Steve Grillo irate at HSS & K-ROCK on FACEBOOK over intern story!

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by ARM, May 2, 2014.

1. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I was just peaking in on all the of "TGIF...what a week", "I just back from the gym", "Donald Sterling is racist", "My kids are the smartest and best athletes", "red wine & Michael Buble" humblebragging facebook posts and saw ex InStern and KROCK employee STEVE GRILLO weigh in on this current intern's lawsuit and this is what "Top-Shelv ligga" had to say verbatim......

"It is illegal to employ someone without pay. The only way you get around it is that they credit at school for every hour that they work.. I worked 50 hour weeks for 5 years and did not receive 1 fucking dime!!!!!! Too bad I missed the boat!!! Good for her!!"

-Steve Grillo 5/1/14

No no no, good for YOU Steve, you're finally taking a stand! Maybe we can cajole him to join here....maybe he already is??????

EDIT...

Sorry guys, I just checked in again and Grillo's replying to people now, crazy shit. Tracey Millman is in here too! I'll post what I see for now...

Grillo: Carla I couldn't agree more.. You are %100 right, but what happen to me was criminal.. And don't get me wrong i had fun, but it was just so wrong!!

Grillo: I got a salary my last year.... I survived from public appearances.. but they werent every weekend and i had to fight a crackhead and an elephant boy for work.. thats when i decided it was time to go!!

Grillo: Ed.. that is why I left... I was working 60 hours and only getting paid $6.50 an hour for 30hours a week.. when I asked Tom for a raise and to get paid for the hours I worked I was told the leave @11a and got the"company" standard pay raise which was %15 and I asked if I could paid for 40 Tom told me no because then he would have to give me heath benefits... when I told howard he said "well that's Tom for ya" and did nothing yo help... that's the exact moment I decided to go.. I used the acting thing as an excuse.. when he didn't have my back I said peace!!! I better leave now before I explode and burn that bridge.. better to leave on good terms!!!

Last edited: Jun 14, 2015
    redwolf, Quedee, codeine and 5 others like this.
  2. Just Peachy

Just Peachy VIP Extreme Gold

Reputations:
    Why does he have to "miss the boat?" I'm sure he could be added to a class action suit, along with review of every interns' files over every year working for Howard. If Steve is telling the truth, Howard's going to settle instead of going to court I bet.

Precious likes this.
  3. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    TRUE, like the ex-NFLers and the head trauma and suicide! Great point!

I know right now, Billy Sims is somewhere in Oklahoma with a team of lawyers looking for Matt Stafford $. ALmost as good as CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER boat scene!?

[video=youtube;y0O7973Ew8A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0O7973Ew8A[/video]

Last edited: May 2, 2014
  4. chapped

chapped Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    the natives are finally starting to turn on the cheap fuck .... its almost like they have evolved

[​IMG]

5. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Well said my man! You've had some of my favorite threads during my DS hiatus I always made a point to rifle through. I missed your CAPTAIN AMERICA WINTER SOLDIER one though?? Did I miss that? GAWD is that THE comic book film of this generation. I've seen it 4x in the theatre.

Notfunorfunny and Honkey Donkey like this.
  6. Just Peachy

Reputations:
    Howard believes the honor bestowed upon you to "intern" for him negates state and federal laws. Also, who dares to challenge him? They get ripped to shreds. He becomes rabid with his narcissistic rage. I can see him saying on air, "They want to be paid? They should be PAYING ME for the privilege of working here!!!" I also wonder if Medicated Pete got paid when they brought him back as an "intern"?

blindbella, Samurai and Notfunorfunny like this.
  7. Swedish John

Swedish John I'm your huckleberry

Reputations:
    Only a matter of time until the rest join in. You have to imagine that they are dumbfounded at how the shows nuts were chopped off. The whole "evolution" of the show seemed obviously planned. I would be spiteful.

blindbella and Notfunorfunny like this.
  8. Just Peachy

Reputations:

God, how I want someone without a confidentiality clause to spill the beans on everything. Satisfaction would never have felt so good.

9. Swedish John

Reputations:
    He would justify that as them being able to network through the show and gain club appearances etc. It's total nonsense, but he always finds a way to justify all of his bad moves.

10. Swedish John

Reputations:
    I am totally on board with you. As a fan for so many years, in a way I feel entitled to know what the truth is.

blindbella and Honkey Donkey like this.
  11. Just Peachy

Reputations:
    Oh I know all that, his justification for everything he does illegal always follows his bad press. Unfortunately for him, his "perks" of the job don't equal cold hard cash. That is what is legal tender in the US.

12. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    God is that well said, I agree with every word! oooohh shit, I forgot something be right back!?!

13. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Sorry guys, I just edited/added his follow ups to the OP. Good juicy wigcriminating stuff.

Notfunorfunny likes this.
  14. Just Peachy

Reputations:
    Good editions, Arm. I'm really interested how this is all going to play out. I really hope it doesn't become hush/hush with a settlement and once again, another confidentiality clause.

We fans are always left in the dark at things that should be transparent if they are doing right by their own people.

15. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    It'll HOPEFULLY grow like garypuppet on Jillian Barbarie's twitter. Tracey Millman didn't exactly disagree either right here...

[​IMG]

Tracey Millman On the flip side... Maybe colleges shouldn't require internship credits to graduate as many do.
    3 hrs · Like · 1

16. Just Peachy

Reputations:
    Tracey is crazy with that statement though. Almost all schools require some mandatory real world experience. It could be in the form of an internship, understudying with a professor, having a senior project to complete, or in the sciences, designing and conducting your own experiment. I not only had to design and conduct an experiment, I had to demonstrate my knowledge of advanced statistics when interpreting results. I also interned for a professor in real world work. The professor was an honorable man too. He would have more advanced interns overseeing our work and he would pay them as well as give course credits and excellent letters of recommendation. Those interns should be receiving class credit, then if asked back should legally be on the payroll. And I bet if Baba Booey gives letters of recommendations, I bet it is a form letter with a stamp for his signature.

MelroseLarry#1 likes this.
  17. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    Ya know, I don't know if I'm just lazy or too depressed or too cynical but I've always been trepidacious about interning when I was younger. I just couldn't fathom going through those years without beer or video game money.

But, as Wigward's minions have intimated, you have to be a RICH family (aka LI/NJ Jewish) to intern there on any level.

18. AllAboutHim Ed

AllAboutHim Ed #mypurpose VIP

Reputations:
    Great thread. Grillo is an idiot but I have no idea how Stern could watch that sped run around for 5 years and not get paid. Beff spends more on an outfit than Grillo would have been paid in a year, if he had actually been paid. I just can't relate to that level of cheapness.

blindbella and Honkey Donkey like this.
  19. Just Peachy

Reputations:
    Oh interning was pretty minimal hours, most semesters I carried a "real" job. I had a comfy one too. I sat in an office for the school and did homework while I waited for maintenance calls. Most days, the phone never rang. I could watch tv, sleep, play cards or have friends over. I'm pretty sure we could have drank beer without anyone caring. ;)

20. ARM

ARM Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    THAT says alot! I can't even watch my nephew "Rock-head" play TITAN FALLS on XBOX 360 for three hours without throwing him a 10ski or TACO BELL for the entertainment.