to verify her coverage on the account, which she eventually did. We told her to say they'd swerved to miss a deer, and she said "We swerved to hit a deer". :facepalm:

3. Stan Beeman

Stan Beeman Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
  4. deverrant

Reputations:
    I'm seriously considering some of this myself...

5. Stan Beeman

Reputations:
    so what happened in the end?

6. Mack

Mack Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    That's when living near Mack comes in handy. :mrpeanut:

:hhh: "handy"

7. deverrant

Reputations:
    Anyway,

AAA said 30-45 minutes. So we were just hanging out waiting... me, my drunk friend, the drunk, annoying slut he'd planned on banging that evening, and my crazy ex, who at one point followed me into the kitchen when I went to get a drink and gave me a big, long hug and said he missed me. :facepalm:

I said I was going out to smoke and everyone agreed to join. The ex told the girl "take your phone in case the driver calls".
    She said "Oh good call"... and grabbed the wrong phone. :facepalm: :facepalm:

Well, the truck arrived, took the girl (the AAA policy holder) and the ex (the sober driver) to the car. I turned on the TV and there was a "Married With Childred" marathon on, which was awesome. My friend proceeded to pass out, open-mouthed on my sofa. A little while later they returned with his car. It was almost 5 til the whole affair was over. And I had to get up early today to help my best friend move. BUT there were no issues, and no run-ins with the police.

My friend left me the remainder of his beer as a thank-you. The crazy ex decided to text me this morning and say thanks as well.

Then I got in my car to run out today and the entire passenger-side is covered in mud and grass... the (custom microsuede) doorpanels, the dash, the fucking seat... it's a fucking mess.

Jesus Christ.

8. dawg

dawg In The Dog House Staff Member

Reputations:
    DEV :facepalm:

Stop letting people make you feel guilty and letting them walk all over you!

9. deverrant

Reputations:
    :giggle:

10. Mr. Potato Head

Mr. Potato Head ~Would Like to Play~ Gold

Reputations:
    ^^This. You don't enjoy these situations? Stop putting yourself in them.

11. deverrant

Reputations:
    My boy could have gotten a DUI. That he didn't deserve. Which would have affected not only him, but my nephew and likely my whole family.
    What was I supposed to do? :(

12. Stevie

Stevie Now go...Ohm.

Reputations:
    DEV...

Cmon girl...Cmon.

13. DarkFriday

DarkFriday Fired as a MOD...Twice. Gold

Reputations:
    :winner::winner::winner::winner::winner::winner:

14. Stan Beeman

Reputations:
    the story has no sex involved?

15. DarkFriday

DarkFriday Fired as a MOD...Twice. Gold

Reputations:
    How is any of that Ur fault?

16. deverrant

Reputations:
    No.

I've had no sex stories to speak of in weeks now... :what:

17. deverrant

Reputations:
    It's not. But if I can help keep it from happening, for the sake of my nephew (especially), my friend and my family I will.

18. wife is a whore

wife is a whore Stripped of POTY for butthurting staff VIP

Reputations:
    For future reference, you tell the AAA dispatcher as little as possible (car won't start. I think the alternator died, I only let my brother work on it), and cut a deal with the tow guy when he shows up. Just have cash on you.

I have AAA Plus. You get 4 incidents a year. An incident could be a jump start or a lock out or a tow up to 100miles. I used to plan out nights of drinking where getting towed home was the anticipated outcome. Call AAA, "car won't start, I need to be towed home", hand the guy a $20 when he shows up, no problems.

19. dawg

dawg In The Dog House Staff Member

Reputations:
    You see what i mean? guilt?

20. Stan Beeman

Reputations:
    [​IMG]