'I'm done with it': Pink Floyd guitarist Dave Gilmour insists rock legends will never reform BY Laurie Hanna NEW YORK DAILY NEWS Thursday, August 13, 2015, 7:42 AM Dave M. Benett/Getty Images David Gilmour said it would be 'fakery' if Pink Floyd were to reunite. Pink Floyd legend David Gilmour has insisted the band will never get back together, insisting he was “done” with the group. The 69-year-old guitarist — who last shared a stage with surviving bandmates Nick Mason and Roger Waters in 2011 — said any further reunion saying would be “fakery." The rock veteran spoke fondly of his time with ex-bandmates Nick Mason, Roger Waters and the late Rick Wright but says he wants to do his own thing “I’m done with it. I’ve had 48 years in Pink Floyd — quite a few of those years at the beginning, with Roger," reported the Daily Mirror. “And those years in what is now considered to be our heyday were 95 percent musically fulfilling and joyous and full of fun and laughter. “And I certainly don’t want to let the other 5 percent colour my view of what was a long and fantastic time together. “But it has run its course, we are done — and it would be fakery to go back and do it again.” The group’s keyboard player Rick Wright passed away in 2009, and Gilmour added: “To do it without Rick would just be wrong.” “I’m all for Roger doing whatever he wants to do and enjoying himself and getting the joy he must have had out of those ‘Wall’ shows. I’m at peace with all of these things. GAB Archive/Redferns From left, Rick Wright, David Gilmour, Nick Mason and Roger Waters of Pink Floyd. “But I absolutely don’t want to go back. I don’t want to go and play stadiums ... under the [Floyd] banner. I’m free to do exactly what I want to do and how I want to do it. “I don’t know if it’s as good as Pink Floyd or worse than Pink Floyd or better than Pink Floyd. I don’t give a s***. It’s what I want to do, and it’s what I will do.” In an outspoken interview, Gilmour went on say that the band are just a “pop group." He continued: “Obviously I accept there are people who want to go and see and hear this legend that was Pink Floyd, but I’m afraid that’s not my responsibility. Douglas Mason/Getty Images Roger Waters of Pink Floyd performs in July during the Newport Folk Festival. “To me, it’s just two words that tie together the work that four people did together. It’s just a pop group. I don’t need it. I don’t need to go there. “I’m not being coy or difficult — I just think that at my age I should do whatever I really want to do in life.” The group’s final performance as Pink Floyd was at the Live 8 benefit concert in London in 2005.