Spicy Chips, Cheetos Inflame Your Mouth... And Your Stomach

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by HS Cult Leader, Nov 18, 2013.

1. HS Cult Leader

HS Cult Leader Elite Member Gold

Reputations:
    [h=1]Spicy Chips, Cheetos Inflame Your Mouth... And Your Stomach[/h] By Lecia Bushak | Nov 16, 2013 06:59 PM EDT

[​IMG]

Before you eat that entire bag of Flamin’ Hot Cheetos, be sure you’re aware of the effect it might have on your stomach lining.

Pediatricians across the nation believe that spicy hot Cheetos and other chips are causing plenty of unnecessary emergency room visits. Not only do doctors see kids doubled over with stomach pain after downing several bags of the snacks, but they also see lot of worried parents who believe their child’s stool has blood in it, due to the dark orange and red coloring of the snacks.
    “We have a population who loves to eat the hot, spicy, not-real foods, and they come in [to the emergency room] with these real complaints,†Dr. Martha Rivera of White Memorial Medical Center in Los Angeles told KABC-TV. “[The kids are being] set up for ulcerations, erosions and… peptic ulcer disease.â€
    Andrew Medina, 12, eats bags of spicy snacks — up to 20 or 30 per month. After experiencing stomach pain, he went to see the doctor, who told him the spicy chips were causing gastritis, or inflammation of the stomach lining. Gastritis is associated with bloating, burning, and vomiting. “Like if you have a bruise or something,†Medina explained, according to KABC-TV. “It really hurts a lot.â€
    “A number of patients who have consumed these Cheetos in excess have complained of pain in their upper abdomen, rising up into their chest, likely due to the red peppers and spice contained in the snack,†Dr. Robert Glatter, an emergency medicine physician at Lenox Hill Hospital in New York, told CBS News.

Because Flamin’ Hot Cheetos have become so popular among young people, other snack companies have created spicy products to compete: Hot ‘N Spicy Crunchy Nuggetz, Sizzlin’ Cheese Flavored Twists, and Sizzlin’ Hot Crunchy Kurls, for example.
    Children should avoid eating Flamin’ Hot Cheetos and other processed snacks in large quantities in order to avoid gastritis and other health risks. “It burns when it goes down, it burns when it comes out,†Dr. Rivera told KABC-TV.

http://www.medicaldaily.com/spicy-chips-cheetos-inflame-your-mouth-and-your-stomach-263038

2. markluke

markluke Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Mmmmm...blood in the stool. Doesn't Howard get the same after being with Ralph?

3. knu3421

knu3421 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
  4. FishySausage

FishySausage Original Nuttah VIP Gold

Reputations:
    If you let your kid eat "several" bags of ANY chips, let alone flaming-hot ones, then you're a shitty parent.
    just sayin.

5. MorningSong13

MorningSong13 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Bad news for the blaeks. They love the spicy chips

6. Spazzmatazz

Spazzmatazz Band Member Banned User

Reputations:
    My wife buys me bags of the regular Cheetos because I get munchies.
    My kids are all grown up, they can buy their own munchies...
    Me?
    Shitty parent?
    Nope.