Sponsors pull out of event due to sexist image

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by TSSTaylor, Jun 5, 2014.

1. TSSTaylor

TSSTaylor Active Member

Reputations:
    [​IMG]
    Just in case it wasn't already clear: The rules of the road are changing in tech, long seen as one of the last bastions of chauvinism with a "brogramming" culture.
    Techweek, the four-year-old technology conference in Chicago, joined the hall of shame and was swiftly smacked down for sending out a "Black Tie Rave" party invitation featuring photos of scantily clad women flirting for the camera.
    Several members of its own Tech100 list of noteworthy personalities promptly and publicly shamed Techweek via Twitter and asked to be taken off the list. Among those pulling the plug: Paul Lee, partner at venture fund Lightbank; Brian Fitzpatrick, engineering manager at Google Inc.'s Chicago office; and Harper Reed, CEO of Modest Inc. and former CTO of Obama For America.....

The article is on a subscription service but goes on to say the standard stuff. "We need to" "We take accusations seriously" etc.

The image of the 2 woman was apparently taken at a previous event. Let it be known in order to be less sexist we need to let the women know they can't wear sleeveless shirts and have fun. That's sexist.

http://www.chicagobusiness.com/arti...k-sexism-storm-swirls-crains-ends-sponsorship

2. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    scantily clad?

3. PelicanWig

PelicanWig Beautiful Soup

Reputations:
    this everyone needs to be "publicly shamed" for any and every injustice bullshit needs to stop. we are turning into a society of faggot fucking pussies. oops should i apologize for that? fuck off! fucking sissies everywhere.

4. Nemo

Nemo Beer Can Thick Gold

Reputations:
    But the Benjy gay rape extravaganza is still on right Robin?

5. ohmicah

ohmicah Real Gad About Town

Reputations:
    #enpoweruglywomen

6. newcastlefan

newcastlefan גֵּרְשֹׁם VIP

Reputations:
    ok, i'm in the industry. we're one of the largest tech employers and spenders in the world, and our public products are constantly awarded top marks and awards from all the tech industry pundits, and I don't know anyone who pays to attend this show in any city (and we are forbidden from receiving free tickets, gifts, etc).

I wonder if this isn't a tech show hosted and staged by tech writers and their publishers to promote their publications? most industries have such pseudo-trade shows but most people do not attend unless they are paid to attend.

7. Chatsworth

Chatsworth Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

Ye Sexists!

8. NyMarkNy

NyMarkNy VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Fucking faggot pussy liberals. Please send them to war. They will either die or come back as real men.

9. fletchman71

fletchman71 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    "Respect the cock! And tame the cunt! Tame it! Take it on headfirst with the skills that I will teach you at work and say no! You will not control me! No! You will not take my soul! No! You will not win this game! Because it's a game, guys. You want to think it's not, huh? You want to think it's not? Go back to the schoolyard and you have that crush on big-titted Mary Jane. Respect the cock. You are embedding this thought. I am the one who's in charge. I am the one who says yes! No! Now! Here! Because it's universal, man. It is evolutional. It is anthropological. It is biological. It is animal. We... are... men!"

10. booybob

booybob Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    The Religion of political correctness wins again.

11. Chatsworth

Chatsworth Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    The power that "progressives" have to destroy a life, career or reputation over the slightest utterance is breathtaking and criminal. They are going to take it one step too far and finally unleash a furious backlash.

12. TSSTaylor

TSSTaylor Active Member

Reputations:
    Eventually to eliminate sexism all Men need to tell Women to not act or dress in a sexual way. And force them to do so. And then finally Sexism can be eliminated. :cheer: