Stern Show Stern's Beatles "Revolver" Special

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by NeverHoward, Sep 26, 2016.

1. NeverHoward

NeverHoward Active Member VIP

Reputations:
    Marcie Turk's cuck Steve Brandano put together a special for 101 featuring musicians covering songs from the Beatles "Revolver" which is having it's 50th anniversary. Howard again glomming onto something that he has nothing to do with to try and make another dollar.

http://www.marksfriggin.com/news.htm#mon

Beatles Revolver Anniversary Special Coming Soon. 09/26/16. 7:35am
    Howard said he's really charged up over a project they put together. Howard said it came together in a big way. Howard said this year is the 50th anniversary of The Beatles ''Revolver'' and to him that's the best album they ever did. Howard said there was nothing like it when it came out. Fred agreed. Howard said it was revolutionary. Howard said they asked some of their friends to cover each of the songs from the album. Howard said the first guys to sign on to the project were Cheap Trick. Howard said they cover Beatles songs and they're great. Howard said they do a version of ''She Said She Said'' and it's great. Howard said he listened to it at least 3 times this weekend. Howard said they have James Taylor too. Howard said he has a story about James. He said James was on the road doing gigs and he went to a hotel room and recorded the song in a closet. Howard said the guy is amazing.
    Howard said Jewel covers Eleanor Rigby and it's great. Howard said she was on the Wrap Up Show last week with Gary and Jon. He said Living Color does a song too. Howard said he loves those guys. He said OAR does a song too. He said the special is phenomenal. He said they have 14 artists who did the album just for them and it's going to be on Howard 101 starting October 7th. He said they'll play it for 10 straight days at different times. Howard said it's just great.

Howard asked Steve Brandano how they picked the songs for the bands to cover. Steve said the artists picked the songs. He said everyone was pumped to do it too.

Howard played a clip of Cheap Trick covering ''She Said She Said.'' Howard said he gets sad listening to that track. He said music has that effect on him. He said he was painting over the weekend and every time this track came on he got weird. He said he's not sure why that is. Howard said it triggers something in him. Robin said Howard is so suppressed and music hits you on a subconscious level. Howard said he's been able to block all emotion in his life and something like this gets to him. He said that he hasn't cried like that since The Bachelor finale.

Howard said he was really honored that all of these bands did this for them. Steve said Cheap Trick was the first band to sign on to do it. Howard said John Lennon wrote the lyric for that song. He said he supposedly got stoned with Peter Fonda and he told a story about dying for a short time when he was a kid after shooting himself. Howard said that's where some of the song came from. Howard played the song again and said he'd try to get through the whole thing this time. He let the song play for a bit longer this time.

Howard said that is good. He said Rick Nielsen told him that Robin Zander is the only guy he would want fronting his band. Howard said he's so good.

Howard said he likes that band OAR too. Howard asked what's up with them. Steve said they came up and did the song in the studio there. Howard played some of their cover of ''I Want to Tell You.'' Howard said they're good. He let the song play for a bit. Howard said that's going to be on Howard 101 starting next Friday, October 7th. Howard said Steve did a great job with the special. Howard said he's very excited about all of this. He said this is what gets him turned on.

Howard said he was going to ask Steve about this group from New Orleans that covered a song. Steve told Howard about the cover of ''Yellow Submarine'' and they put a New Orleans spin on it. Steve said they're called Madison Ward and the Mama Bear. Howard said they're really good. Steve said the special is kind of all over the place which is cool. Howard said there was another artist who did a song with Sheryl Crow. Howard said she did ''Good Day Sunshine'' and did a great job with that. Howard played some of that performance too. Howard said he likes the way she changed it up a bit.

Howard wondered if Paul McCartney would like this. Robin said that's what she was wondering. Howard said he was on the phone with Paul for about 3 hours yesterday talking to him about it. He was joking around. Robin said they had to craft songs in about 3 hours to get them recorded. Robin said these are the songs that came out. Howard said Robin is a Beatles expert all of a sudden.

Howard said they asked Ringo if he was into it and all he said was ''Peace and love, peace and love.'' Howard let Steve go after that. Howard said he has a nice hair cut there. He said he looks very professional and he has a pep in his step unlike Richard who walks like a cave man. Howard went to break after that.

image.jpeg

JesusTwins and kinneyjames like this.
  2. R.P. McMurphy

R.P. McMurphy Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    ...did he ask steve how marcis pussy tastes and if she likes it doggy style?

3. Rockside7

Rockside7 VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Let me know when I can hear this for free on you tube.

JesusTwins and GaryPuppet like this.
  4. MorningSong13

MorningSong13 Well-Known Member VIP

Reputations:
    When talking about a bands best album, the cliché is to to name it that band's "Sgt. Pepper" - but Sgt. Pepper is not even the Beatles' "Sgt. Pepper". Revolver is better and Abbey Road is even better than Revolver.

In my humble opinion, of course.

5. Rockside7

Reputations:

I like 'The White Album' and 'Abbey Road' better than 'Revolver'.

icypussy, xgohabsx and MorningSong13 like this.
  6. BethSucks

BethSucks Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reputations:
    I'm afraid this will break the Internet, the demand for covers of a 50 year old album by OAR and Grace Jones has to be in the billions.

7. Dorb

Dorb Lovable Old Pig VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Anything beatles and off goes the show.

imissalison and GaryPuppet like this.
  8. GaryPuppet

GaryPuppet Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The level of Stern's involvement in this is evident by him asking Brandano how the songs were chosen.

9. BethSucks

BethSucks Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reputations:
    That guys in an interesting position, fucking the bosses right hand man can go south awfully fast.

JesusTwins likes this.
  10. xgohabsx

xgohabsx Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Was there a contest to find the least relevant bands to do these covers. You let Cheap Trick pick which song they wanted?? I'm guessing they had some free time on thier hands, same with James Taylor, Jewel, and the rest of the lot.

lestanyonethink likes this.
  11. greenchiclets

greenchiclets Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Beatles are my life, and in that life, Revolver is their best, I have to agree with the pelican on that. Although if you played certain deep cuts off of it, I'm sure he wouldn't even know them.

vaporizer and kinneyjames like this.
  12. Murcielago

Murcielago Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

kingship likes this.
  13. Winston Ono

Winston Ono Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Turn off your radio, relax and float down stream...

Hal E. Burton likes this.
  14. FrstTimeLngTme

FrstTimeLngTme Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I prefer Rubber Soul.

15. Ganggreen87

Ganggreen87 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    "Howard said"
    Jesus you could have a drinking game with the amount of times that's used

16. whynow

whynow Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    'Wiggy Never Knows (anything about music)'

17. vaporizer

vaporizer Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    You're koo-koo and not that The White Album is bad and same for Abbey Road, but dude...Revolver is truly the LAST project the band did together with all four engines driving the same direction together. After that it was just piecemeal city. John even stopped going to George's sessions. Revolver is the top of the mountain for all Beatles albums.

Rockside7 and greenchiclets like this.
  18. vaporizer

Reputations:
    From JamBase:
    This morning, Howard Stern announced his team has put together a special honoring the 50th anniversary of The Beatles’ groundbreaking 1966 album, Revolver. Stern played a few clips on today’s Howard Stern Show and revealed a number of the artists that contributed to the project.

Cheap Trick recorded a take on “She Said She Said,” O.A.R. contributed their version of “I Want To Tell You,” Madisen Ward And The Mama Bear covered “Yellow Submarine,” Jewel added “Eleanor Rigby,” Living Colour tackled “Tomorrow Never Knows,” Grace Potter sang “Good Day Sunshine” and James Taylor laid down “Here There & Everywhere” for the show’s Revolver cover compilation.

Howard Stern’s tribute to the 50th anniversary of Revolver will premiere next Friday, October 7.

http://www.jambase.com/article/howard-stern-enlists-rock-stars-tribute-beatles-revolver

19. Rockside7

Reputations:

Understood.

I suppose that's important if you're a huge Beatles fan but, to me, I don't care.

I just like the music on the other 2 a little better.

It really doesn't matter to me how the music came together.

vaporizer likes this.
  20. vaporizer

Reputations:
    Fair enough. I have been way too deeply intertwined with their music and legacy so I'm always in this mindset that EVERYONE gives a shit about the finer details when at the end of the day it's seriously just the music that matters.

Rock on.

Rockside7 likes this.