WTF Something very disturbing that I probably shouldn't have gotten involved in.

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Robert Higgins, Jun 14, 2016.

1. Robert Higgins

Robert Higgins Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I was shopping at the local Stop and Shop this morning, because I'm off today.

While I was walking the aisles just getting my stuff I came up on this mother, maybe early 40's, freaking out on her little son, maybe 5 or so. It seemed to me, once I started paying more attention, that the kid was only doing kid stuff, running up and down the aisle, touching stuff on the shelfs, making a general 5 year old ruckus.

Well the woman was yelling at the kid pretty good to stop. No big deal. But then all of a sudden starts flipping out on him really cursing up a storm. "You little asshole, you fucking bastard, you shithead" stuff like that.

Still I had no intention of getting involved because, well it's generally none of my business, plus I was called way worse when I was a kid.

All of a sudden the mother hits the kid real hard (for hitting a 5 year old) a couple of times once in the face and once on the back.

By this time I'm about 10 feet away and couldn't help myself.

I said to the shitty woman "Hey, don't do that. Leave hime alone!"

She says something like "mind your own business, it's my kid." But way aggressive and enraged.

I said to her "if you touch him again I'll call the cops."

She went off on me with a string of expletives and yelling and grabbed the little boy by the arm, who was crying a lot by now, and hurried out of the store.

By this time someone who was I think the store manager was coming up the aisle because of all the comotion and asked me what happened. He went and asked a bunch of people who worked there if they saw who she was or knew her, which apparently nobody did.

I suggested he call the cops and if he didn't I would let everyone I know in town know what happened in his store, while he did nothing.

He said that there was nothing they could do because they didn't know who she was and the security cameras weren't in that section of the store.

I kind of wish I would have recorded it on my iPhone but I didn't. So essentially the woman just left to, I'm sure, abuse her child another time.

Anyone here ever come across a situation where you got involved?

Thank you, I'll take my answer off the air.

2. agnes

agnes Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Depending on the state she is legally allowed to do that

"probably shouldn't have gotten involved"

Hough likes this.
  3. AmishGirl

AmishGirl Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    You did all you could. :console:

4. Rabid Dogman

Rabid Dogman Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    MYOB, pal

5. Phil McKrakin

Phil McKrakin AKA Howie POTY The Bar VIP

Reputations:
    You little bitch...

Bababoey31, JameGumb and GIRLY like this.
  6. Divorce Chicken

Divorce Chicken white punk on dope VIP

Reputations:
    That's heartbreaking right there. Because, you know it's worse at home.

rogmar, Guacamole, hypo666 and 18 others like this.
  7. Pelicanman

Pelicanman Engorged Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    You sound like a busy-body.

8. Lance Murdock

Lance Murdock Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    You came to the shed for advice on this issue?

Guacamole, Mulletude, lisac37 and 2 others like this.
  9. RenchFries

RenchFries Official Dawgshed Dutch representative Gold

Reputations:
    You should had helped her beating the kid if he was being really bad :grad:

10. RenchFries

RenchFries Official Dawgshed Dutch representative Gold

Reputations:
  11. AmishGirl

AmishGirl Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Seems like everything's one extreme to the other these days - either the parents are praising the kids for every little thing, or they berate them for breathing.

LaserT, babybear, bill and 2 others like this.
  12. buried20kleague

buried20kleague Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:

Seems a little strong that you demand THEY call the cops or you'd spread info about what happened there. You're the one that saw it. Because it took place in their store doesn't make them responsible or a bad place to patronize as a customer.

If you're going to get involved as you did and felt strongly enough that police needed to be called, then why wouldn't YOU make the call? You'd be critical as a witness to the scene anyway.

13. Captain

Captain Alto, Blanco y Guapo Gold

Reputations:
    1/2 the states (including mine, Cali) have outlawed corporal punishment. So if you were in Cali, that would be battery. Period. And battery is a crime. Moreover, even in states that still permit parental discipline of the type described, most incorporate federal standards that outlaw "emotional" abuse. What you witnessed probably would count as just that. In short, you did the right thing. The store obviously did not want to get involved.

Tigger Please and reno like this.
  14. stash

stash 2017 Kimbra of All Media VIP

Reputations:
    too long, just skimmed and read replies :ucoffee:

Slow likes this.
  15. gwartney

gwartney Unafilliated Gold

Reputations:
    You had good intentions. I don't know what else you could have done.

16. codeine

codeine Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Good for you. I always mind my own business but if I seen what you did I definitely would have said something. And yes, very sad because this kid probably gets it way worse at home. I was badly abused by my Mom. She definitely wasn't mother of the year. You should never beat a 5 year old child. I swear, I wonder why these people have children if you don't want to raise them and teach them. They choose to be bothered by them and beat them without teaching them what they did wrong.

You should have to pass a test to have children in this country.

kingship, LaserT, Pill Queen and 6 others like this.
  17. Winston Leg-Thigh

Winston Leg-Thigh Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  18. Robert Higgins

Robert Higgins Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:

It went through my mind but then I thought what are the cops going to do after the fact. I don't know who the woman is and nobody else was a witness to the incident.

EDIT--plus fuck 'em. I hate that store anyway. Their produce is always old and borderline rotten.

19. Donkeyboy2190

Donkeyboy2190 Never earned a dimes

Reputations:
    Why was it management responsibilities to call 911? You could have done it in seconds.

Craignor, Savryn, stanggirl and 2 others like this.
  20. kingofallmessicans

kingofallmessicans Sandy Cunt

Reputations:
    I was working in a real shitty area about a month ago. There's a recovery house across the street that has 25 bedrooms and puts two "former" addicts to a room. There's usually a dude slanging on the street, and today it was a dude wearing a weed-logo jacket. He's doing his thing, and he gets approached by a young mother, baby in a stroller, and a kid that looks to be about 5 holding her other hand. I can hear she's bitching him out. He starts to walk away, and she continues to go off on him. I hear her calling him a piece of shit, but not much else. When he gets to the corner, he's finally had enough, stops, and cocks his arm back to smack her. She flinches, he laughs, and says, "fuck off bitch." The woman is stunned, just standing there, and the 5 year old holding her hand begins to cry loudly. The cry seems to take her out of her trance, and she smacks the SHIT out of this kid, open handed at the back of his head, and tells him to shut the fuck up, and drags his arm and she rushes down the street, away from the drug dealer.

I never felt more helpless in my entire life. That kid... that's his mother, maybe his father. This is what that kid is being raised in. Not a damn thing I could do, but I so wanted to give that kid a toy and tell him that that wasn't life. Life isn't like that. But that would be a lie, until child services removes him, that will be life for that child.