Sony hacking about to get interesting again......

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Shithead, Jan 22, 2015.

1. Shithead

Shithead Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Sony Music execs bracing for a new wave of leaked emails
    By Stephanie Smith and Ian Mohr

January 21, 2015 | 9:18pm

Modal Trigger
    [​IMG]
    Artists on Sony labels include Beyoncé (above), Coldplay and David Bowie. Photo: FilmMagic

Top executives at Sony Music are bracing for more embarrassing e-mails to leak as part of the Sony hack after their boss — Sony Entertainment CEO Michael Lynton — called to offer a “blanket apology” in advance of any details that come out, sources exclusively tell Page Six.

Industry sources further tell us Sony Music brass are particularly concerned about details of artists’ contracts, including live performance riders, being made public in a new wave of released e-mails.

Sony Music’s remained relatively unscathed in the hacking scandal that’s consumed its movie division, stemming from the Kim Jong-un assassination comedy “The Interview.” But recently leaked e-mails reflected that Sony Music and Lynton were working on a “top-secret project” late last year to potentially sell off music publishing division Sony/ATV. Lynton and Sony/ATV head Martin Bandier denied last week the division’s for sale.

But then, “Lynton called a number of department heads within Sony, including Marty and [Sony Music CEO] Doug Morris to give a blanket apology in advance for whatever else comes out,” a source told Page Six.

Another insider added that Sony Music execs are now “really stressed their stuff is going to get leaked,” including, “information on salaries and artists’ recording contracts.” “There’s definitely nervous energy,” the source said.

But a source close to Sony insisted that Lynton “did not make a blanket apology . . . He called [only] two top executives about a couple of very specific issues.”

Artists signed to Sony labels include Beyoncé, David Bowie, Meghan Trainor, Barbra Streisand, Adele and Bruce Springsteen. One other hot artist who’s made headlines is Epic Records rapper Bobby Shmurda, who was signed last summer but was then hit with drug and firearm charges to which he has pleaded not guilty.

Page Six previously reported that decisions to renew Bandier and Morris’ contracts will happen this year and, a source said, the music group houses “three or four of the highest-paid executives in all of Sony.” A Sony rep had no comment.

2. reno

reno VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    This is much worse than 9-11 according to Howard.

3. Beth143nacho

Beth143nacho Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Aside from tour management, why do record labels exist again? Hire a studio and sell your shit over the knternet

4. RenchFries

RenchFries Official Dawgshed Dutch representative Gold

Reputations:
    Now that would be interesting.

I wonder what those people make.

SternsEgo likes this.
  5. boognishstern

boognishstern Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    in this age i think a subscription service to a band or label would be an interesting route ala jack whites third man label. the days of grand albums seem to be over. the songs/singles, unfortunately, are just promotion for tours. i sure do miss record stores in every mall.

Thikken Vaney and rockstarhair like this.
  6. Honkey Donkey

Honkey Donkey Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I heard there is an email from Springteen that says fuck the poor .

7. Finns Wake

Finns Wake Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I like the concept of the preemptive, blanket apology. I may send one out at work today to everybody that I work for or that works for me. Something along the lines of "I sincerely regret if any of my words or actions have caused or will cause any offense at any point, ever. Thank you and carry on."

8. Scott

Scott Masshole Staff Member

Reputations:
    They still supply radio program directors and club DJs with coke and whores to play their music. Just not on the same scale as they used to.

Omen likes this.
  9. Nick Mondo

Nick Mondo VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    More Fappening, less sony faggotry

10. yaddc

yaddc Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    That would be funny if true.

SternsEgo likes this.
  11. broccoli rob

broccoli rob thanks for the memories DW3

Reputations:
    SternsEgo likes this.
  12. SomerSky

SomerSky Obsessed with what I hate Banned User

Reputations:
    Kelly Osbourne can sing????

SternsEgo and broccoli rob like this.
  13. Rescued Owl

Rescued Owl VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    If the Sony exec's would have used Lotus notes and none of this would have happened.

Honkey Donkey and SternsEgo like this.