Entertainment Steroids update 8/24

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Sloppyjoe, Aug 24, 2016.

1. Sloppyjoe

Sloppyjoe VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    been off the juice for about 6 weeks now. Just finished my post cycle therapy and wanted to report about how things are going.

2 weeks after coming off i was still feeling good and like nothing had changed. i thought maybe this come down wont be so bad, i was wrong.

6 weeks after ending everything has that little bit of soreness in it. its like i am back to being a 35 year old again. soreness is there in my joints that had gone away over the 10 weeks i was loaded up on test. muscles are sore again after lifting. my workouts, no matter how much i have tried to maintain intensity have slowed down and i can not lift as much or as long as i could.

i have been adjusting down my caloric intake to make sure i am not over doing my eating, but also trying hard to maintain as much weight as i can. as of yesterday i was at 232lbs which is still 10 up from where i started. a lot of strength has also hung around, but where i was benching 8 45lb plates for 5-6 reps i am now doing 6 plates for the same. it just hurts too much to lift and i dont have the explosive power to push that amount of weight right now.

i feel more tired and sluggish, basically how i felt before i tried out the steroids. which is to say i was not in bad shape to start, but after being enhanced for a time, i feel slow. my mood has been fine. no side effects etc. luckily i tried hard to prepare myself for the reality that i would lose strength and endurance and feel mortal again. so really none of this is a shock other than the fact that it sucks haha.

so, would i do it again? yes! after 10 weeks my liver showed no harmful effects. my blood tests were all mostly normal safe for the increase in test and red blood cells. and my testicles showed no size change and no function of my junk was harmed. in fact it was enhanced if anything. i certainly understand the appeal of those who go on and never come off. it is a bit of a mind fuck to lose power and strength. but for the now i will stick to cycling on and off to let things recover and rest. id like to think long term and be lifting well into my old age.

my joints felt better. my muscles felt terrific. my mood was great. everything was generally improved overall. so i will continue to be normal for another 6-8 weeks and in that time i will allow my system to recover back to normal while deciding what i want to do next. i will probably do the same, but just extend the period of time a weeks. i had no harmful side effects and nothing but good size gains. so i will stick with what worked.

cheers

2. bluedevil30

bluedevil30 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Why do you even need to do this? Is it required for your job?

3. John DOrazio

John DOrazio Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    The real issue can be kidney damage.

4. larryluncg

larryluncg Empty VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Or heart damage

5. ClumpyStern

ClumpyStern HSS-clean since Dec 2011 VIP

Reputations:
    You'll only lose your gained muscle mass faster by trying to keep lifting as heavy as possible. Go lighter and just try to get the best possible pump and you'll look better a lot longer...and stay off the scale...just go by the mirror.. But there's no way around it: whatever you gained on it will totally disappear once you're fully off it. That's why everybody ends up on the shit indefinitely, referring to their "maintenance cycle" as being "off" or just lying to everybody all the time except when they're doing a heavy cycle. That's also why HGH would be better than juicing.

6. Sloppyjoe

Reputations:
    under heavy and prolonged time and dose both of those can surely be an issue. based on my doctors tests and blood panels i am well in the normal range on things. if i was shooting up 3 grams of test per week for 20 years, i might be worried about my heart exploding or kidney failure, but i am still well under any abnormal limits.

RONNIE THE CLAW likes this.
  7. BleedingGums

BleedingGums Fesh Fox Faggot VIP

Reputations:
    what was ur pct?

how were ur liver numbers?

8. Sloppyjoe

Reputations:

exactly this.

i was talking to a bodybuilder who lifts at my gym. he told me the same thing. while in between a cycle to focus on the pump and avoiding massive lifts. all about maximizing the pump and going nowhere near the scale.

RonHeinzkaboot likes this.
  9. VarmintSam

VarmintSam Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    Lyle Alzado did steroids once and got brain cancer, you're probably fucked.

10. Sloppyjoe

Reputations:

liver numbers were all normal. i get a blood draw monthly for my liver in particular because of meds my dermatologist has me on. i made him aware that i was on test and he watched my numbers and was glad if not a little bummed out that everything was in the normal range. he admitted he was hoping to have tests to show how fucked up i was making my liver. being in the normal range killed that for him

i ran a pct of nolvadex for 4 weeks. weeks 1-2 40mg per day. week 3-4 20mg per day. based on what was recommended by veteran users for my very basic first timer cycle

Biff DiBiase likes this.
  11. Sloppyjoe

Reputations:
    and his own doctor came out and said that he was full of shit by making that claim

JustLurking likes this.
  12. VarmintSam

VarmintSam Well-Known Member VIP Gold

Reputations:
    oh, well then I wouldnt worry.

Biff DiBiase likes this.
  13. synch22

synch22 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    It's a never ending cycle, your addiction to it will grow. I had friends who got hooked.

In the end it's fake gains, not real. I stuck to what's real and I can control.

Good luck, I use to hit 315lb 3 sets of 10, 435 lb incline max etc. all natural in college playing ball knowing I never cheated.
    That said I run more than I lift now and never put more that 225lbs on for reps. I'm a dad and family man first, who the fuck is there to impress?

Oh and at 6'4 230 hitting those weights and being fit, people still look and get it. They get this guy used to bang around some weight and is pretty strong for an old timer. I'll take that over a pumped up fake cheater, those guys are flopping around in gyms all across America.

That said don't take offense , I just typed all that off the top of my head.

Slow, Turkeyneck, check1 and 4 others like this.
  14. Sloppyjoe

Reputations:

totally understandable.

being a person who has tried or uses steroids is a lot like a person who has admitted to using crack or heroine. if you say you smoke pot daily, nobody really cares anymore. but admit you tried crack once and some people might completely look at you differently.

i think with more and more well known body builders and the youtube crowd of admitted steroid users coming out and talking about it more and more, that one day it wont be looked at the way america has made it out to be. look at england, you can buy steroids legally there without threat of jail etc. just a different view on things

15. agnes

agnes Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    There is evidence out there that you can retain some of the gain permanently after stopping use. Possible permanent changes in muscle fibers. It's usually the lifters that don't know how to diet that lose everything quickly after going off. Even with a perfect diet though you will lose much of it though

16. synch22

synch22 Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I don't judge folks for using "drugs" I personally don't care. It's just another viewpoint I threw out there.
    To me the health risks don't seem worth it but you are doing the homework to stay on top of that.
    Now don't get me wrong , when I'm older and if I could use it maybe I'm jumping on a growth cycle... But only if I could use it for overall health, say if my testosterone is low or whatever other reason guys like Sly Stallone are on it haha.

17. Dan

Dan Do you like my car?

Reputations:
    I put on 26 pounds in 6 weeks, and I did it without steroids. Just sayin.

A pizza a night is all you need, bro.

ZevonFan, Slow and check1 like this.
  18. Sloppyjoe

Reputations:

i have held onto 10lbs thus far. i said back at the beginning if i could keep 5lbs i would be thrilled.

but you are right, its all about the diet, the training after you come off. i think a lot of guys go into a relax mode and lift lazy and eat lazy or eat too much considering you are not as powerful and as heavy as you were just weeks ago. you may not need 4000 calories anymore, but just 3000 to maintain what you have.

i see so many guys who saunter around the gym spending more time sitting on equipment then actually using it. if you are going to be there for 60 or 90min, make the most of that time. bust your ass and get out

JustLurking likes this.
  19. Sloppyjoe

Reputations:

i totally am with you. the biggest thing i can do while trying this whole thing out is be smart and get as much assistance from my doctor as i can. this is not something i would want to do while "flying blind", especially when i can get blood tests etc so easily.

JustLurking likes this.
  20. Sloppyjoe

Reputations:
    sounds like my mid 20s