Spent 20 mins waiting for SXM customer support

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by SternsEgo, Oct 29, 2015.

1. SternsEgo

SternsEgo Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    And got someone who speaks perfect english :yes:

Think I might go buy a lotto ticket, I feel pretty lucky today.

bdbx18, 1Vegasgirl and reno like this.
  2. Joe Bauers

Joe Bauers Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Did you tell them to Fuck off ? :)

1Vegasgirl, reno and SternsEgo like this.
  3. SternsEgo

Reputations:
    I was so taken back that they weren't from india I didn't know what to say. I just made sure to cancel the sxm in the last 2 cars that I owned.

4. Jake Dog

Jake Dog Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    You better verify that they did indeed cancel for you. They told me that they cancelled mine a few years ago and I was still getting billed.

SternsEgo likes this.
  5. SternsEgo

Reputations:
    Last time I called, they just passed the phone around connecting me from one department to the next, I had to hang up cause I had to go. The guy told me he only listens on the internet, no one cares about car receivers. The XM antennas are a joke, I go by one tree and my signal cuts out for 2 miles.

6. suckemnuckledus

suckemnuckledus Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I called and got Scott Greenstein's personal number. Told him is he removes backspin I will have Al Shaprton and his crew ready for you in the parking lot...pal! he said "sorry about letting Kurtis Blow go but we got the Zulu nation on deck."

So I had to let it slide and gave him mad props.

7. BooeyBanana

BooeyBanana Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I hope you went to cancellation and not customer service....big difference....cancellation dept will give you 5 months for 20 or 6 months for 25... did this last week...the trick is to call one month before your subscription expires..otherwise they will charge your credit card full price...

SternsEgo likes this.
  8. cg256

cg256 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    When I connected my radio when I bought my car I had to speak to an Indian lady. She was pleasant enough but the call dragged on forever it seemed. A lot of repeating information back and me confirming and authorizing. Then I haven't turned on the thing for more than 5 minutes since. I spent more time hooking the service up than I have listening to it so far.

SternsEgo likes this.
  9. SternsEgo

Reputations:

It renewed at the end of august, the guy did the transfers. But I just kept my internet service and upgraded to the opie radio, mainly for opie and jim, $15 a month so I just said eff it and took a full year. As much of radio that I listen to the yearly price aint that bad....I would rather it go to the other staffers, jim north, jay thomas, etc, instead of the world's oldest wig.

10. TSSTaylor

TSSTaylor Active Member

Reputations:
    "Sir, I understand that when you connected your radio when you bought your car you spoke to an Indian lady. She was pleasant enough but the call dragged on forever it seemed. I am sorry they repeated back confirming and authorizing. I realize you haven't turned the radio on for more than 5 minutes. We apologize that you spent more time hooking up the service than you have listened to it" Insert Indian accent robotic manner.

Petal and cg256 like this.
  11. cg256

Reputations:
    I just got a shiver down my spine with the accuracy of this. I'm not even kidding she repeated everything I said almost verbatim and then ended with "Is this correct?", it was fucking unnerving after a few minutes. Then I made the mistake of making sure the service wouldn't be renewed, which I guess in practice was me cancelling my service right after I started it but still having the year on the account, so I had to go through the entire verbal contract type bullshit again. If it wasn't "free" I would have given up.

TSSTaylor likes this.
  12. TSSTaylor

TSSTaylor Active Member

Reputations:
    I don't get for the life of me the idea that companies save money with this crap vs paying someone $10 an hour in the US to do it. I'm fairly certain many call centers that are outsourced get a flat rate per incoming call. Which means that if they disconnect with you and you have to call back the call centers make more money.

I don't hear as many complaints about their customer service as I used to though. But back in say 2004-2005 era all the Americans who worked at Sirius customer service were so excited to talk to people and help them. Those agents are few and far between.

13. cg256

Reputations:
    Call the Spanish language line. Most are hosted by different companies run in the US. Just start speaking English to them, they're all bilingual. Don't tell anyone else though, I like being able to call Comcast every 6 months and tell them to lower my bill or I quit you and be connected and escalated to the retention line which is also staffed by Americans within 5 minutes.

TSSTaylor likes this.
  14. lilbuddy67

lilbuddy67 A man with breath-taking anger management issues Banned User

Reputations:
    I don't like waiting on hold for 20 minutes for things I LIKE.

15. ClumpyStern

ClumpyStern HSS-clean since Dec 2011 VIP

Reputations:
    The other day, one of Judge Judy's litigants was a Sirius/XM Sales Rep. The judge asked her what she earns and the answer was $200/week.

SternsEgo and Scarlett Ohara like this.
  16. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    I wonder how much time the typical user spends on the phone with customer service in a year? Say 10 minutes actually speaking with someone? I don't even do that, but I'm sure some people have other issues to discuss.

With a $15/hour labor burden cost(wages, benefits, etc) , that's $2.50/year. Or about 1% of what the customer pays in a year for the services. I can't imagine it's worth it to piss off legions of customers by making them struggle to understand what Baboo is saying on the other end of the line.

17. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    Part-time job.