Someone remind me who Gary booked instead of George Carlin again...

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Gretsch Man, May 26, 2013.

1. Gretsch Man

Gretsch Man Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I remember him saying he didn't book George Carlin on what would have been his last Stern appearance because he preferred some C list celebrity. Who was it again?

2. TelegramSam

TelegramSam I love Sam's cock Banned User

Reputations:
    I want to say Brooke Hogan.

3. Gretsch Man

Gretsch Man Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Maybe I shouldn't have asked. :facepalm:

There's isn't a big enough facepalm on the internet for that one. I remember he was all defiant about it too and actually justified his decision to a bunch of callers on the WUS. Brook Hogan is much worse than I would have guessed though...

4. mike25

mike25 Active Member VIP

Reputations:
    Gary is horrible. he has no common sense when booking guest . he acts like a big show biz know it all, saying shit like, "they're a big star boff, but i don't know if they will give a good interview. the fans might be bored. we need a hook ". i'm pretty sure howard told gary about the "hook" when he was just boy gary, but what boy gary should have learned was that the "hook" is only necessary with people like yucko the clown, some wack packer, etc, but not for big stars and comedians. he wanted to pass on gerard butler the first time, which is an A-list guest. i trust Will Murray's decisions, so at least he can give some guidance to the monkey with that high IQ of his.

5. HubArkishh

HubArkishh Active Member

Reputations:
  6. Winston Ono

Winston Ono Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  7. LaserT

LaserT You have to have fun. Gold

Reputations:
    Katie Lee Joel

8. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    That it was Gary's decision, and not carlin telling Gary to go fuck himself is the fake story, mike.

9. Brokenbad

Brokenbad Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Katie is much prettier than Carlin.

[​IMG]

10. Winston Ono

Winston Ono Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Billy Joel in today's NY Times

A.G.:
    In 2008, you accompanied your wife on “Oprah.” You looked so uncomfortable, I remember thinking it looked as if there was somebody offstage pointing a shotgun at you to keep you from running away.

B.J.: I was very uncomfortable. I was in shock. I didn’t realize behind me there were these screens of, like, auto accidents and things about drinking and divorce. I thought I was going to come talk about music. I did the show because Katie had a book coming out. She said, “Please, help me get on the show.” I said, “I don’t want to do it, I don’t want to do it, don’t make me do it, don’t make me do it.” But I said, “O.K., I’ll do it, and it’s going to suck.” Sure enough, it did. My daughter saw the show, and she cried, she thought it was so bad.

A.G.: Why? Because you looked so unhappy?

B.J.: Because she thought it was a mean line of questioning, and she knew I wasn’t happy. She could see it. This is why I didn’t want to do the show. I don’t like doing TV, especially a show like that. All those touchy-feely kind of shows like “The View” or “Oprah,” people talk about their feelings. I don’t like that.

A.G.: On the “Oprah” show, Katie said that when she met you in the bar of the Peninsula Hotel in 2002, she had no idea who you were or what music you played. You must be quite a charmer.

B.J.: I guess I am. Maybe that’s part of the reason I was successful onstage. She really didn’t know about me. She thought I had a song called “Uptown Girl” and “Only the Good Die Young.” That’s all she knew. She thought I was a one-hit-wonder kind of guy.

A.G.: Is it true that the same day you met her, you took her to your Broadway show?

B.J.: Yes, she was in the city with some friends from college, and I took her out to dinner .

11. JDDaBadAhz

JDDaBadAhz Active Member

Reputations:
    How bout that goddamn tunafish guy? That's the stupidest booking I can think of.

12. Bye You!

Bye You! The n word guy Gold

Reputations:
    He's always had that kid on, from back when he was a snotty billionaire 15 year old.

13. Rocinante

Rocinante Well-Endowed Member Gold

Reputations:
    He booked Steve Rossi because old friends of the show come first. Ape face also booked Judy Tenuta over Madonna.

14. The Cocksman

The Cocksman Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  15. Eddie Blake

Eddie Blake I love guns and cum Banned User

Reputations:
    [video=youtube;NSdj2S6dkI8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSdj2S6dkI8[/video]

16. MutteringJohn

MutteringJohn Well-Known Member

Reputations:

[video=youtube;FKmjlhAxcUg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKmjlhAxcUg[/video]