stern cant understand why you would help someone for no gain!

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by tired, Jan 19, 2014.

1. tired

tired Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    In the latifah interview he asks her why would anybody help someone else for no gain or advantage. It was chilling as a window to the way stern thinks!

This guy only understands exploitation for personal gain and advantage

2. SillyOldMan

SillyOldMan Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    This explains the NASL nonsense in a nut shell.

3. LaserT

LaserT You have to have fun. Gold

Reputations:
    Exactly. He knows the NSAL thing with them is not about helping out the animals or the people involved but is for his wife to have a charity front and to forward her career as a celebrity.

4. greyt

greyt Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    that's also why he is a millionaire. unfortunately you need to be a callous sociopath to truly get ahead in life.

5. EmperorsNewCaps

EmperorsNewCaps Member

Reputations:
    Cultural equivalent of an injun scalping Latifah's audience & doing a rain dance.

6. check1

check1 VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    He's always been completely confused by this. He 100% does not understand why you would help someone when you've had such good luck.
    That's what Howards had too....really, really, really good luck (and accidental timing).

7. EmperorsNewCaps

EmperorsNewCaps Member

Reputations:
    Bingo.

The tenets of capitalism & economic gain are negatively correlated with basic humanity & morality.

Choose your poison. You wanna be a rich scumfuck or a good dude that scrapes by? There are no happy mediums, only delusions.

8. SIPAWITZ

SIPAWITZ Bialy Whore Banned User

Reputations:
    This toast with the gooey buttered center and hot sauce is awesome

9. EmperorsNewCaps

EmperorsNewCaps Member

Reputations:
    Please, without Super Agent Don Buchwald he'd have a thousand 'Ryder P.I.'s & guest spoken word rock.vocalist credits in his catalog.

10. Fa Fa Fruit Fly

Fa Fa Fruit Fly Well-Known Member

Reputations:

That's just what losers say who want to make excuses for why they haven't gotten anywhere.

It is perfectly possible to be a good person and treat people right and also to "get ahead" and be wealthy. There are countless examples of good, kind, ethical and truthful people who are extremely wealthy. You guys just haven't put the work in or taken the risks but refuse to take the blame for not getting the results.

11. tired

tired Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    okay, it is 100 percent true that you [pay someone what they deserve or I guess whats necessary as a businessman. but think of this. Stern is notorious for not paying much outside of the fab 4. (Howard, Robin, Gary, Fred) that's why john had to hustle so much and maybe even Jackie. (although Jackie was also a bit greedy and never satisfied) but the truth is movie stars here in L.A. that aren't worth 1/2 of what stern is worth take much better care of the people around them than Howard ever has. I mean, what fucking world does stern live in when one of his so called favorite employees j.d admittedly a dork but still a member of the show and tv show before it pulled the plug would have to live in squalor?

12. greyt

greyt Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    there are a thousand exceptions to the rule and i'm not trying to make excuses......but google "CEO + psychopath" and you'll get some interesting results. it often takes a certain kind of person to really get to that next level. and you could make the argument they do "good, kind, ethical things" just because they really know how to play the game and manipulate people. but i'm not that cynical.

13. Fa Fa Fruit Fly

Fa Fa Fruit Fly Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Representing your statement as a "rule" is ridiculous on it's face. It's not a rule that you have to be a dick to get ahead in life - like I said, that's just what people say who didn't get ahead to make themselves feel better. "I could have done it, but I am just too doggone ethical". Yeah. And I could be banging Jessica Alba but I just prefer redheads.

And what do CEO's have to do with 'getting ahead in life'? There are tons of ways to become a millionaire, and being the CEO of a company isn't even close to the top of the list.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2014
  14. check1

check1 VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    :hat:

15. SIPAWITZ

Reputations:
    Thank you....this thread was too much reading intensive

16. greyt

greyt Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    hey, i'm just a drunk idiot and have no dog in this fight. I was just referencing an article I remember reading about how an unusual amount of people with psychopathic tendencies become CEOs and politicians. the only real point I was trying to make is that I believe Howard Stern is a very damaged and mentally ill person......I guess I should not have lumped all successful people in with him. :hat:

17. SIPAWITZ

Reputations:
    Greyt is probably my best friend on the Internet right now

18. greyt

greyt Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    :c

19. EmperorsNewCaps

EmperorsNewCaps Member

Reputations:
    Who's saying I want to be wealthy?

But for the sake of argument, what are your "countless" examples? Because if it's the usual egalitarian donation shit, Stern "donates all the time" and wuvs widdle animals. Sam Simon donates a fuckton to the level where people have genuinely forgotten the years of every writer in Hollywood saying he was absolute pile of shit to work with or be around.

P.R., as someone else said, which is again parallel with the notions of not doing good without a direct benefit that this thread presents.

You speak of risks, I speak of context, within the context of economic gain & increasing capital, what are these "good" things that these "good persons" do? I don't give a fuck where they empty out their couch cushion change after-hours, the argument is during the work day the inner scumfuck makes the cash.

It's not a "rule" but a generality like you'd make if you want to extract anything out of life other than it's this desultory ball of randomness that "who knows, Robin." And you sound like a kid arguing Santa exists so you can sleep at night.

Citations.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2014
  20. MyLazyHand

MyLazyHand Russia and France Know What to Do

Reputations:
    I look forward to helping people for no gain. Why am I here in the first place if not to do that first?