Stern Show Shuffle points out what a fake Howard is now

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Elisa Jane, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Elisa Jane

Elisa Jane Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The Tapes Team that puts together the Stern Show Shuffle is obviously as fed up as all of us with the new fake Howard. The Stern show is now a parody of what the show used to be. Howard and Robin act like they are Regis and Kathie Lee on morning television. Every caller gushes about how much they love the show and Howard is nice to everyone and so patient with each caller.

First example, the team played a show where Howard was screaming at a caller who took offense about Howard making fun of someone in a wheel chair. Howard said he was honest and he doesn’t care what anyone thinks about what he says. (Unlike now where Howard is beyond politically correct. Today Howard said that he should not use the word “retard”, even though he’s been saying it for decades.)

Another show was about an April Fool’s joke on Gary. Howard was constantly ridiculing Gary’s teeth and Howard was saying how big they were. (Unlike Howard getting fake teeth that are obviously too big, but Howard won’t ever talk about them.)

The third example is they interviewed Henry Hill about a cookbook he's writing and how absurd that was-just like Robin's absurd Vegan cookbook.

:coffee:I didn’t get time to listen to the whole Shuffle, but it is interesting that the real Howard that we all remember is in full force in these broadcasts, and the Shuffle points up the phoniness of the current show.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2012
  2. Dlist

Dlist Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I love Stern show shuffle. Those were the good old days.I love hearing Artie. Can't Howard hear what he was, and what he has become?? It is so frustrating to hear the greatness then tune in to the current show. Current shows are like a neutered dog...no balls, no bite.

3. La Flama Blanca

La Flama Blanca Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    I heard one the other day where he trashed a celebrity that was dating a young chick..... It did give me a laugh!

4. Elisa Jane

Reputations:
    Hey La Flama Blanca- you know that Eastbound and Down will be coming back February 19th dontcha? I can't WAIT! Naturally, this is a show that Howard doesn't watch cause he's too busy watching The Bachelor and Dancing with the Stars...

5. JDs tees

JDs tees Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    In Howard's defense, today they played a telephone interview with Bruce Willis, and Howard was fawning over hanging out with celebs in Hollywood. Guess we shoulda known it was always in him.

6. Pukyak Lover

Pukyak Lover New Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Elisa, I had the same thoughts today when I heard Howard from 1992 and 1994. It was so much fun back then.

7. Mr Ed

Mr Ed Member

Reputations:
    Another great source of "180 degree moments" with Shuffle is when Howchie's parents used to call in. Howie would lie about what they said, and they'd call in to correct him. They'd also correct him about lies he'd tell concerning his childhood.

Examples:
    - Howchie tried to sound like one of the tough, cool kids by claiming that he, and his friends, used to go shoplifting at a local mall. His mother's response? "You didn't leave the yard. You were the biggest wuss there ever was."
    - Howchie claiming how upset his mother was going to be due to a pending FCC fine. He calls his mom: <Ray's voice> "So... what did you do this time?!? What's wrong with you? How did you expect them to react?!?" </Ray's voice> She was mildly upset, not at the FCC, but at Howchie's hyping the situation. Howchie even tried repeatedly yelling "Calm down, ma'" in a manner calculated to make her raise her voice back, but she's on to this trick and didn't fall for it.

And what does Howchie do now? Instead of having his parents embarrass him by contradicting his lies, he simply imitates them, instead. His imitations of them don't expose the depths of his current level of hypocrisy - it's always been there, but is now worse than ever.

The Tapes are another example where Howchie's laziness and Narcissism really work against him. He's micromanages so much, he won't let someone else approve clips, but he's too lazy to listen to everything, and what little he does hear sounds great to him, 'cause he thinks everyone is as big a Narcissist as he is.

8. Elisa Jane

Reputations:
    I love the old shows- I wish they'd start them from the very beginning and play them in order. The question is, when Howard quits radio (because he is losing his hearing/he wants to be a TV star) will we still be able to hear these old shows? I hope so!

9. Elisa Jane

Reputations:
    It really is weird the way Howard doesn't scream and rant about these old tapes of shows that demonstrate the way he used to be. I guess he thinks he has changed, thanks to his therapy and Beth (Blechh).

10. Mr Ed

Mr Ed Member

Reputations:
    As far as I know, the Master Tape Theatre "tapes team" only produced complete (beginning to end) shows for about 2 years, and none have been made during the last 4 years. Not only were the MTT shows not played in order, but MTT was yet another "bait and switch" by the Lyin' King - promising a "new" (hah!) MTT every week, but as soon as they had enough to rotate, they stopped making "new" ones and just kept replaying the old ones over and over. It seems that the wiki page used to list all of the episodes, and included a note that the tapes team responsible had all been laid off, but the page was later edited to simply say "Air dates: since October 2, 2006".

So, out of the so called "22,000 hours" of "complete, uncensored" Howchie that were promised, about 400 hours were delivered in the form of Master Tape Theatre. And, not only are they at least slightly censored (meaning incomplete), but many of the segments had already been used for "Best of" for years, and, as such, had already been "pre-approved" by Lord Howchie. Not surprisingly, shorter, incomplete versions of these same segments are showing up, yet again, in a new reincarnation: "Shuffle."

11. Sheiky Baby

Sheiky Baby New Member

Reputations:
    Clapping

12. joyceface

joyceface Queen of Everything VIP

Reputations:
    Pretty astute observations.

13. flailingfish

flailingfish New Member

Reputations:
    Howard has too many trophies to lose now.