"Sternthology" And "Mammary Lane" ... What's The Difference?

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by dexterdog, Feb 10, 2015.

1. dexterdog

dexterdog Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I'm not sure if this has ever been brought up before, but I was wondering what the point of having two different names for old Howard Stern shows was? Is it to make it appear as if there's a distinction between the content? To make it look like there's more content? I don't get it... they're both basically repeats of old shows. And now that I think of it, just how long will it be before the word "mammary" becomes extinct in the new santitized pc world that The Wig has gradually created...?

GoshGeeGolly likes this.
  2. Willowglen

Willowglen Lookin thru the glass ceiling & up Stephs skirt VIP

Reputations:
    Isnt Sternthology a this day in history thing?

3. PelicanWig

PelicanWig Beautiful Soup

Reputations:
    Sternthology is the p.c. faggot replacement name for what was once called mammary lane.

4. GoshGeeGolly

GoshGeeGolly VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    I thought Sternthology was all about Howard and Mammorygland are the best of shows that would feature funny old shows.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2015
    PelicanWig likes this.
  5. tv910

tv910 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Supposedly Sternthology is stuff related to the live Stern Show aired that day, but so little happens they really have to stretch to find clips. Last week they played an old interview Howard did with a disabled kid who wrestled in high school because Howard spoke to Steve Carrell and he was in a movie (Foxcatcher) about wrestlers. Mammary Lane is stuff that was specifically requested by listeners and The Tapes is just random (like The Shuffle). It's basically all the same bunch of clips repackaged into different formats.

Beer Chugger and GoshGeeGolly like this.
  6. BethSucks

BethSucks Well-Known Member Staff Member

Reputations:
    Sternthology is censored, Mammary Lane is sanitized

7. thunderfist2112

thunderfist2112 Well-Known Member Banned User

Reputations:
    Mastertape Theater was the better of the 3....When they would play full old unedited shows. But now they would be so cut up that there would be no continuity. So now they are stooping to "funny" bits selected from random fake emails for Mammary Lane. And Sternthology plays old clips that are related to, or have something in common with subjects they may have discussed on the new show... How genius...... and that last thing even close to being 1/2 way entertaining from the stern imploding universe is now stripped of all humor..... The Wrap up Show, where at least there was still some ball breaking going on. The sterilization is almost complete.... get ready mainstream America , You can have him! .........please, just don't accept her..... please oh lord, give me my last one joy in life!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. BooeyBanana

BooeyBanana Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    probably has to do with trademark and royalty payments

9. yaddc

yaddc Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Dam how many takes you think they did for that picture. And he still ugly. Looks like thats the only pussy hes getting has 4 leggggggs