Sour Shoes/ Steve Langford call

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by imissalison, Feb 10, 2012.

1. imissalison

imissalison f**k Mutt

Reputations:
    So, I haven't heard the Sour Shoes prank call on Langford since Steve left the show. Am I imagining it, or missed it? Definitely one of the finest pieces of work to come out of the show in the Sirius years. So, is it because Steve somehow dissed Howard and wanted more $ or a better career path? Is one of my favorite pranks now dead in the eyes of Hampton Howie?

"It's against the laww"

2. Spazzmatazz

Spazzmatazz Band Member Banned User

Reputations:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2014
  3. Pigsaw

Pigsaw Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    You should know the rules by now. If you leave the show by choice you become persona non grata in Howard's world.

Stuttering John, Billy West, Jackie, Steve Langford etc. All no longer exist because they "betrayed" Howard by leaving him. Plus we all know Howchie has abandonment issues.

4. mattyfishrip197

mattyfishrip197 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    yep...he says he is all for guys making extra money and their plugs....as long as he has control of it...and its on his show...

fuck howard

5. Big Biscuit

Big Biscuit Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    What's always bugged me about Sour is that you just know he probably does a dead on Stern impression and "ol' fragile ego" won't let him do it on the air. It's like with the IQ test, that bit would have been 100 times better if the "Holy Trinity" had taken the test. But remember, KOAM is the only one who understands what it takes to make "good radio" and we lemmings just need to shut up and follow along.

6. Hamptons Ranger

Hamptons Ranger Active Member

Reputations:
    That is great stuff. :)

7. WillyBest

WillyBest Achiever Gold

Reputations:
    Exactly. The IQ test was the lamest bit ever when it became just off-air people who worked in the back office. It would have been great if the three main people took it and we could finally see if Fred is as smart as he claims or if Win Fred's Money is also fixed!

I forget: did Baba Booey take it or not?

8. jyanks

jyanks Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Of course not! And he's very quick to throw the results in people's faces. He did it to Sal the other day.

9. telecaster

telecaster Get Yer Ya Ya's Out

Reputations:
    Gary did take the IQ test he came in third or fourth I believe....I know Will came in first, then I think it was Hein...then Booey or DePace, I could be wrong but I think thats how it went down. The best result was how dumb Bobo is.

10. Wonder Trash

Wonder Trash Active Member

Reputations:
    At 2:17 Howard starts saying that Sour Shoes would follow him around and pester him with his nonsense, then says he pulled him aside and told him to stop. I wonder how much of that is truth.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2012