Star Wars Spin-off Will Be a Boba Fett Origin Story

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by boognishstern, May 4, 2015.

1. boognishstern

boognishstern Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    :dj:
    Star Wars Is Definitely Giving Boba Fett His Own Movie, Get The Details

By Brent McKnight[​IMG] 33 minutes ago[​IMG] 6 Comments
    [​IMG]
    Director Josh Trank may have exited the second of the so-called Star Wars anthology films (or he was forced out), but that doesn’t appear to have caused Lucasfilm to pump the brakes at all. Today brings news that the film will tell the origin story of fan-favorite bounty hunter Boba Fett.

According to The Wrap, their sources tell them that the plot does indeed revolve around the notorious villain, supporting one of the rumors that has been making the rounds for months. Since almost the moment these standalone movies were announced, Boba Fett has been one of names most mentioned in conjunction to them. Some thought it was just wishful thinking, but if this does in fact turn out to be true, and we’re talking about Star Wars, so who knows, this news will make a lot of people happy.

Boba Fett is most known as the intergalactic bounty hunter who tracks the Millennium Falcon to Cloud City in The Empire Strikes Back, where Han Solo is captured and frozen in carbonite to be transported to the vile gangster Jabba the Hutt. And we all remember letting out a cheer when he falls into the Sarlacc pit in the next movie, Return of the Jedi. That’s what he gets for being a dick.

A Mandalorian by birth, Boba Fett was trained by his father, Jango Fett, who we first met in Star Wars: Episode II—Attack of the Clones, played by Temura Morrison (who was reportedly hired to play Boba Fett at one point). He travels around the galaxy, doing dirty deeds for the highest bidder, and as you can imagine, living such a life will lead to quite a few stories that could make for exciting movies. Aside from appearing in the films, the character also had a number of adventures in the Expanded Universe, and while Lucasfilm deemed all of that non-canon, it has been stated that those stories could be mined for content. It will be interesting to see if the story we see on screen resembles any that fans have heard before.

Aside from the fact that the second anthology film focuses on Boba Fett, and that it will be an origin story—which likely means we’ll hear casting news about a young Boba Fett eventually—there’s not much in the way of additional details right now. At the moment, you’d think the most pressing issue for the film would be finding a new director now that Josh Trank is gone. That’s not something they necessarily need to rush into, however, as the film isn’t set for release until 2018. They should be able to take their time and make sure they hire the right person for the job. Hell, Gareth Edwards’ Star Wars: Rogue One, the first of the anthology films—reportedly about the theft of the plans for the first Death Star—hasn’t even started shooting yet, so there is time make sure everyone is happy with the choice.

2. cygnus2112

cygnus2112 In The Prep Room

Reputations:
    Oh god.. Why? No more spin-offs..

3. Hugh Blowmont

Hugh Blowmont Just be funny

Reputations:
    Do they go into his experimenting as a young man with homosexuality?

austin54 and shitcunt like this.
  4. Barton Fink

Barton Fink Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    boba fett was cloned, not birthed. also, jango fett was not his father, but rather his genetic duplicate.

5. boognishstern

Reputations:
    we all know Disney's gonna milk this franchise for as many marbles they can get. Bobba Fett, always one of my favorites , so I just hope they do 'em right.

PelicanWig likes this.
  6. Ganggreen87

Ganggreen87 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Disney is gonna beat this franchise with a money stick until they wrong every possible nickle out of it. There is going to be I bet at least a hundred movies on this stuff and spinoffs etc

They better not go cute with dumb kid centric ewok movies or cute droid films either

7. MyLazyHand

MyLazyHand Russia and France Know What to Do

Reputations:
    I just read that Chewbacca's hairstylist will be getting a movie.

8. EmperorsNewCaps

EmperorsNewCaps Member

Reputations:
    Star Wars multi-film universe, baby.

You're all about to witness film society post-Marvel Universe. Enjoy.

PelicanWig likes this.
  9. Murcielago

Murcielago Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast

Reputations:
    Black guy killed his father, he might have some issues.

10. harlock

harlock ancora imparo Gold

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

this movie would kick ass ^

11. cygnus2112

cygnus2112 In The Prep Room

Reputations:
    I am a huge huge huge star wars geek and comic nerd and I still don't want a boba fett spinoff lol.
    I guess its because i never liked him-he has a cool outfit but that's it. He's in the movies for like a combined 40 seconds and he dies by getting hit with a staff to his rocket backpack.
    Who cares? Haha

12. R.P. McMurphy

R.P. McMurphy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    ...i have a dozen original star wars glasses they were giving away at burger king in 1976 with the year embossed on them. even after all this time theyre not worth much.

[​IMG]

boognishstern and Ganggreen87 like this.
  13. Ganggreen87

Ganggreen87 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Would you take a dollar?

14. R.P. McMurphy

R.P. McMurphy Well-Known Member

Reputations:

...i know you have overhead and display space to worry about maybe i should just sell them online. thanks rick.

15. MyLazyHand

MyLazyHand Russia and France Know What to Do

Reputations:
    They should combine these guys:

[​IMG]

With these guys:

[​IMG]

And they could have a gay ol' time tooling around Tatooine looking for useless old junk.

16. chapped

chapped Well-Known Member

Reputations:

check out the big brain on Brad

Sickboy, boognishstern and Drungle like this.
  17. boognishstern

Reputations:
    I'm not a hardcore star wars guy, I LOVE the movies but never got into the expanded story stuff. when I was around 10 yrs old I had a vhs with
    this:
    [​IMG]
    this:
    [​IMG]
    & this:
    [​IMG]
    I really loved that ewok movie. nostalgia.

18. johnfreeman1

johnfreeman1 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Whens the Jar Jar spin off?

stash likes this.
  19. wife is a whore

wife is a whore Stripped of POTY for butthurting staff VIP

Reputations:
    Boba Fett is the coolest. Part of that is it he didn't get much screen time, so it was special to see him. I hope they don't blow that.

P.S. I was pissed that when they were putting out Angry Birds Star Wars plush toys that they never made a Boba Fett. After the first series of them came out, I cut a deal with my kid that if they made a Boba Fett, it would be mine :( I had to settle for the bulldog from Rio, that was voiced by Tracy Morgan.

boognishstern likes this.
  20. SlinkyNeckStern

SlinkyNeckStern High Pitch Mike Lookalike

Reputations:
    This. You gotta love that many Star Wars fans complain about the lack of depth in the prequels but one of their favorite characters from the originals is a guy with next to no depth whatsoever.

"The prequels were too much about the visuals, man. I love Boba Fett. He looks so cool."