News South Dakota Passes Bill To Require Students To Use Bathroom Of Birth Sex

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by BethSucks, Feb 17, 2016.

1. BethSucks

BethSucks Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reputations:
    Transgender bathroom bill passes through South Dakota Legislature
    PIERRE, S.D. – South Dakota would be the first state in the U.S. to approve a law requiring transgender students to use bathrooms and locker rooms that correspond to their sex at birth if the governor signs a bill passed Tuesday by the state Senate.

The Senate voted 20-15 to send the bill to Republican Gov. Dennis Daugaard, who initially responded positively to the measure but said last week he'd need to study it more before making a decision.

Advocates say the bill is meant to protect the privacy of students, but opponents say it discriminates against vulnerable adolescents.

Under the plan, schools would have to provide a "reasonable accommodation" for transgender students, such as a single-occupancy bathroom or the "controlled use" of a staff-designated restroom, locker room or shower room.

Republican Sen. David Omdahl urged other legislators Tuesday to support the bill to "preserve the innocence of our young people."

Democratic lawmakers and some Republicans unsuccessfully opposed the measure in the Senate.

The American Civil Liberties Union of South Dakota and Human Rights Campaign have been vocal in their opposition to the measure and have called on Daugaard to veto the legislation.

"History has never looked kindly upon those who attack the basic civil rights of their fellow Americans, and history will not treat kindly those who support this discriminatory measure," Chad Griffin, the president of the LGBT-rights organization Human Rights Campaign, said in a statement Tuesday.

Transgender advocates have also criticized comments made by some lawmakers, including Omdahl, about transgender people.

"I'm sorry if you're so twisted you don't know who you are," Omdahl said at a recent event when asked about the bill. "I'm telling you right now, it's about protecting the kids, and I don't even understand where our society is these days."

Several states have looked at addressing gender and public facilities in the past several years. But South Dakota would be the first state in the nation to put such a measure into law, said Joellen Kralik, a research analyst at the National Conference of State Legislatures.

The Legislature's passage of the bill is "shocking," said Thomas Lewis, a transgender student in his senior year at Lincoln High School in Sioux Falls, the state's most populous city.

"At this point, I'm hoping that the governor has a sense of humanity and the common sense not to write this bill into law," said Lewis, who is planning to attend college in Minnesota. "I am so glad to be leaving soon. I can escape the oppression that my home state wants to put on me."

Supporters say South Dakota's plan is a response to changes in the Obama administration's interpretation of the federal Title IX anti-discrimination law related to education. Federal officials have said that barring students from restrooms that match their gender identity is prohibited under Title IX.

ljc likes this.
  2. LawyerLarry

LawyerLarry Mr. Fuckmoney in the Bank VIP

Reputations:
    Thanks Obama.

Mike Huntslooce, JustLurking and ljc like this.
  3. TallTyrion

TallTyrion Triggered like a mofo VIP

Reputations:
    let's just have one big fucking bathroom for everybody.

Chatsworth, goldtopper, ljc and 3 others like this.
  4. Mark Mayonnaise

Mark Mayonnaise You look like a tree! VIP

Reputations:
    I sharted twice last week

5. Stretch5000

Stretch5000 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Meanwhile in Seattle....

Seattle man in women's locker room cites gender rule

Seattle Parks and Recreation is facing a first-of-a-kind challenge to gender bathroom rules. A man undressed in a women's locker room, citing a new state rule that allows people to choose a bathroom based on gender identity.

It was a busy time at Evans Pool around 5:30pm Monday February 8. The pool was open for lap swim. According to Seattle Parks and Recreation, a man wearing board shorts entered the women's locker room and took off his shirt. Women alerted staff, who told the man to leave, but he said "the law has changed and I have a right to be here."

"Really bizarre," MaryAnne Sato said. "I can't imagine why they would want to do that anyway!"

Sato uses the locker room a few times a week, but she says this is a first for her. It's also a first for Seattle Parks and Recreation. Employees report that the man made no verbal or physical attempt to identify as a woman, yet he still cited a new rule that allows bathroom choice based on gender identification.

The issue drew protesters from both sides to Olympia on Monday. Opponents claim the rule opens up bathrooms to voyeurs but supporters say that's an unrealistic fear.

READ: Protesters clash over WA transgender rule

No one was arrested in this case and police weren't called, even though the man returned a second time while young girls were changing for swim practice.

"Sort of works against the point they're trying to make. They're causing people to feel exposed and vulnerable with the intention of reducing people feeling exposed and vulnerable," said pool regular Aldan Shank.

The man's protest, if that's what it was, hurts the greater cause, Shank says.

As far as policy to protect everyone, Seattle Parks spokesman David Takami says they're still working on the issue. Right now, there's no specific protocol for how someone should demonstrate their gender in order to access a bathroom. Employees just rely on verbal identification or physical appearance, and this man offered neither.

READ: Wash. Senate bill would reverse transgender bathroom rule

"This didn’t seem like a transgender issue to staff – someone who was “identifying” as a woman," Takami wrote in a statement to KING 5. "We have guidelines that allow transgender individuals to use restrooms and locker rooms consistent with their gender identity. We want everyone to feel comfortable in our facilities."

http://www.krem.com/news/local/northwest/man-in-womens-locker-room-cites-gender-rule/45412534

South Dakota is wise to avoid all this nonsense, even if there's only 1 tranny between them and North Dakota.

6. Divorce Chicken

Divorce Chicken white punk on dope VIP

Reputations:
    They have bathrooms in South Dakota?
    [​IMG]

7. DTF296

DTF296 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    They also sell portable shitters for those people who are on the go.
    [​IMG]

8. Murcielago

Murcielago Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast

Reputations:
    The next step is some dude taking out a camera in there so he can document any potential oppression he might suffer.

9. sstressed

sstressed enhancement toker VIP

Reputations:
    the left knows what's best! some homosessual wants to be a girl, shazamm! he's a girl. :yay:

fucking loons! :)

10. R.P. McMurphy

R.P. McMurphy Well-Known Member

Reputations:

...aww jesus man i may have to sell this place and move to where people are happy that its not california. so this assholes defense is the state cant say whats inside his head and he feels more comfortable making wee wee tinkle while he sits rather than stands. i cant wait for the parent of one of those small kids goes into the bathroom and beats the bullshit out of this sick fuck.

Mike Huntslooce likes this.
  11. SuperFarts

SuperFarts Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

scoobyla likes this.
  12. Howchilla

Howchilla VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    On my scale of 'Giving a Fuck', where people go to piss and shit ranks pretty low.

13. FSFN

FSFN Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    If I see that anywhere, I'm pissing or shitting right there on the floor.

Mike Huntslooce and Stag like this.
  14. Divorce Chicken

Divorce Chicken white punk on dope VIP

Reputations:
    Until some perv flashes your teenage daughter.

cg256 and Mike Huntslooce like this.
  15. Who-Me?

Who-Me? Active Member

Reputations:
  16. Tim

Tim ty dawg for gold! Gold

Reputations:
    $20 trillion dollars in debt and there are people in this country who unironically care about this

It can't be more than 0.10% of the country's population who are transgender. If that

Asshat likes this.
  17. Tipsey Russell

Tipsey Russell VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:

it's called Detroit

this seemed funnier in my head

18. TallTyrion

TallTyrion Triggered like a mofo VIP

Reputations:
    Ironically, Detroit isn't clean enough to be a public restroom.

19. Mlaw

Mlaw Quite Contrarian Gold

Reputations:
    This kind of problem can be addressed pretty simply. If you legitimately identify as a particular gender, you have to provide a state issued ID showing that. DONE and Done

20. scoobyla

scoobyla Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    i thought they were for less regulation :dontknow: