Stallone doing Rocky again.

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Morrisb, Jul 26, 2013.

1. Morrisb

Morrisb Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    WHY?! I like the last one. But, even that one was pushing it.

http://www.nme.com/filmandtv/news/sylvester-stallone-to-return-as-rocky-balboa-in-spin-off/314187

Sylvester Stallone is set to play Rocky Balboa for the seventh time in a forthcoming spin-off film called Creed. :facepalm:

The spin-off will focus on the grandson of Apollo Creed, Balboa's friend and longtime boxing rival played by Carl Weathers, who was killed in the ring in Rocky VI. The Wire's Michael B Jordan is "in early talks" to star as the grandson, Deadline reports, and Stallone will reprise his role as Balboa, now a retired fighter-turned-trainer.

Creed's grandson will apparently be portrayed as a young man who enjoyed a privileged upbringing thanks to his grandfather's boxing winnings. Though he has no financial incentive to follow Apollo into the ring, he is blessed with the natural talent to become a heavyweight champion and turns to Balboa for mentorship.

Creed will be co-written and directed by Ryan Coogler, whose debut movie Fruitvale Station - which also stars Michael B Jordan - won the Grand Jury Prize at this year's Sundance Film Festival. Stallone is said to "love" the premise of the spin-off movie and will serve as a producer as well as appearing on screen.

Stallone last played Balboa in 2006's Rocky Balboa, which revived the iconic franchise after a 16-year break. The actor is currently overseeing the transfer of the Rocky stage musical from Hamburg, Germany, where it debuted last November (2012), to Broadway, where it's due to open early next year (2014).

2. LaserT

LaserT You have to have fun. Gold

Reputations:
    The last one was really good and a really good story. Stallone's acting was great too. Rocky V was a complete joke. Hopefully it doesn't regress back to that.

3. RockoBalbono

RockoBalbono Member

Reputations:
    This is the greatest fucking news in the history of mankind, EVER!

4. Murcielago

Murcielago Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast

Reputations:
    Too bad. The last movie wasn't stellar, but it gave the fans a good sendoff for the character.

5. Morrisb

Morrisb Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I know. 2006 they tried to get Carl Weathers and Mr. T. Whatever the hell they're up to, they turned it down.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2013
  6. telecaster

telecaster Get Yer Ya Ya's Out

Reputations:
    I'll be there. Even though this is entering Friday the 13th territory, I'll support Stallone....he won't let us down. I just wish he'd slap that unsupportive cunt Adrienne around every once and awhile so she'd quit nagging at Rocky.

7. Judy Garland

Judy Garland New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Nonsense. Only the original Rocky is worth your viewing time. The rest are some of the most embarrassing cash-ins in film history and helped contribute to the current business model of making the same fucking movie over and over again because the mouth-breathing morons will continue to pay for it.

8. beetlejosh

beetlejosh I got a head that's large Gold

Reputations:
  9. Murcielago

Murcielago Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast

Reputations:
    Read something about that where Mr.T and Dolph Lundgren allowed Stallone to use old footage for the flashback scenes, but Weathers wanted an acting part in the movie. Would have been a slight problem considering the character was dead.