Speaking of HUGE life changes...

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by TheWonk, Oct 14, 2014.

1. TheWonk

TheWonk POTY Music Forum Gold

Reputations:
    I'll start off with a huge WAHHHHHH because I don't usually post shit like this.
    :artiejj:

Fuck you, short dick Artie.

Now, I recently moved from Philly back to the San Fran area. Been struggling for 2 months but I'd found a temp place to stay. Very pricey at $300 a week. I've been going out on interviews and looking for work since I got here. My dream has always been to make a living with music, teaching, playing, performing. So after 15+ of shit office jobs in PA I decided to stick to my guns here and try to do what I really have a passion for. Which might be stupid since I could've gotten a similar shit job once I got here and at least have made a crappy living. But I'd probably have spent the next 20 years just as broke and miserable anyway.

Now this week things start coming together. I get a call from a school I applied at saying I got approved to start next week. Problem is, it's almost 2 hours away in the East Bay (where I'd been planning to live once I got settled).
    I'll skip a lot of (even more) boring shit and just say that today I found a great room for rent about 1/2 hour from where I'd be working. Problem is I'm about tapped out. Not even enough money left for the deposit/first/last deal.

My ex in Philly fucked up my credit rating after we split (I didn't realize she had my social security # and kept applying for credit cards after I moved) and I am just strapped. Probably will be homeless in 2 weeks. It makes me sick that I'm letting a great opportunity go by, something I'd been wanting for the last 20 years, because some bitch made it so I can't even have a credit card to take out some $ or apply for a loan, especially when my credit rating used to be great back in the day.

Tomorrow is kind of "D-day" as far as making a decision or just losing the place I'm trying to get into (and possibly the job). Aside from hanging myself does anyone here have any advice when it comes to getting a loan, maybe from a loan shark who'll break my legs or something?

2. Dick Nipaolo

Dick Nipaolo Inconsequential human

Reputations:
    Can you nail her for fraud? We're you guys married? Loan sharks are crazy motherfucks. So personally, I would try and avoid that route. But at the same time. Doing it legit is just a bitch and a half.. So I'm not real sure..

And i don't want you to hang yourself, for the record.

3. Onehourphoto

Onehourphoto Maverick Gold

Reputations:
    Suck it up Buttercup.

or to use an overused sports cliche....pain is temporary, glory last forever.

Don't blame anyone else or use that as excuse.

if it means driving 2 hours each way for a little while until you can bank some money, then do it.

if you have to crash at some flea bag motel that is closer, then do it.

find a part time job on weekends, then do it

4. Mike2077

Mike2077 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    You moved to the most expensive place in the country. I from Refwood City (about 15 min south of San Francisco on the peninsula). I was paying 1800.00 for a 1 bedroom apt. Had to get the fuck out if there. Good luck.

1Vegasgirl likes this.
  5. 1Vegasgirl

1Vegasgirl Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Do you have a reliable car? Make it to the job. Sounds like this is a one day at a time thing.

smichal, TheWonk, Thedomina and 4 others like this.
  6. jersery

jersery Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    How is your shit post Stern related? Sounds like you need a therapist. You're a failure. Move back to momma.

7. Big Bad Booey

Big Bad Booey Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Sounds like you need a cock to suck on.

8. jersery

jersery Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    What exactly are you suggesting?

9. Birddog

Birddog Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Take the job, save some cash. Live in your car if you have to. It will only add to the legend. Good luck.

10. Wesmantooth

Wesmantooth VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    if you have the room in your rental I woudl seriously suggest becoming a foster parent to several or more wonderful kittens. WHo needs a job when you can have kittens?

11. SwingOnThis

SwingOnThis Active Member

Reputations:
    Just post your paypal details and i'll be sure to send a donation so you can realize your dream of teaching music to little kids that don't give a fuck.

12. 1Vegasgirl

Reputations:
    Shocking that you have no reps.:ublob::ucoffee:

smichal, Pooh bear, TheWonk and 3 others like this.
  13. 1Vegasgirl

Reputations:
    Stern isn't Stern related anymore.

14. AllAboutHim Ed

AllAboutHim Ed #mypurpose VIP

Reputations:
    Put a fraud alert on your credit file and file a police report. You must get that shit off your credit.

Join a Y or gym where you can shit, shower and shave and live in your car until you can afford a place. I did this while ski bumming in sub zero temps so it should be a piece of cake in SF.

Even better, if you're renting a room, there may be some flexibility in the lease terms. Ask the owner to be flexible and show him/her the job offer and say you can get the security deposit and last months rent to him in the coming months.

smichal, TheWonk, meanredhed and 4 others like this.
  15. DogStar69

DogStar69 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    You were a dummy to move somewhere without saving at least 1 years rent. Plus you moved some place without a job. Good luck, don't become homeless.

Dreamking likes this.
  16. CrucifiedAGT

CrucifiedAGT He's Around VIP

Reputations:
    Well, he probably cant afford a place with 7 or more chimneys, but Im sure he can find a simple starter place with only 4 chimneys, and work his way up from there after some coupon clipping.

smichal, 1Vegasgirl and Wesmantooth like this.
  17. Mlaw

Mlaw Quite Contrarian Gold

Reputations:
    If your ex really did that then file criminal charges for identity theft. What u claim she did is illegal. AND a violation of any divorce agreement if u were married.

But it sounds to me that you really have no skills or talent, otherwise you would have been able to make it where ever you were. Plenty of people get along just fine without credit

TheWonk likes this.
  18. CrucifiedAGT

CrucifiedAGT He's Around VIP

Reputations:
    While this was said in the cuntiest way possible, she does have a point. The ex committed fraud and should be held accountable.

The OP needs to get any kind of job, live below his means, and focus on living only on cash going forward. Credit ratings are for chumps who don't understand that you are supposed to fucking live below your paycheck. Debt is slavery, savings is freedom.

There are some excellent suggestions in this thread to help live a debt free lifestyle. Yes, its not a place with a bowling alley, but that's life.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2014
    TheWonk likes this.
  19. TallTyrion

TallTyrion Triggered like a mofo VIP

Reputations:
    if you are a veteran, you might have some options.

20. Mlaw

Mlaw Quite Contrarian Gold

Reputations:
    Given that the OP has been nothing but a cunt to me, I was quite restrained