Some Interesting Observations of Artie post-Nick

Discussion in 'The Artie Lange Show' started by Merespliff, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Merespliff

Merespliff Member

Reputations:
    So listening to the show recently (and having these thoughts when listening to the N&A show as well), I've noticed some interesting things about Artie's "opinions."

When Nick was on, did you ever notice (ASIDE FROM THE UNION TALK) that Artie REALLY started to lean to the right? Not just with political correctness, but other things as well. I understand it benefits him for tax reasons to lean that way, but I always found it interesting.

Because last night, when they had that black comic on, Artie was going on and on about how bad the n-word is. He's always mentioned that it's kind of an awful word but he was really piling on saying "it would get it's own WING in the racism hall of fame" and "guinea isn't nearly as bad."

Now, if NICK was there, you KNOW that would have been a big hullabaloo, with Nick saying it's not that bad, black guys are hypocrites, guinea is just as bad, etc. etc.

I think sometimes Artie DOES take on the opinions of whomever he is working with. For example, I found that a lot of times on Howard he would agree with certain things that Howard said (that were frankly, kinda fruity) that really surprised me.

Not saying it's not normal, just saying that was GLARING to me last night. And in that sense, maybe it's better Nick is gone cause he probably REALLY pissed off some of the guests with that shit. While I do think people get wayyyy too easily offended, when you're trying to do a show, you don't want guests to not want to come back or to bad mouth you to other people.

Just my 2 cents.

2. fatstuff

fatstuff New Member

Reputations:
    I was kinda thinking a bit along those lines. He's a social guy who goes with the flow.

3. Merespliff

Merespliff Member

Reputations:
    yeah i mean like i said i don't think it's necessarily a BAD thing, i just think it's interesting how much he echoed a LOT of Nick's sentiments when he was there. Just makes me wonder what his opinions really are.

4. fatstuff

fatstuff New Member

Reputations:
    He's done more drugs than opinion forming I guess :)

5. BudBudha

BudBudha Male Underwear Model

Reputations:
    I didn't hear Kamau Bell or watch his show but is he some black power dude?

6. Merespliff

Merespliff Member

Reputations:
    no no not really. his standup act was apparently heavily racially focused, but i didn't get the idea that he was a militant black man lol. he's got some show on FX he's doing that Chris Rock is in charge of. They were just talking about Tarentino movies and how much he uses the n-word

7. BudBudha

BudBudha Male Underwear Model

Reputations:
    I'm surprised Artie took such a stance against the n word as a comic. Most black comics say it so it's just widely accepted.
    Maybe Artie turned the corner when Takei told him how he shouldn't say faggot because it was hurtful to George :dontknow:

8. Avery

Avery Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Artie is just doing what you say he does with nick (taking up his opinions) with his guest.

He doesn't give a shit about the n-word. He used Reggie in front of Al Roker. Al fucking Roker!!!

9. Avery

Avery Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    When FX was advertising his show I checked out some of his youtubes. He isn't even really a comedian. He does these powerpoint presentations obsessing over race. There is literally no other topic he really explores with his "comedy".

He's one of those IQ tests are racist, thinks he's Egyptian and invented peanut butter black dudes.

10. fatstuff

fatstuff New Member

Reputations:
    :lmao:

11. RH Goatcabin

RH Goatcabin Notable Member VIP

Reputations:
    Poor fat, bloated Artie and his private, personal pain. :bigcry:

12. fatstuff

fatstuff New Member

Reputations:
    I think a lot of Artie's comedy is kinda positive, backslapping sorta stuff and he kinda goes along with who/what he's working with.
    He could put everyone in the room in a good mood with his gift of the gab.
    I'm not sure how much he actually means anything he says. When he picks a target to have a dig at, half the time I don't think he really has that much of an opinion.

Its really noticeable when he does go against the flow though.
    When Nick got all shitty and fucked up during the picks with Bonnie on that last show and then tried to backpedal and make light of it, Artie could have gone along and lightened the mood and smoothed it all over if he wanted to.

Sometimes he's more likely to show his cards when he goes against something - selective silence, etc.

13. fatstuff

fatstuff New Member

Reputations:
    Al Roker? That's the silly weatherman who shat his pants in the white house and then put it in a book and went on television talking about it!

What a tool !!

"I shat my pants..." :facepalm:

14. Chucky

Chucky Member

Reputations:
    I noticed that too, Mere. I remember back in the summer when they had Norton on Nick was saying "progressives" and watch dog groups were hurting the work comics do, and Artie flat out agreed with him. He also liked goofing on Bill Maher with Nick, but then again hes such a jerkoff it probably doesn't matter what party he's affiliated with. My guess is that Artie is a libertarian.

15. Double Blizz

Double Blizz New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Artie's doing the best he can do but it doesn't really sound that great. And never say "bye" before going to commercial break. The Terrell Owens bit was kinda funny tho.

16. TelegramSam

TelegramSam I love Sam's cock Banned User

Reputations:
    Are you trying to say the Connecticut School of Broadcasting didn't prepare Artie to be a serious broadcaster?

17. Double Blizz

Double Blizz New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Yes,and that Artie didn't prepare Artie to be a serious broadcaster. He's a very good co-host/anchorman,I really don't understand the move Ken Kohl was trying to make with that one. Just anybody with a huge name shouldn't be the host, you can only recycle Mike Bocchetti not being able to complete sentences,Dan and the twins Chicago accent,and Dan is gay references so many times. Call me a hater if ya want I love Artie just as much as anyone here but I know a bad move when I see one.

18. TelegramSam

TelegramSam I love Sam's cock Banned User

Reputations:
    I get where you're coming from, I just don't think you can judge that based on this first week. It's obvious Nick's departure wasn't planned, or else we would have seen it happen over the break and not last week. Until they decide on a permanent co-host and get the new structure down, I'm going to withhold judgment, that's all.

19. CAPTAIN KIRK

CAPTAIN KIRK New Member

Reputations:
    Yeah I noticed that too. When Artie asked what the hell was up with Katt Williams getting arrested for a 5TH time recently Kamue replied, "I don't know, I wasn't at the last "Black Guy Meeting"."

20. Merespliff

Merespliff Member

Reputations:
    The one thing that I have to say, and I'm surprised no one has pointed this out before, is that you can really see (in some aspects) how Howard has rubbed off on Artie. Things like goofing on Dan, making everybody in the studio a character on the show, etc.

He is also a MUCH better interviewer than Nick. He gets the guys who call in to talk about WHATEVER. I remember when they had some really really old linebacker from the Bears on, who was actually really funny, I think his name was Glenn Koslowski or something. Artie spent the entire interview with him goofing on the Jimmy Johnson Ex-tenze commercial. And it was hilarious. I like the way the interviews go when Artie gets to drive the bus.

BTW, CHIP KELLY to my Eagles baby! LET'S GO BIRDS! E-A-G-L-E-S! EAGLES!