Software change please read carefully

Discussion in 'Help and Support Desk' started by dawg, Jun 24, 2014.

1. dawg

dawg In The Dog House Staff Member

Reputations:
    I have finished imported 6.9 million posts into Xenforo. Needless to say it took a while.

I have tested this several different ways and i have concluded that doing it early and making sure the forums work and are customized to meet our needs.

What does this mean? When we switch to Xenforo the last post you will see if from this morning. Anything after that will be lost from here. In other words we will lose a day or two of posts. Can you live with that? I mean we have 7 million already [​IMG]

TODO List for Members - Please read very carefully. If you DO Not read you might have to contact Hockeygrl through email and wait for word to get to me. Easier to save trouble and READ!

1. Make sure you know your password! This is the most important. You will be required to login to the new software the first time. If you do not know your password please pm me and i will change over there.

Concerning VIP status and Subscriptions
    Your status will not change when we move you will still be a VIP supporter! However:

If you have 6 months a year Gold whatever those will carry over no need to do anything

The following is for Recurring VIP's only.

When we get on the new forum and you get settled please go to PayPal and cancel your sub here and recreate it on the new forum software if you want to continue to support.

If you do not do this your vip status will expire when your month is up.

2. Senator Rick

Senator Rick Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Let's pretend I'm a dumb fuck: is there a default setting for font size from thread to thread, forum to forum?
    If so -how do I set my preferred font for reading and if not ...I haven't figured out yet what how to respond to a proverbial "not".

3. newcastlefan

newcastlefan גֵּרְשֹׁם VIP

Reputations:
    can you restore the "New" posts link that the VB site had? How else will I know if Dave has posted a new insult?

4. newcastlefan

Reputations:
    Btw, need to create a tiny icon for the shed in xen. This is how it currently displays on my iPad:
    [​IMG]

5. newcastlefan

Reputations:

Nevermind: I found it. Sneaky.