*** Stern after Sirius....Bubba hints about new internet radio network ***

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by BudBudha, Aug 8, 2012.

1. BudBudha

BudBudha Male Underwear Model

Reputations:
    http://www.wcqj.com/btls-howard-stern-show-going-internet-only-after-siriusxm/

On his RadioIO show today Bubba the Love Sponge hinted that Howard might be taking his radio show exclusively to the internet after his SiriusXM contract expires.

“Here’s what needs to happen in the industry, Opie and Anthony, Myself, and Howard all need to sit down and say enough of this bullshit, join together and do our own radio network. Howard can do mornings, Opie and Anthony can do afternoons and I can do mid-days. We need to do it on the internet, that’s where everything is going, that’s where O&A need to be and that’s where Howard is going in 3 and a half years. Ill get it done.

I do have a vision, Brent and I did talk to Howard about this at dinner, where we all need to be, and Howard is in agreement with me. We had some intense conversations and that’s where Howard is going, whether we go with him, or he comes over here, hes going [online] 100% I can promise you that.

-Bubba the Love Sponge

2. username

username Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    Well..
    That would be fun, sine Howard thinks that HE is radio. 99% revenue to Howard and 1% to all other. That is Howard's motto.

3. Mike in Houston

Mike in Houston I got more balls than the daily lottery. VIP

Reputations:
    Ain't going to happen.

4. Gretsch Man

Gretsch Man Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Howard's way too cheap to pull a Carolla and be successful at it.

5. Beer Chugger

Beer Chugger Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Bubba as a credible source? 'Nuff said.

6. R.P. McMurphy

R.P. McMurphy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    ...howard has nowhere else to go but the internet in some form unless all his new fans from agt demand sirius to resign him. theyre network a group over at mutts place. this was all anticipated and revamping the website is part of the slow build on the newly fortified fan base.

that group of 3 dj's should put together their own broadcast on the internet but now that howards had a taste of subscription based money hes not going to give that up. it will cost you if hes going to do it at all, a split of ad revenue alone wont do it.

7. BethsZygote

BethsZygote In Utero VIP

Reputations:
    howard already confirmed he is willing to work 2 days a week, for 30 weeks a year, as long as the show is only 1 hour long, and Robin does the news for 50 minutes....

8. Danza

Danza Member

Reputations:
    Abe Kannan can do overnights

9. koclem

koclem .|..O..|. VIP Banned User

Reputations:
    I can't see Howard doing mornings and working that much but maybe he bankrolls it and works part time like he does now

10. Kool

Kool Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Unless it pays a few hundred million, Wiggo ain't doing it.

11. Chob

Chob Member

Reputations:
    I'd love to see this happen, but it's a pipe dream. Manson told him that himself. And it relies heavily on Stern's own efforts when anyone that listens to him knows he's wrapping up the radio gig. His idea of uniting all these talk talents sounds great but you need the money, infrastructure, and people to put their egos aside. And IO World Media is not the healthiest company around.

I could see it working IF (and that's a big if) Howard still feels like playing programmer and can be a partner in it like he said they told him he would be at Sirius.

12. BethsZygote

BethsZygote In Utero VIP

Reputations:
    Howard would join the other two.... as long as he was getting 75% of the marbles.

13. R.P. McMurphy

R.P. McMurphy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    ...actually i think robin working from home is a bit of a test patter for the show. howard has said why not be on later in the day. hes gonna see what it costs to set everybody up at home howard fred robin, get em all audio and video linked with each person having a room at home and roll the show whenever they wanted to. tweet out, we're going on the air at 4 p.m. today, etc.
    how to make it easy is, easy. its how will they make it worth it to themselves. a 70/15/15 split on advertising?

14. Chob

Chob Member

Reputations:
    Bubba's current business model is free streaming and making money off ads and download subs. If they could bring some of the Stern advertisers over it would help the former since the IO advertisers are currently a small pool of companies that are friendly with Bubba. I think Stern would welcome the chance to be able to be heard by anyone again without having to pay a fee for a sub as long as he gets his cut of the ad/download sub money.

15. CAPTAIN KIRK

CAPTAIN KIRK New Member

Reputations:
    ^ This.

16. LisaGsDentures

LisaGsDentures Active Member

Reputations:
    3 really shitty shows. I think I will pass.

17. Chob

Chob Member

Reputations:
    Bubba was tossing names out all over the place. Ron and Fez, Jim Rome, as well as some of the people that already do shows on his channel like the very talented Shannon Burke. I figure he'd want Ferrall on there too. He also seemed to be frustrated with how slowly things are happening for radioIO. But the infrastructure is there so I guess he's hoping for a change in ownership? I don't know. There was rumblings of a new CEO for IO World Media a while back but it has yet to happen.

It really was just him making a fantasy roster but if someone with the money to back it got on board, fans of that genre of talk would definitely take notice.

18. You Knew!

You Knew! Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    If it happens Howard will find a way to ruin it.

19. Guts83

Guts83 Active Member

Reputations:
    Looks like Howard wants even more marbles. This could have worked of Howard didn't spend the past few years pissing on his audience. I wont even consider subscribing. Fool me once....

Besides, having his own Internet radio station would require effort. Going to be pretty hard to have to work more than 12 hours a week. Howard will actually have to put some content on here.

Lastly, Howard would need a fall guy should this venture fail. He had this at sirius. Who would he blame if he went solo?

20. CAPTAIN KIRK

CAPTAIN KIRK New Member

Reputations:
    With Howard's relentless pursuit of more marbles lately I wonder if he bit off more than he could chew with the 3 story NYC apt & huge Hamptons mansion? How much of a monthly nut do you think Howard has to cover?