Something I actually agree with-Movie Thearters are crap.

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Woof, Jul 23, 2012.

1. Woof

Woof Liver Shots? VIP

Reputations:
    Without taking the unfortunate events in Colorado into consideration,I do agree with Howie and Jason.Going to the movies with a lot of other people is CRAP and if the studios are smart they better fast track any workable model to show top films to the paying consumers homes.

People are fucking Dirt-bags who cant SHUT THEIR FUCKING MOUTHS.

Or even still,provide a service where I can wear headphones without listening to ignorant loudmouth rejects.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2012
  2. Sickboy

Sickboy Latverian Monarch

Reputations:
    Turn on your spellcheck.

3. BenBas

BenBas Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Yep..I agree!!! But I usually just move if there's an asshole talking or
    eating food and making me sick :facepalm:
    If the theater isn't packed....then just move!!!

I was sooooo impressed that Howard opened the show this morning
    voicing his opinion on bringing CHILDREN to a midnight showing of a violent movie!!
    AND AN INFANT !

This poor 6yr old girl was killed....the infant was shot but survived! There were alot of kids and teens at this midnight viewing....
    INSANE people!!!
    I agree with his comments today!!

I guess it's a whole new generation....I was in bed at midnight when I was 6yrs old...safe in bed!!
    AND we had 11pm curfews when teenagers!

So I'm glad Howard spoke up because I didn't hear ONE PERSON on the news
    address this......
    only Howard!!

oh...and I'm glad he said what he said about Obama & Romney! They never have an opinion on what they will do against Assault weapons....
    all they say is "bullshit" and "let's pray"...instead of doing something!!!

Thank You ,, Howard! for speaking out against assault weapons!!!
    AND making sense!!

peace & love

4. slab0meat

slab0meat negative creep

Reputations:
    Me loves the use of "there"

5. Wesmantooth

Wesmantooth VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    meh its rare that I am near any annoying fuckers at a flick then again I dont go to theaters that many of the bleaks go for just that reason

6. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    Not a terrible idea there.

I just wait a few months and watch it for about $3 instead of $20 (plus that much again for $1 worth of popcorn and drinks). I can piss when I need to and pause the flick. I can rewind and hear something I missed. I've never understood the impatience to see a film. You're going to go stand in line at midnight to watch a comic book movie and deal with the human maggotry that is modern day America? The last time I went I got to enjoy the light from some teenage girl's texting in front of me through the movie.

PS. When I saw the last Hannibal Lector flick it was the scene where he's eating the guy's open brain and I look over and there's a couple with an infant and a toddler standing on the seat watching it go down.

7. Douchebag 007

Douchebag 007 New Member

Reputations:
    how do i turn in OP to the FBI?

8. Herc

Herc New Member

Reputations:
    Just wait a month for a good TS and download it illegally . . .

9. Douchebag 007

Douchebag 007 New Member

Reputations:
    WHERE THE FUCK is MY COPY OF CABIN IN THE WOODS THEN?!?!?!?!?!?

10. Herc

Herc New Member

Reputations:
    lol

11. telecaster

telecaster Get Yer Ya Ya's Out

Reputations:
    Going to the movies is a great experience if you want to prove to yourself that people are fucking assholes. Talking through the movie, cramming popcorn in their faces and smacking away, texting, bringing screaming brats (to an R rated movie, no less) and one of my favorites is when people sit directly behind you in an empty movie theatre. Humanity at its worst.

12. Herc

Herc New Member

Reputations:
    If I drive 15 - 20 minutes on the highway. I hit another town. And a low income community. Movies are dirt cheap there $5.50. But the only downside is that the theater is old and their alot of scary minorities with their smelly food that they smuggle in. Not to mention all the talking in a foreign language during the movie and babies crying . . .

I saw dude once bring in a cooler on wheels and break out the silverware. Some sort of curry dish with beans and rice. Then he broke out a 2L coke and plastic cups and started pouring it out to his son and wife . . .

P.S. 3D movies are $8.50, but there is no IMAX theater there . . .

Last edited: Jul 24, 2012
  13. Herc

Herc New Member

Reputations:
    Everywhere else the theater rate is $12.50 regular movie, $15.00 3D & IMAX. $25 VIP. VIP is where you reserve your seat, they bring you your food (Fancier food too), and you can get alcohol as well . . .

14. Herc

Herc New Member

Reputations:
    Teenagers and Mothers with babies are the worst. Teens trying to impress some little twat into blowing them. And welfare mothers who can't afford to hire a babysitter but want to ruin your day by bringing their little bastard with them. They should be exiled from all cinemas I say . . .

15. MutteringJohn

MutteringJohn Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I stopped going to theaters 10 years ago. I just can't deal with the idiots. You can be sitting in an empty theater with 15 people in it and anyone who comes in late will seek out seats where your sitting and start talking. There is actually a psychological reason for this. People want to cluster near other people. It really makes no sense. You would think people who enter an empty theater would want their own space.

16. Scott

Scott Masshole Staff Member

Reputations:
    The only theater I go to is my home theater. If I can wait my whole life for a movie to come out, I can wait another 3 months and watch it in the safety and comfort of my home, with my remote in my hand.

17. DogStar69

DogStar69 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Howard hasn't been to a regular theater that was not a premier or private screening in 20 years, plus he has a home theater in NYC and the Hamptons and it must be amazing because he makes fun of BabaMonkey's.

18. Herc

Herc New Member

Reputations:
    The newest everyman lie that he told was that he actually went to a theater to see "The Avengers". Sure Wiggy. We believe you . . .

19. MutteringJohn

MutteringJohn Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Howard has a hundred inch screen in his Penthouse. I would drool to see the set up he has in the Hamptons.

20. Herc

Herc New Member

Reputations:
    State of the art 75 - 100 seat 3D movie theater perhaps (With popcorn machine, concession stand with all sorts of candy, clear fridge with all types of non-alcoholic and alcoholic drinks) . . .

I would guess it's near the 2 lane bowling alley and wine cellar with tasting room. In the basement that is . . .

Last edited: Jul 24, 2012