Stephen Colbert books Supreme Court Justice, UN Secretary General, Bernie Sanders.

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by tradioguy69, Sep 1, 2015.

1. tradioguy69

tradioguy69 VP of Larry, Inc.

Reputations:
    Won't watch...

Stephen Colbert Gets Political, Booking Supreme Court Justice, UN Secretary-General, Bernie Sanders

By Lisa de Moraes on Aug 31, 2015 3:42 pm

[​IMG]
    CBS

Further illustrating how little difference there will be between CBSLate Show hostStephen Colbert and Comedy Central late-night host Stephen Colbert, Supreme Court Justice Stephen Breyer will be Colbert’s guest during his second week hosting on the CBS program.

While some are speculating it’s the first time a current Supreme Court justice has been a guest on a network late-night show, it’s not so new for Colbert. In January 2012, former Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens was a guest on The Colbert Report, talking about campaign finance.

[​IMG]The Breyer booking also is not such a surprise if you watched CBS’ Sunday Beltway show yesterday, during which you saw about half a dozen ads for the launch of Late Show With Stephen Colbert,suggesting the program is going to have a political bent. And, of course, Colbert in July told reporters attending TCA he plans get into politics on Late Show to a greater degree than have his broadcast competitors because it’s in his DNA. True to his word, he’s not only booked Breyer to guest on Monday, September 14, but will chat with United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon three nights later and Dem White House hopeful/Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders that Friday. And, of course, Colbert already had tweeted that GOP White House hopeful Jeb Bush would be a guest when the host makes his debut taking over for David Letterman on Late Show, on September 8.

RelatedStephen Colbert: Jeb Bush Guest On ‘Late Show’ Debut

At TCA, Colbert complained he was counting the days until he debuted on his CBS show, so anxious is he to take a whack at Donald Trump on the air; Colbert called his web videos about the leading GOP candidate just so much “dry-Trumping.” Turns out, Stephen Colbert’s late-night persona as host of CBS’ Late Show isn’t going to be so different from the character he played on Comedy Central, the improv actor-turned-comic told reporters at the TCA Summer Press Tour.

When asked if viewers would finally get to see the real Colbert when he debuts on September 8, Colbert responded, “I don’t think anybody would have watched that old show if they didn’t know who I was,” he said. “Because that guy was a tool.” Playing his conservative gasbag character on The Colbert Report, “I had the excuse that I didn’t mean it, but I’m here to tell you I meant a lot of it. … I even agreed with my character sometimes. My hope is when people see me on the new show they will say ‘Oh wow, a lot of it was him the whole time!’”

This article was printed from http://deadline.com/2015/08/stephen...-un-secretary-general-ban-ki-moon-1201511082/

FosterKitten and joyceface like this.
  2. Barry Soetoro

Barry Soetoro Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    What a comedy show!
    :gweeed:

3. Head Censor

Head Censor Turgid Member VIP

Reputations:
    Breyer?

Damnit. I was hoping for Race Baiter Ginsburg.

1Vegasgirl likes this.
  4. ScottBaiosPenis

ScottBaiosPenis Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    nobody is gonna watch this shit anyone want odds he wont even stay out his contract

1Vegasgirl, stash, Ingens and 3 others like this.
  5. EndOfLine

EndOfLine PLATINUM SPONSOR VIP

Reputations:
    Doesn't matter - he should have stayed at Comedy Central. His ratings will be high for a few weeks, then crater like Letterman's did.

Comedy Central shouldn't have let John Oliver go - dude's got serious talent and now CC has that lame Trevor Noah dude taking over on the Daily Show.

That asskiss Fallon will continue to rake in the ratings on the networks - that's just the way it goes.

1Vegasgirl, Avery and reno like this.
  6. the G-man

the G-man Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The east and west coast media will pretend his show is a big influential program because he's catering to their political leanings, even as both Kimmel and Fallon crush him in the ratings. That ought to buy him some time.

7. MyLazyHand

MyLazyHand Russia and France Know What to Do

Reputations:
    Bernie Sanders would appear on a podcast at this point. I mean, you gotta be pretty irrelevant to show up for a podcast.

1Vegasgirl likes this.
  8. SouthernListen

SouthernListen I don't follow the crowd. Sorry about that. VIP

Reputations:
    Is CBS run by someone who just doesn't give a fuck about ratings he's so rich?

9. reno

reno VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    He will get Comedy Central ratings on network TV.

Rupert Pupkin and the G-man like this.
  10. FishySausage

FishySausage Original Nuttah VIP Gold

Reputations:
  11. MyLazyHand

MyLazyHand Russia and France Know What to Do

Reputations:
    Colbert looks like me. Guys like us aren't holding an audience.

12. Robert Higgins

Robert Higgins Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Robin, Schtephen Colbert asched me to be on his schow but I'm too buschy..

13. crazypreacher

crazypreacher Hey yo

Reputations:
    Sounds like comedy gold.

zutroy likes this.
  14. jake206

jake206 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    What's going to be in the green room when Bernie Sanders is on; Metamucil and Geritol?

15. Droog

Droog Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Big deal. Letterman and Leno often had politicians on the show. I seem to recall Clinton playing saxophone on Arsenio.

Mulletude and Gusbuss like this.
  16. HooHoo

HooHoo Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I'll take the action gladly. $500?

Gusbuss and RonHeinzkaboot like this.
  17. RonHeinzkaboot

RonHeinzkaboot Adultophile VIP

Reputations:
    people were hooked on the daily show.
    I think he just might pull it off.
    at least he is not going to be the old guy trying to be the hip young guy like Kimmel or fallon.
    He could be funny but I really don't know the demo that watches that show now. I'm surprised at Fallon's ratings, that type of show is really a relic of a time when people worked and watched TV differently. plus you have to reach other demos than white and middle age/old
    that's why TMZ and the daily show worked.
    I'll give him a chance because I like that dark quick humor. And I find all these Supremes far more interesting than vapid Real Housewives or starlets. They really are all strange cats on the highest levels of drive and intellect, even if I disagree with them, they are interesting.

Gusbuss, skinvy and HypocriteHowie like this.
  18. RonHeinzkaboot

RonHeinzkaboot Adultophile VIP

Reputations:
    I really think Wiggy is waiting to make his announcement after Colbert's press bubble breaks.
    Howard can't do any show unless he does Kimmel first because if he makes his announcement on Colberts, I think Cabo will be off

19. Senator Rick

Senator Rick Well-Known Member

Reputations:

that's what I said about Fairy Fallon a year ago - these days I watch Kimmel if I watch anything

Anyonenow and Gusbuss like this.
  20. joyceface

joyceface Queen of Everything VIP

Reputations:
    I like Colbert and look forward to seeing him on tv again. He is fun and funny and puts a lot of effort into his show.