Still Not Fantastic

Discussion in 'The Howard Stern Show' started by Peau de Soie, Jan 27, 2015.

1. Peau de Soie

Peau de Soie Edit Button? Thanks LaserTilt!

Reputations:
    New Fantastic Four Trailer. It sucks shit. Between this and Ant Man (different studios of course) it's not shaping up to be a great Marvel year. Still, this seems a little more salvageable than Ant Man does.

Only interesting part is the appearance of two House of Cards alumni (Freddie the barbecue dude and big eared dead reporter girl).

Big eared dead reporter girl was cute in "Zoom" though.

The Snork and smichal like this.
  2. Birddog

Birddog Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    I see they went with the token black guy

The Snork likes this.
  3. Smartguy

Smartguy This Space Is For Rent VIP

Reputations:
    Wait, where is Jessica Alba?

The Snork likes this.
  4. Peau de Soie

Reputations:
    Turned into a big eared dead reporter girl. (Who appeared with Spacey at an awards show for some reason, even though she essentially died in season 1.)

5. Murcielago

Murcielago Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast

Reputations:
    Norm MacDonald bit:

Fantastic Four are too corny to make for a serious movie.

Humongous likes this.
  6. Peau de Soie

Reputations:
    That bit would be awful were it not for the genius that is Norm's natural delivery. Even then it's skating on thin ice. Thanks, I enjoyed it.

7. dexterdog

dexterdog Well-Known Member

Reputations:
    It shows more promise than the first two FF movies, which were both honking piles of doodie. However what's with the young cast? And I'm sorry, Johnny Storm (The Human Torch) is a white guy. Why this constant need to revamp iconic characters? Nick Fury, is also caucasian in the comics, however Samuel L. Jackson's portrayal of the character has grown on me somewhat so I can live with that.
    I just feel that the studios think that it's necessary to go "young" and include a black/ethnic character to insure that the movie will appeal to a certain demographic and bring in more dollars. That's bullshit because the geeks will go see it and spend their money on it if it's GOOD. That's the bottom line. Why can't they just stick with the spirit of the original comics?
    They've done the same thing with the tv version of the Flash, turned him into this way too young cool dude, with a supporting cast of geniuses who look like they haven't had their first shave or inserted their first tampon yet. And Iris West, the Flash's "love interest" is also now black as well on the show.
    There have been plenty of black comic book characters over the years. It's not like we owe the audience some kind of racial balancing of the books.

8. EndOfLine

EndOfLine PLATINUM SPONSOR VIP

Reputations:
    This trailer is cut like Interstellar was - smart move to mask how shitty this movie might be.